The Isolated Blurt Thread XL : This Shit Is Pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true. He was using Barron's PS3 controller to pilot the ship when the Chinese hacked the monitor to show an open sea when in fact, it was very congested.

New Xbox game coming soon, just in time for Christmas!

99c87706-d2d0-4721-a1b4-a2f9afbe82b7-large16x9_AP_17233689469294.jpg

D-E-V-O!

I thought I'd settle in for the first nap I've had in weeks. Got the cat, turned on the fireplace, got my scooby do blanket, nap window is wide open and...road construction right smack out there. Dump trucks, excavator, rolly thingy...back up beeps. :-(

Ozark?

DHx4cxpXkAELiaS.jpg:large

this was underneath the pic

attachment.php

i think i found petey

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 4.17.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 4.17.53 PM.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
100 percent totality and clear skies made for a fun eclipse party. Shame it couldn't have lasted longer, but what a fucking amazing sight!

I tried taking pics and even a short video, but they just didn't come out clear so after a short time I said fuck it and just watched.

It totally looked just like this pic ...

t02200173_0362028413332727987.jpg

i think it's the eclipse. my pussy is out of control. she thinks she could take on a football team. *shakes head*

100 percent totality and clear skies made for a fun eclipse party. Shame it couldn't have lasted longer, but what a fucking amazing sight!

I tried taking pics and even a short video, but they just didn't come out clear so after a short time I said fuck it and just watched.

It totally looked just like this pic ...

t02200173_0362028413332727987.jpg

disappointing here. 98% coverage but it was brighter than it is at twilight, really. i honestly thought that 98% would give a lot more shadow. :(

Brian Aldiss has died. One of the most underrated sf authors of all time. Gonna have to re-read Heliconia.

disappointing here. 98% coverage but it was brighter than it is at twilight, really. i honestly thought that 98% would give a lot more shadow. :(

It didn't actually turn dark until it went 100%. And even then it was more like right at sunset instead of pitch black, and there was a 360% sunset which was pretty amazing too. It probably made a difference that I was out in the country.

It was more like this instead of middle of the night dark. The dark side of the moon with the white feathery light coming out around it against that background was just stunning.

14708856_G.jpg

We were told 93% coverage here and it just seemed like a slight blue glow.

Brian Aldiss has died. One of the most underrated sf authors of all time. Gonna have to re-read Heliconia.

his books were always around in my house as a child, along with asimov, heinlein, clarke, bradley, huxley and more, like stanislaw lem's solaris and jule's verne's greats. it's maybe the one thing i can honestly thank my father for - his love of sci-fi and sci-fantasy novels meant i got exposed to a far broader spectrum than my mum's preferred mainly historical choices. not sure who was responsible for LOTR, probably my mother, but i know she was the one behind the classics such as dickens and the brontes, shakespeare, swift and ... georgette heyer :rolleyes:

Looking for a box to return something and I found 6 boxes of unopened Samoa Girl Scout cookies. 8 years old. :(

I was tempted myself, I'm sure they're well preserved. The bad thing is I'm the only one in the house that likes coconut. Once I open, I'm committed.

Looking for a box to return something and I found 6 boxes of unopened Samoa Girl Scout cookies. 8 years old. :(

Wait....are you trying to tell us that Girl Scout cookies come in a flavor OTHER than Thin Mint? When did this happen??

6 boxes! How do you lose track of 6 boxes?

It's not that I lost track, it was that I thought some old pictures were in the box.

Wait....are you trying to tell us that Girl Scout cookies come in a flavor OTHER than Thin Mint? When did this happen??

They do! Those peanut butter ones are also yummy, sadly I don't have any 8 yr old Tagalongs.

Took one of my dearest friends for a drive, she talked and talked. I feel so bad for her, she has so much on her plate.

We drove around for 2 hours. I hope she feels better.

I thought there would be more shadow, too, but it just gave me more appreciation for how powerful that ball of light really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back