Feedback for Story Series that Crosses Several Genres

KatieTay

Literotica Guru
Hello Literotica readers,

I've written some stories that straddle several genres. I've tried to make the straddling pleasurable, but I guess the results have been... mixed!

If anyone would like to read about muscular lesbian incestuous superheroines - a mother and her daughter, spectacularly muscular, who have an incestuous love, and engage in plenty of wrestling and other combative activities - here is the latest:

https://www.literotica.com/s/mom-the-superheroine-06

It's been placed in Incest/Taboo, which I understand, but because my stories so far don't really cater specifically to that crowd, I can't blame them for not being enthused and giving me the 1-votes.

Is Incest/Taboo something that sort of overrides other categories in such cases?

Out of curiosity, which category did you ask it to go in?

You could ask Laurel to move it to Erotic Couplings, which might be more receptive to the mix of elements you have going on here.

From what I can figure out, there is a pecking order in Incest which goes mom/son first, daddy/daughter or siblings next (I doubt anybody has real story data to know the actual order), and mom/daughter last. And muscular (ie assertive women) a long way behind "normal" lesbians (ie, male fantasy lesbians).

Sounds like you've written something almost the complete opposite of what the incest crowd might like.

Perhaps you should ask for it to be moved before it gets one-bombed out of existence.

Did you try to post it to Lesbian? I think that's control category for any form of woman-woman incest and the one that would give you the best readership response.

Out of curiosity, which category did you ask it to go in?

You could ask Laurel to move it to Erotic Couplings, which might be more receptive to the mix of elements you have going on here.

From what I can figure out, there is a pecking order in Incest which goes mom/son first, daddy/daughter or siblings next (I doubt anybody has real story data to know the actual order), and mom/daughter last. And muscular (ie assertive women) a long way behind "normal" lesbians (ie, male fantasy lesbians).

Sounds like you've written something almost the complete opposite of what the incest crowd might like.

Perhaps you should ask for it to be moved before it gets one-bombed out of existence.

I put it in Fetish, like the rest of the series, on the basis that it primarily caters to the Superheroine fetish... or perhaps, if people think of wrestling as a fetish then that could be it.

It just so happens to have all those other elements in it.

And yes, I was just wondering about that "pecking order" in Incest!

Anyway... I am not looking to pad ratings... my primary aim is to entertain, my secondary aim is to get feedback from readers so I can improve my writing skills and the way I can explore or deal with certain themes. Mainly I just hope to have more people enjoying my stories, so that's why I'd like it to be in the most suitable category. If the ratings are high, it would be an indication that I'm reaching my target audience!

Did you try to post it to Lesbian? I think that's control category for any form of woman-woman incest and the one that would give you the best readership response.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder about that... the "control" category. I had placed it in Fetish, not Lesbian. I wonder if I should place the next series in there?

I write a lot from the gay male side--and a lot of it. I've learned that the audience for anything that includes a strong element of gay male is there, nowhere else at Literotica. I would be surprised if that were not the case with lesbian as well, although a tad less stringently so.

Having read through the suggested chapter, as well as a few others in your catalog, I think your problem is not miscategorization. It's not that you have strong, muscular females. It's not the incest.

It's that you don't know what your doing with them. You don't have a clear image in your mind of what it is your trying to create. Your chapters are too long to just be stroke pieces, but not enough is happening plot-wise for these to be 'stories'.

What I'm seeing, and bear in mind that I only read 4 chapters from different stories at random and not your full body of work, is that you are very focused on the beauty of the body, AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Your writing, at a nuts and bolts level, is technically sound. You do a fantastic job of describing motion, and sinew, and effort. But that's all your doing.

Your stories feel a lot likr erotic Dragonball Z. Characters will stand around for an entire 30 minute episode, screaming at the top of their lungs and building their chi. Meanwhile, nothing is happening storywise. You are writing a lot about strong characters doing strong things. On a weightlifting website, you would be making out like gangbusters. Here though...

You need a plot. You need some kind of tension to draw characters into action. A strong, muscular woman can and will shine under any circumstance if you are providing some kind of contrast for them to stand out against.

I need to be clear here. I like your writing. I like your kinks. I myself have several stories featuring VERY muscular, very fit women. I just think you need to find a way to introduce more plot to help make the larger story more appealing to the average reader that has no idea what a posedown is.

Zarya needs Tracer. A yin to her yang. If Overwatch were populated entirely by Zarya-like characters, it would be terrible.

Having read through the suggested chapter, as well as a few others in your catalog, I think your problem is not miscategorization. It's not that you have strong, muscular females. It's not the incest.

It's that you don't know what your doing with them. You don't have a clear image in your mind of what it is your trying to create. Your chapters are too long to just be stroke pieces, but not enough is happening plot-wise for these to be 'stories'.

What I'm seeing, and bear in mind that I only read 4 chapters from different stories at random and not your full body of work, is that you are very focused on the beauty of the body, AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Your writing, at a nuts and bolts level, is technically sound. You do a fantastic job of describing motion, and sinew, and effort. But that's all your doing.

Your stories feel a lot likr erotic Dragonball Z. Characters will stand around for an entire 30 minute episode, screaming at the top of their lungs and building their chi. Meanwhile, nothing is happening storywise. You are writing a lot about strong characters doing strong things. On a weightlifting website, you would be making out like gangbusters. Here though...

You need a plot. You need some kind of tension to draw characters into action. A strong, muscular woman can and will shine under any circumstance if you are providing some kind of contrast for them to stand out against.

I need to be clear here. I like your writing. I like your kinks. I myself have several stories featuring VERY muscular, very fit women. I just think you need to find a way to introduce more plot to help make the larger story more appealing to the average reader that has no idea what a posedown is.

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful feedback!

I'm going to check out your stories very soon. They sound interesting!

Regarding plot... I do have several story series going. With each series I'm going somewhere, I think. Do you suppose your critique would change somewhat if you were to read a series from beginning to end, and see where I am going with each one? I'd love to hear more from you and hopefully get more tips for improvement.

On a side note, "erotic Dragonball Z" sounds like a terrific idea to me :p

I'd be happy to. Pick one for me that's not too long.

Of my own stories, The Huntress, Derelict 0006, and Terrible Company feature muscular women.

I wish you could post your story in multiple categories. That would make it more likely that people who are interested in your story would find it.

I didn't think your scores were particularly bad. I looked at some of the stories by other authors in your latest category, and it seems like a lot of them score below four points. That said, I think moving between three categories within a single story series probably cost you some readers who could have stuck with you and raised your score - just a theory.

Well, there we go again!

My latest story is up... and it immediately caught a random 1-star rating! I really do think there might be some random trolls running around 1-bombing any and all stories in the Incest/Taboo section, for reasons of their own.

Could someone tell me the best way to get in touch with Lauren or whoever can help me with my story classification?

I indicated "Fetish" as the catch-all, but it hasn't been accepted.

Could someone tell me the best way to get in touch with Lauren or whoever can help me with my story classification?

Send a PM to Laurel - just as spelt here - with a link to your story and ask her to reclassify it. As the site editor, she will make a call as to what category she thinks a story will run best, but if an author asks for a reclassification, I understand she will consider it.

Last edited:
Well, there we go again!

My latest story is up... and it immediately caught a random 1-star rating! I really do think there might be some random trolls running around 1-bombing any and all stories in the Incest/Taboo section, for reasons of their own.

That's so immature of people, I mean, they are on LITEROTICA, where there are thousands of different interests...etc, if they do not like incest then they just shouldnt click

Hey KatieTay,

I agree with what AwkwardMD said. I would add, see if you can have a higher sex to violence ratio or blend them together better at least. Also, I would like more descriptions about their bodies and get into the characters a little more about what turns them on, etc. The bottom line for me is: you need more sex.

Is your avatar a picture of the actual you? What I am looking at is a beautiful, exotic woman who clearly invests a lot of time in looking great, feeling great, and being healthy. I like strong women. I think those shoulders are sexy. I am pretty sure if we could see your muscular butt and beautiful hips, they certainly wouldn't be manly. I got an erection just looking at your picture, reading the thread, linking to your drawings, and knowing you had these kinky thoughts in your head. I already want to fuck you - whether it's the real you or the profile and picture you want us to think is you. Then I read the stories, and it's just not the same. The erection fades. Can you draw more from personal experience and give more exposition about what's going in your heroine's head maybe? And talk a little more about that fine ass I know you have.

For categorization, I would put all f/f in lesbian sex like another person said.

Most importantly, keep writing. I don't think we have enough material like this with the strong women.

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you enjoy my stories. On here, I put them up as the main feature, not myself. I am not looking to date or have online sex - it's the writing that I want to do, and it's the writing that I want to cause arousal, not my chosen pictures for my profile.

I would fully agree that we need more of what I write about, but then, I would say that, wouldn't I. :p

Back