Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4a2cd364f71a054891c3ddf741c2813731517a87_m.jpg
24fac5d17258d0cd3281a3738db9f5fd00126673_m.jpg

tumblr_ntppq1UiBz1rteosdo1_500.jpg

Not my hand in the corner, but this joint is one of the few remaining holdouts of accessible old-school righteousness in a changing nabe where $$$$ upscale restos are becoming the new normal due to ever-increasing rents that casual mom n' pop places can't survive. Keep those $6 good plates alive! :D

Mushroom Risotto - a study - in 6 Pics

AAD698E9-9E26-408D-ABCB-8E7E9C6F6065_zpsnwqgescb.jpg

8F5AFE1E-2FB3-4F07-82B9-3AEA2FDA165D_zpsnpdgn4hr.jpg

Delicious dinner of salmon and mushroom risotto tonight!

I love cooking (and learning) with you!

Today was all about tomatoes. I made the most devine gazpacho! So good. I also made greek stuffed tomatoes and two batches of my famous fresh quick sauce. With 15 plants, they just keep coming. :heart:

What's the crispy brown stuff?

premartinated and chopped pork - al pastor. from the hispanic market. great flavor. the queso fresco was from there as well. normally the bread is fried in butter, but the rolls were fresh, so i didn't toast them. they're also served with pickled jalapeño, but sometimes i pass on those. i do like a little jalapeño juice and lime juice.

eta. they are also served with beans on the bread, before the meat, but i didn't feel like making up beans.

Last edited:
premartinated and chopped pork - al pastor. from the hispanic market. great flavor. the queso fresco was from there as well. normally the bread is fried in butter, but the rolls were fresh, so i didn't toast them. they're also served with pickled jalapeño, but sometimes i pass on those. i do like a little jalapeño juice and lime juice.

eta. they are also served with beans on the bread, before the meat, but i didn't feel like making up beans.

You're making me hungry!

okay. so i had a lot of teflon pans and in a move, i purged myself of all the bad pans. i am down to just a few. i need to find my cast iron griddle.

I have a great recipe for "Tacos El Pastor".. It involves marinating your pork butt with slices of fresh pineapple and other junk. After the butt is slowly cooked its shredded and crisped. Its fantastic! Also, a fun Saturday afternoon prep session for a great Sunday dinner.

I have a great recipe for "Tacos El Pastor".. It involves marinating your pork butt with slices of fresh pineapple and other junk. After the butt is slowly cooked its shredded and crisped. Its fantastic! Also, a fun Saturday afternoon prep session for a great Sunday dinner.

you should post it! i have a couple of recipes, but the market meat is so easy and good. sunday meats are great for weekday meals of tortas. i love a good slow roasted pork butt.

you should post it! i have a couple of recipes, but the market meat is so easy and good. sunday meats are great for weekday meals of tortas. i love a good slow roasted pork butt.

I will post it! If I don't get lazy... or forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back