What do you all like most about this forum?

I barely remember him but I pop back in to lit and he is all over the gb, and as it seems to me, trying a little too hard to be a meanie? What's that about then?

Well for a planetqueen, I can certainly don a psychiatrist cap, Jungian, none the less will do! We must delve into the subconscious for this. I think I will do this as a male.

Well let us see? Fault finding. Well ok, I suppose a father or mother figure for him was a fault finder.

The thing is that as the psychiatrist I have just now miracously become
I cannot understand why when someone's parental figures says thing that feel hurtful, some children will do that unto others, but some children will think "wow I do not like being treated and spoken to that way" and will go out of their way not to do what felt hurtful to them to others.

The key to me is whether compassion for self and others is stronger, or the hurt from the internal feelings are too much to overcome. To teach and exemplify compassion would seem the best approach.

Well for a planetqueen, I can certainly don a psychiatrist cap, Jungian, none the less will do! We must delve into the subconscious for this. I think I will do this as a male.

Well let us see? Fault finding. Well ok, I suppose a father or mother figure for him was a fault finder.

The thing is that as the psychiatrist I have just now miracously become
I cannot understand why when someone's parental figures says thing that feel hurtful, some children will do that unto others, but some children will think "wow I do not like being treated and spoken to that way" and will go out of their way not to do what felt hurtful to them to others.

The key to me is whether compassion for self and others is stronger, or the hurt from the internal feelings are too much to overcome. To teach and exemplify compassion would seem the best approach.

I must respectfully disagree. I find that is it the child's own self worth that determines if they become a bully or a champion. If they value themselves then no mater what is said to them then they do not become the bully. If they don't have that at their core from any source then you find a bully. Makes um feel like they have control, Which is a whole nother kettle of fish!

Now you are getting into the role. If you post as a different sex (we could even post as different creatures of all sorts including aliens!) you just start to expand the ways you reply and process things, no?

I think we as people could learn more about each other that way and more about ourselves as well.

I know it's considered something of a parlor game here for a guy to post as a woman (Karen Kraft, miles, KRCummings, Queerbait™) but I simply don't see the point in it.

I must respectfully disagree. I find that is it the child's own self worth that determines if they become a bully or a champion. If they value themselves then no matter what is said to them then they do not become the bully. If they don't have that at their core from any source then you find a bully. Makes um feel like they have control, Which is a whole nother kettle of fish!

Yeah, I thought of that as well. I don't think you so much disagree as you embellish the compassion theory. You are fun to talk to! :)

I know it's considered something of a parlor game here for a guy to post as a woman (Karen Kraft, miles, KRCummings, Queerbait™) but I simply don't see the point in it.

Other than an un suspecting persons ego. Who is it hurting? Hell I am female and I get accuse of being everything but my fathers daughter on here. lol

Yeah, I thought of that as well. I don't think you so much disagree as you embellish the compassion theory. You are fun to talk to! :)

I try to avoid Philosophy books. I like to come up with the stuff myself. Help the old brain keep working. It may be an old concept when it hits me, b
ut it's new to me and I make made it myself. Shake and bake helped. ;)

Other than an un suspecting persons ego. Who is it hurting? Hell I am female and I get accuse of being everything but my fathers daughter on here. lol

Well off the top of my head I can think of a certain 26 year old "plucky gang rape survivor" who asked for other women to share their rape stories with "her" so "she" could come to terms with it. "She" turned out to be an uber-skeezy 60 something guy.

Well off the top of my head I can think of a certain 26 year old "plucky gang rape survivor" who asked for other women to share their rape stories with "her" so "she" could come to terms with it. "She" turned out to be an uber-skeezy 60 something guy.

I stand corrected. That's just wrong!

I try to avoid Philosophy books. I like to come up with the stuff myself. Help the old brain keep working. It may be an old concept when it hits me, but it's new to me and I make made it myself. Shake and bake helped. ;)

I have never read though an entire philospophy book myself nbut I did make it through Phaedrus by Plato. http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/phaedrus.html

This in especial delight: Plato paints the picture of a Charioteer (Greek: ἡνίοχος) driving a chariot pulled by two winged horses:

"First the charioteer of the human soul drives a pair, and secondly one of the horses is noble and of noble breed, but the other quite the opposite in breed and character. Therefore in our case the driving is necessarily difficult and troublesome."[1]

The Charioteer represents intellect, reason, or the part of the soul that must guide the soul to truth; one horse represents rational or moral impulse or the positive part of passionate nature (e.g., righteous indignation); while the other represents the soul's irrational passions, appetites, or concupiscent nature. The Charioteer directs the entire chariot/soul, trying to stop the horses from going different ways, and to proceed towards enlightenment.

I have never read though an entire philospophy book myself nbut I did make it through Phaedrus by Plato. http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/phaedrus.html

This in especial delight: Plato paints the picture of a Charioteer (Greek: ἡνίοχος) driving a chariot pulled by two winged horses:

"First the charioteer of the human soul drives a pair, and secondly one of the horses is noble and of noble breed, but the other quite the opposite in breed and character. Therefore in our case the driving is necessarily difficult and troublesome."[1]

The Charioteer represents intellect, reason, or the part of the soul that must guide the soul to truth; one horse represents rational or moral impulse or the positive part of passionate nature (e.g., righteous indignation); while the other represents the soul's irrational passions, appetites, or concupiscent nature. The Charioteer directs the entire chariot/soul, trying to stop the horses from going different ways, and to proceed towards enlightenment.

Just two horses?

Pfffttt. Lightweight. :)

You might get on well with Query. He has similar reasons for using alts - to help him explore personas/personae.

Mayflow also posts poetry similar to Query.

Sometimes centered in the middle of the post similar to Query's.

FYP

...and I never write poetry

And I do, so why do people think this?

Silence harkens upon
her hardened bows
The ship seems desolate now

Not one lost soul aware
that it is lost
to the waves of nothing

And yet there is nothing
that can stop her now, as
She moves into the night

So aware..

Knowing there is nothing
there and yet
She moves forward

With unabashioned Heart and Soul

Until this whole world
is all at one
within her passions

And until no single Soul
at all
is any longer lost:

With such wicked wicked
fashions does she
enterwine their hearts ~ Mayflow

And I do, so why do people think this?

Silence harkens upon
her hardened bows
The ship seems desolate now

Not one lost soul aware
that it is lost
to the waves of nothing

And yet there is nothing
that can stop her now, as
She moves into the night

So aware..

Knowing there is nothing
there and yet
She moves forward

With unabashioned Heart and Soul

Until this whole world
is all at one
within her passions

And until no single Soul
at all
is any longer lost:

With such wicked wicked
fashions does she
enterwine their hearts ~ Mayflow

Very nice. There is a lot more to poetry than whether one centers it or right justifies. Maybe, in time, the poet laureate Magnetron will learn that.

I actually can write poetry, but my process is formulaic. I write regular prose which for me is a fairly conversational style. I then take the time to consider meter and the nebulous way that words have a cadence and the way a chosen word can alter the nuance of a scene.

I am a machine with words owing to the size of my repository for them, so I can usually do some weeding and seeding, plucking a word here, replacing one there until it 'feels' right.

I do not have the soul of a poet.

I was just remarking to Cleaver that I have trouble reading non-standard prose. I think it is beneficial for me to do so as it slows me to a stillness that contrasts nicely with the ordinary frenetic pace with which I intake.

Very nice. There is a lot more to poetry than whether one centers it or right justifies. Maybe, in time, the poet laureate Magnetron will learn that.

I actually can write poetry, but my process is formulaic. I write regular prose which for me is a fairly conversational style. I then take the time to consider meter and the nebulous way that words have a cadence and the way a chosen word can alter the nuance of a scene.

I am a machine with words owing to the size of my repository for them, so I can usually do some weeding and seeding, plucking a word here, replacing one there until it 'feels' right.

I do not have the soul of a poet.

I was just remarking to Cleaver that I have trouble reading non-standard prose. I think it is beneficial for me to do so as it slows me to a stillness that contrasts nicely with the ordinary frenetic pace with which I intake.

Cleaver? I read Magnetron's poetry and got hold of the word "unabashioned" so it held reminiscience for me of the poem "The Ship" I had written albeit in a different setting. I do not believe you do not have the soul of a poet.

Back