A Bat's Light of Hope (Closed)

"No I think that may have been a slip of the tongue with maybe a bit of rebellious teenager thrown in. I don't think Rini would hurt Alfred in any way if she actually thought about it." He smiled at her and grabbed her hand. "Enough about that for now. If we don't hurry up and go and get ready they will all be waiting on us and then who will be in trouble." He laughed as he kissed her fingers and then grinned at her.

"Still no mention of the rings though," he teased.
 
Serenity laughed. "Of course. I'd rather not have to go out after getting scolded by Luna and Artemis. Trust me, getting scolded by one of them is bad enough." She giggled. "And if reporters notice the ring before Luna does, I'll never let her live it down."
 
Bruce laughed as they hurried upstairs. He went into his room and packed a quick overnight bag with everything he would need, then selected a nice suit for dinner and a casual one for walking around in for later that day and packed them as well. Then he changed into some nice casual clothes and brought everything downstairs.

He found Artemis waiting for him with Alfred and chuckled. Nothing changed it seemed, no mater the species or the time they came from, Women always took longer to get ready than men.
 
Rini and Diana came down first with their bags in hand,both whispering and sneaking glances at Bruce before breaking into giggles before it looked like something was exchanged between the two teens with Diana looking a little more smug.

Serenity and Luna came down after with their own bags. Serenity waited until she was next to Bruce before glancing at the teens and mouthing "They know" to him. Though it seemed Artemis and Luna still hadn't noticed Serenity's ring and she wasn't gonna point it out.
 
Bruce nodded at Serenity and then glanced at the girls. Obviously something was going on between the two of them and it seemed as if Diana was the one winning. He hoped he would find out what it was all about later. He was surprised that they had picked up on it first though. Then again maybe Rini and Diana had some clues from the future.

"Okay Alfred I think we will take the mini van today. It may not be ultra stylish but at least it will carry everyone comfortably. The young ladies wish to go to the fair grounds."
 
Serenity looked over to Alfred and was pleased to see that he had taken a more casual style of dress for the day as well. She would've hated delaying the outing further by sending him to change. "Well if we're all ready now, let's go."
 
Everyone piled into the van and Alfred, who had insisted on driving, headed off for the fair grounds.

Gotham had a permanent amusement park, filled with Roller coasters, water rides, merry go rounds and all sorts of other wonders of entertainment. Bruce was sure the kids would find something to do and he knew a few ways of entertaining himself and Serenity and even Alfred, but Luna and Artemis seemed hell bent on not enjoying themselves.

"What are we going to do about those two," he whispered to Serenity as they got close to the park. "I really don't see them trying to join in the fun this morning."
 
She rolled her eyes with a sigh. "It's more Luna than Artemis." She whispered. "She overthinks things too much. And thus can't understand why we'd so willingly spend money for rigged games and such." She glanced at Luna briefly, certain the cat could hear her. "But then I do believe she was just jealous all these years that she couldn't take part in the fun due to being in a cat body all that time. And now that she finally is human, she's afraid to let go and just enjoy herself now that The Black Moon clan is gone. And poor Artemis, she doesn't want to be alone and so she's got him agreeing not to have fun either. It's quite a shame, I was hoping we could show them just how romantic a ride on the Ferris wheel can be. But why waste such a moment on people so hell bent on not having fun. It would take away from it." She then gave a small smirk only for Bruce to see when she saw Luna start whispering to Artemis and Artemis seem to sigh in relief with a smile.
 
Last edited:
Bruce leaned into her and cuddled her close. "Remind me not to try to outwit you all that often my dear," he chuckled as he kissed her cheek.

Ten minutes later they arrived and parked. It was a weekday during school time so they were able to get a good spot and as everyone piled out Bruce stopped Diana and Rini before they raced off. "Oh no you don't you two, this is a family day. The first hour we will spend it together at least. Then you two can fly off and do your own thing until lunch," he laughed.

They all walked over to the gate and he paid for them to get in and once inside he headed to the conviently located kiosk and bought everyone a disposable camera."I know they are very old school but I want lot's of pictures today. Now first things first, the big merry go round."
 
Serenity giggled. "If that hadn't worked, I would've had Rini and Diana join me in a triple pout."

The two teens nodded in understanding when he told them to stay with everyone the first hour.

Serenity chuckled. "Someone's clearly excited."
 
For the next little while they did family friendly things. They rode the merry go round, the tea cups, and the bumper cars. Then they strolled around looking at all the games. Bruce spied a huge Teddy Bear, Unicorn and a Tiger at a ring toss game and smiled. He walked over and payed 5 dollars for ten rings and quickly threw the first three straight over the colored tops giving him the choice of the stand. He then threw the other two over as well.

The operator gave him a strange look but he just laughed at him and requested the giant Teddy bear, The Tiger, The Panther, The Unicorn and a giant Penguin. He handed them out to the girls and gave the penguin to Alfred. It seemed that all the years of throwing Batarang's was good for something.
 
Diana and Luna were both pleased when they were given stuffed animals. Artemis, to save face, gave Bruce a look as if feeling put-off due to it not being him giving Luna and Diana something but within his eyes in that same look was one of gratitude for them not feeling left out.

Serenity and Rini giggled when Alfred was given the penguin. Serenity looked at her watch and smiled. "Okay Rini, Diana, you girls can go have fun but take Alfred with you. We'll see you at lunch." She smiled as the two girls nodded happily, linked their arms with Alfred and walked off.
 
Bruce had already told Alfred to give the girls some money if they ran low so they could have a fun time.

He took Serenity's hand and began to stroll around the park. "So my lovely lady, what would you like to do now. We can go on that giant Ferris wheel ride you wanted?"
 
Serenity smiled softly at him. "That would be perfect." She was happy and enjoying being out with the family. She was happy that none of the other people at the park had seemed to notice her ring yet since Luna and Artemis still hadn't noticed.
 
Bruce noticed that although his was a pretty famous face, not that many people seemed to be paying that much attention to him. He could put a lot of it down to the place and the fact that most people were concerned with their children, but still he thought that one or two people would have recognized him by now. He was actually quite glad that they had not but at the same time quite puzzled.

As he strolled arm in arm with Serenity towards the Ferris wheel he pondered the problem. Perhaps it was just that people did not expect to see a person like him in a place like this without an entourage of security people. Although he had never been one for Bodyguards he had on occasion hired one or two when the occasion called for it. Still that didn't seem to be it.

As they waited in line he got his first inkling as the person in front of them turned to complain at him as he was jostled into him by the rowdy bunch behind them. His eyes went wide with recognition then slack again. "Listen buddy be more careful."
"I'm sorry sir," Bruce said.
He turned to Serenity and looked at her puzzled. "Is your protection magic transferable," he whispered in her ear," or has someone cast it on me?"
 
Serenity tilted her head closer at hearing Bruce's question. "Not that I know of." She whispered back. "But then, remember I didn't even know of it really myself until you and that one guy pointed it out. Maybe there's something else to you that neither of us knows." She lightly teased before kissing his cheek. "For now, enjoy the peace. We might not be so lucky later."
 
Bruce smiled and kissed her back and enjoyed the closeness of her while they waited their turn for a carriage. It only took a few minutes as the place was not very crowded and soon they and Luna and Artemis were sitting in a bright blue carriage and beginning their ride into the heavens.

He cuddled into her on the seat and looked out at the view of the city. Finally it was safe, but he knew it would come under threat again but now he had someone who he could protect it with. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "I am glad you are with me Serenity"
 
Serenity cuddled to Bruce, enjoying the view of the city as well. She smiled softly at him. "I'm glad we're together too." She peeked a glance over at Luna and Artemis and smiled to see the two guardians were positioned similar to her and Bruce and that both were enjoying the view as well.

A bit of sunlight reflected off of Serenity's ring, catching Luna's and Artemis' eyes. Both turned their heads to look at the source and smiled. "Congratulations." They spoke together.
 
Bruce laughed at the two in good humor. "Drat I almost won. Silly sun had to choose that moment to sparkle on it. It was almost lunch time as well."

He leaned down and kissed Serenity and then looked at the two of them. "Thank you very much. I will try to take very good care of her, but you two obviously know how she is," he teased.
 
Luna chuckled softly. "Very much so. Stubborn and loves to sleep." She teased.

Serenity stuck her tongue out at Luna. "Haha very funny Luna."
 
They returned to looking out at the scenery and Bruce thought that it couldn't get much better than this.

As the ride ended he looked around. Time for one last ride before we have to meet the girls and save poor Alfred. Do you want to try something adventurous?
 
Serenity looked up at Bruce. "Thinking a roller coaster? I'm in." She looked to Luna and Artemis. "You two going to join us?" She challenged.

Luna and Artemis glanced at each other before looking back at Serenity and nodding
 
Bruce looked at Serenity and led her over to the biggest roller coaster in the park. It contained three loops, two corkscrews and one of the biggest drops on any roller coaster. It was also an open roller coaster meaning you road strapped below the carriage with your feet dangling in the air.

"So what do you think, still up for it?," he asked her teasingly.
 
Serenity looked up at the roller coaster that Bruce had chosen and grinned. "Oh yeah. I'm totally up for it." She glanced back at the two guardians. "What about you guys? Luna? Artemis?"

Both Luna and Artemis had visually paled at the sight of the roller coaster and shook their heads. "No. We're good. You two go on ahead."
 
Bruce smiled again. He was pretty sure Serenity would take him up on his challenge but the other two he was not sure on. He was hoping they would not as it looked like they needed some time alone and he and Serenity could finally have some fun.

He had to admit but being Batman had pretty much made him into a thrill seeker. Something like this was only going to measure about a three on his thrill meter but it was still going to be fun.

As they approached the line hand in hand he had to smile again. It had been a long time since he had felt like this, in fact it had probably not been since he had taken Dick out just like this, but it felt different. Now he had a woman he loved by his side. He really needed to get used to these new feelings. Maybe it was time Bruce Wayne went public with his new relationship so he didn't have to hide it anymore. Tonight he would have to discuss it with Serenity, but for now he would just enjoy himself.
 
Back
Top