Red's Thread - come in and read a bit, post a bit, and lick a bit... okay... alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a store here in Canada that is not in the US called La Vie En Rose. They have stores in malls, in catalogs and on-line. I think their product is as nice, if not nicer, than Victoria's Secret. Had I a lady in my life, I'd spoil her with their stuff.

But I don't.

BrettJ in Canada

There is a store here in Canada that is not in the US called La Vie En Rose. They have stores in malls, in catalogs and on-line. I think their product is as nice, if not nicer, than Victoria's Secret. Had I a lady in my life, I'd spoil her with their stuff.

But I don't.

BrettJ in Canada

I just checked their website, some pretty things indeed.

I need these:
2012-09-28-Tom-Ford-FW2012-.gif.scaled1000.gif

Last edited:
Yes RED and their quality is superb. A friend of my sister's once worked there and they had a store here in town. I bought a few things as gifts and wasn't worried about the price, because the quality was so good.

Another huge lingerie company operates out of town here (or started here at least). Coquette lingerie was started by the wife of a local businessman as her own side business. Her quality was so good that her business eclipsed his and now his stores sell more of her product than what he started out doing. She also manufactures the Penthouse lingerie brand for them.

BrettJ in Canada

Yes RED and their quality is superb. A friend of my sister's once worked there and they had a store here in town. I bought a few things as gifts and wasn't worried about the price, because the quality was so good.

Another huge lingerie company operates out of town here (or started here at least). Coquette lingerie was started by the wife of a local businessman as her own side business. Her quality was so good that her business eclipsed his and now his stores sell more of her product than what he started out doing. She also manufactures the Penthouse lingerie brand for them.

BrettJ in Canada

Well, fancy that. I have considered making my own, but I have no patience for sewing clothes. I can do it, but I don't like doing it. I even hate putting on buttons, which is silly since I love to cross-stitch and putting on a button is just making an X through some button holes. :rolleyes:

I cannot sew and am not really crafty at all. My sister used to be quite good at things like that but she is lazy and does nothing these days. Her youngest daughter can do almost anything she sets her mind to. Lena sews and does small home repairs (she even got her own tool box and assembled my parent's futon for them) and will probably always be capable.

~sigh~ The fuckwit neighbors are running some kind of appliance. These goddamned (I will refrain from using an Ethnic slur but I am not fussy on these people) have been a gigantic pain the entire time they have lived here. Originally, it was just the wife who was the roommate of the previous tenant. Then her husband moved in after the other girl moved out and it's noise at all hours. The GOOD news is they're moving but the bad news is that every tenant who has lived above me has been a nightmare.

BrettJ in Canada

I cannot sew and am not really crafty at all. My sister used to be quite good at things like that but she is lazy and does nothing these days. Her youngest daughter can do almost anything she sets her mind to. Lena sews and does small home repairs (she even got her own tool box and assembled my parent's futon for them) and will probably always be capable.

~sigh~ The fuckwit neighbors are running some kind of appliance. These goddamned (I will refrain from using an Ethnic slur but I am not fussy on these people) have been a gigantic pain the entire time they have lived here. Originally, it was just the wife who was the roommate of the previous tenant. Then her husband moved in after the other girl moved out and it's noise at all hours. The GOOD news is they're moving but the bad news is that every tenant who has lived above me has been a nightmare.

BrettJ in Canada

I don't know why the sewing is an issue in regards to patience, but it is. So I don't do it unless I have to. I'll pay someone to sew for me if I can afford it.

My mother didn't like to sew either, although she could if she had to. For complicated work, she sent it to a lady down the street, her son was a friend of mine so I would sometimes drop it off.

My friend Peter can sew. Someday, I should have him teach me.

BrettJ in Canada

My mother didn't like to sew either, although she could if she had to. For complicated work, she sent it to a lady down the street, her son was a friend of mine so I would sometimes drop it off.

My friend Peter can sew. Someday, I should have him teach me.

BrettJ in Canada

I had to drop a coat off to have an inner seam fixed and there were also two buttons missing and I asked them to fix the coat and put on two buttons. You thought I was asking them to hang the moon. They couldn't believe I was willing to pay someone to sew on a couple buttons. This was many years ago, when I could just do something silly like that. Now I'll sew on the damn buttons myself, but not be happy about it. lol

My dad had a beautiful London Fog trenchcoat. He bought another one on sale one year so he gave me his. A few buttons were missing. I took it to a local tailor and had him put on all new buttons that would match. This was a very expensive coat and quite dressy. Less than a week later, I tore it on a piece of metal that was sticking out from a lamppost. It could not be repaired.

Funny thing about the lady who did sewing. She and her husband and my friend and his brother lived just down the street. My parents moved away, first to their Condo and then to a town called Southhampton, which is on Lake Huron. It is quite lovely and a bit of a retirement community. My mother was downtown getting their mail and who does she run into? Yep - the lady and her husband had retired up there as well. I believe he is since deceased and I don't know if she's still up there. My parents had to move back a few years ago for health reasons.

BrettJ in Canada

Done by daughter #1:

62224_494280077260387_1547047457_n.jpg

That is very good, Red.
There's a fluidity to the work and evident expression in the stylized form.
Did she reference a drawing / image or is it fully original?

The PC has taken over modern animation. It's refreshing to see a hand-drawn monotone sketch. :cool:

I'm looking at corsets... now if corsets are sold by the waist size, then how do you know your boobs are going to fit? :confused: Good grief!

"Hmm, do my boobs look big in this?" :D

Sorry, crude I know, but I couldn't help it.

Converting the frequently-heard query about one's posterior regions seemed like the obvious response. :eek:

Umm that's coral/king snake print LOL

And to complete the trio of unrelated posts ...

This is a Taipan.

You will not find fashion items with this print. Probably cause you don't live long enough trying to catch one. :rolleyes:

The Inland Taipan is the most venomous snake in the world.

872986-pn-taipan.jpg

My dad had a beautiful London Fog trenchcoat. He bought another one on sale one year so he gave me his. A few buttons were missing. I took it to a local tailor and had him put on all new buttons that would match. This was a very expensive coat and quite dressy. Less than a week later, I tore it on a piece of metal that was sticking out from a lamppost. It could not be repaired.

Funny thing about the lady who did sewing. She and her husband and my friend and his brother lived just down the street. My parents moved away, first to their Condo and then to a town called Southhampton, which is on Lake Huron. It is quite lovely and a bit of a retirement community. My mother was downtown getting their mail and who does she run into? Yep - the lady and her husband had retired up there as well. I believe he is since deceased and I don't know if she's still up there. My parents had to move back a few years ago for health reasons.

BrettJ in Canada

It's amazing what a small world this place really is.

That is very good, Red.
There's a fluidity to the work and evident expression in the stylized form.
Did she reference a drawing / image or is it fully original?

The PC has taken over modern animation. It's refreshing to see a hand-drawn monotone sketch. :cool:
Thank-you. :kiss:

I honestly don't know. I believe she thought of it herself, but I don't know for sure. She does both, original and references. She's always blushing when she brings me "awkward" drawings - where the character's butt is only partially covered, or her breasts really are pronounced. If she only saw the AVs on Lit., she'd know that what she is showing me won't upset me. lol

"Hmm, do my boobs look big in this?" :D

Sorry, crude I know, but I couldn't help it.

Converting the frequently-heard query about one's posterior regions seemed like the obvious response. :eek:

It's okay, you can be crude. :D

And to complete the trio of unrelated posts ...

This is a Taipan.

You will not find fashion items with this print. Probably cause you don't live long enough trying to catch one. :rolleyes:

The Inland Taipan is the most venomous snake in the world.

872986-pn-taipan.jpg

My image doesn't show up anymore, the one of the shoe itself. Not sure why. When I look at the reply the address is there, but the picture isn't anymore. :confused:

Yuck. No school due to weather. So no presentation for me. I'm bummed. However she did write back with make-up dates.

It's all good. Let hubby have the SUV so I'm stuck home. He called and said couple his coworkers got hit in various places. I think hubby is more concerned about damage to the car then my safety. I said that too and he's like back peddling on the phone. I know I'm evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back