I'm up to my eyeballs with kitties!

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Posts
4,089
First, it was 5 ( and unfortunately, two past away ).

Then came 3 more !

Then 4 more !!

And now, another 4 that were falling out of an old hayloft !!!

I already have twenty something outdoor cats and 8 living inside !!!!

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
tumblr_l5vnz7FjpZ1qz7yq2.jpg
 
I'm a 20 plusser myself. A 10 pnd bag every 2-3 days, not to mention advantage for fleas, getting em fixed, and various vet bills, litter....gee, i wonder why i don't have any money
 
I'm a 20 plusser myself. A 10 pnd bag every 2-3 days, not to mention advantage for fleas, getting em fixed, and various vet bills, litter....gee, i wonder why i don't have any money

I just had 3 of them in the house come down with some kind of nasty stomach virus and they spent the last week puking everywhere! :( Good thing I live a few miles from a large animal vet who has oral amoxicillin.

When Wal-mart doesn't have the 7lb .98 cent bags of litter, I'm using sand from the hill out back.
 
Last edited:
Well, i'm lucky. I don't have kittie custody, only visitation rights and a hefty kittymony.
But when i dont see the little shits for a few weeks, damned if i don't miss em.
 
Mine seem to be spontaneously generating.

The 12 kittens in my chicken house number 13 this morning.
 
I saw 3 by a dumpster this morn, and of course i keep a kitty kit with me.
I said, "here kitty kitty"
They ran
I looked to the heavens and said,
"thank you!"
Then i ran while the gettin was good.
 
If I sell my kidneys on EBAY, I could afford to get them all fixed.
 
I have 1 going to the dentist tue. Another going to the vet for a bad cold.
Have one with brain/nerve issues.
When we found her in a barn as a kitten, a larvae had burrowed into her brain.
The vet said it could be fixed.
He was wrong.
She can only walk along walls. Has no balance. But she's adjusted.
Easily spent over a thousand on that one.
For mnths she was boarded 5 days a week at the vet for therapy that never helped.
But she's a cutie and the others watch out for her.
 
Have one with brain/nerve issues.
When we found her in a barn as a kitten, a larvae had burrowed into her brain.
The vet said it could be fixed.
He was wrong.
She can only walk along walls. Has no balance. But she's adjusted.
Easily spent over a thousand on that one.
For mnths she was boarded 5 days a week at the vet for therapy that never helped.
But she's a cutie and the others watch out for her.

I have one of those also. At about four or five months she suddenly became very ill, lost coordination and began bobbing her head.

My best guess is cerebellar hypoplasia

Ironically, her name is Bob.

She has adjusted very well, with the exception that it is impossible to trim her nails without her going into a spastic playfull attack mode that results in lots of bleeding scratches and bites.
 
I don't know why, but that reminded me of a very old dumb joke.
A bull would stare over the barb wire fence at the flirtatious cow every day. Finally he could stand it no longer, got a good run and jumped the fence.
She batted her lashes and said, "hi, i'm elsie the cow"
He replied, "i'm fernidad the bull, but you can just call me fernidad~that fence was higher than i thought"
 
The last batch of kittens ( for now I hope ) were born yesterday. Can't tell how many there are. At the moment it is a squirming mass of kitlet.
 
The last batch turned out to be 6. :rolleyes:

I now have at least 21 kittens on the farm at this very moment.

:cattail:
 
The last batch turned out to be 6. :rolleyes:

I now have at least 21 kittens on the farm at this very moment.

:cattail:
M, you have a serious kitty problem which is going to drown you if you don't get help right away. you need to reduce your cat numbers to 6 or less and get them fixed before it overwhelms you. contact a cat rescue place. :rose:
 
M, you have a serious kitty problem which is going to drown you if you don't get help right away. you need to reduce your cat numbers to 6 or less and get them fixed before it overwhelms you. contact a cat rescue place. :rose:

I just might have to do that.

Or take out a loan and get them all fixed.
 
Good luck finding a true rescue that will take them all and not destroy any.
It sounds wonderful, but i've found it to be mostly a myth.
 
Back
Top