Writing true swap stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiancoupe

Virgin
Planning to write about some insane swapping experiences my wife and I have had in the past 3 years. .would people ne interested in it? Based on the feedback I will decide to embark on this. ..

Real experiences are very special

I would love to hear some accounts of your wife and you having sex with other people.

Be wary when approaching truth. This is a site for storytelling, not reporting. Yes, some of my episodes ARE straight reporting, but only where they also make good stories. Reality is overrated. Be imaginative. Take control. Write of not only what DID happen but also what MIGHT have happened, what you hoped (or feared) would happen. Inject your fantasies.

In my experience as a writer and a reader, true stories usually don't come off very well.

Consider fictionalizing the encounters, making the participants somewhat braver than real and your story teller a bit more omniscient than the participants. "Art is telling lies to reveal greater truth."

True Life

We noticed that true stories don't seem to be wanted. A day ago I added my first introduction short story after having an editor tell me it was fine. It still shows PENDING.
I have several more ready to add but hesitate to add them. Besides I have no idea how to continue with the same basic title.

I'm sure there are two or three members who would enjoy reading true erotica without adding lies. We're not here for awards or fantasty.

I have several more ready to add but hesitate to add them. Besides I have no idea how to continue with the same basic title.
If they're a series you can number them like FuckItAll 01, FuckItAll 02, FuckIt All 03, etc. If they're a cycle on a common base you can order them alphanumerically as I did with a work:

The Book of Ruth: Before Ruth
The Book of Ruth: Coming Fast
The Book of Ruth: Doing Ruth Pt. 01
The Book of Ruth: Doing Ruth Pt. 02
The Book of Ruth: Doing Ruth Pt. 03
The Book of Ruth: Eating Out

That's the order in which they're automagically grouped on my Submissions page. Others of my cycles, A Taste of Incest and FotoFun, are similarly subtitled, and more are in the works.

I'll say again: Don't go overboard on truth. Infuse your stories with as much truthiness as necessary but be sure to tell an interesting story. The point of posting on LIT is to more-or-less fuck with readers' heads. Hook'em on frolics and fantasies.

I Ain't Liein'

Thanks Hypoxia, I did just that. Finally story #1 magically appeared. I was just nervous and impatient. Stories #2 thru #6 are pending.:)
I realize the first are just more introductions yet I feel they will help the members understand how we got where we are.
So far I'm stickin with the truth and that's the truth! ;) I'm hoping these true stories fuck with a few young minds and show them life can be fun even while married.:rose:

Planning to write about some insane swapping experiences my wife and I have had in the past 3 years. .would people ne interested in it? Based on the feedback I will decide to embark on this. ..

You should give it a shot..Its more about writing style and how well can you describe the events...write a 2 pager and share it...maybe it goes well...

I sure would love to hear it.

Do not see many Indian writers anyways

Cheers

So far I'm stickin with the truth and that's the truth! ;) I'm hoping these true stories fuck with a few young minds and show them life can be fun even while married.:rose:
Reality is indeed stranger than fiction. But even reality needs to be formatted for ready reading. More than a few of my pieces are (or contain) straight reporting. Many more are based on reality but tweaked for entertainment or merely to outrage readers' expectations. Think of it as docudrama.

Like most people have mentioned, true stories can be good for inspiration. However, basing a story solely on reporting the truth can be a little boring. Generally speaking, you may be incredibly turned on by the true story, but that is because you lived it. Your readers don't have the emotional connection of being there for your event, so unless you can get them to feel your emotion, it will likely fall flat.

Like any good story teller will tell you, interesting stories need to be difficult to believe, but still believable. Embellishing on the truth will make a true story go over a lot better.

Base the story on a real event, but throw in some stuff that could have made the real event better or exaggerate the thing that were good. Basing it on a real event will take care of your plot, but you still need to make the story engaging for the readers.

I have lived in MFM and FMF relationships. I have participated in partner-swapping and orgies and interracial and other interesting sexual encounters. Little of the reality is in itself gripping enough for storytelling. Some reality would not be believed because yes, reality IS weirder than fiction. Much reality must be re-ordered to make sense. It's called Dramatic License.

Human minds like to see stories as a sequence with a start, an account, and an end. We have evolved certain outlines and templates, the three or eight or twenty or fifty basic plots, into which we stuff our storytelling. These structures and patterns help us figure where to go next with a tale, where to throw in dramatic tension, comedic release, hot fucking, tear-jerking tragedy, etc.

Human minds see patterns whether they exist or not. I've read estimates that 60% of the human brain is dedicated to mapping, to putting sensations into contexts. Survival leads us to generate both true and false positives and negatives. Seeing a danger that isn't there is less deadly than not seeing an existing danger, so the false-positive count is high. But we *need* to stick that perception into a pattern, to make sense of it.

So (returning to topic) a true swap story can be plugged into many patterns: happy stroker, tragi-comedy, jealousy, trickery, redemption, long- or short-term or tight or open relationships, with multiracial, same-sex, BDSM, and/or other overtones. The events of the story may be less significant than their context, their pattern.

Start with the truth, embellish. Allow your characters more freedom than you allow yourself. Let them go. let them be bolder. Imagine, "if only".If you merely tell the story, "this happened" then this happened" you will bore everyone yo death. Picasso said "Artists use lies to tell greater truths." Try telling your stories using 3rd person omniscent POV. Examines and reveal histories, motivations, etc. And let your readers, feel, taste, touch smell, etc.

Sorry bout answering twice. I have been sick and have been involved more in trying to
stay healthy(alive) got distracted,

The true life story MAY be entertaining IF the account is exceptional. Some people's lives are exceptional.

IF, when you tell someone "this happened" if they look at you and say "OMG, You've got to be kidding!?" then the subject matter might be thoroughly entertaining, but if their reaction is "yeah, yeah, been there. done that. Got the t-shirt." then as others have said, consider heavy embellishment.

Shock value is what makes something interesting.
If someone walks down the street yelling as loud as they can, all the time, it's hardly noteworthy to say that they yelled during orgasm.
Yet, if someone quietly walks down a street being quite quiet, and they scream during orgasm, that says something interesting.

My point is, giving a real life account is likewise, if it stands out to others, then it might be entertaining enough, but if all it amounts to is "guess what? we had sex today!" The result will likely be a listless"really? wow. that's *yawn* very interesting."

By the way, this probably should have been posted to story ideas not story discussion; one deals with before, the other after.

Last edited:
Sure I would read it. I have read lots of excellent fiction and so so true life. But as others said fiction might be little better if you are not an exceptional story teller.

Look forward to it.

I love true life stories. My absolute favourites. I just can't be arsed with fantasy fiction.

Make sure you include details of how your wife went from, "there's no way I'm going to be doing that!" To " why didn't we start doing this years ago!" That's my favourite bit.

I love true life stories. My absolute favourites. I just can't be arsed with fantasy fiction.

Make sure you include details of how your wife went from, "there's no way I'm going to be doing that!" To " why didn't we start doing this years ago!" That's my favourite bit.

You bumped a 2016 thread for this stroke of genius?

real or made up

I agree with the comments of some here. Real life is usually not the best read. I've been the focus of threesums and it's hard to write from my own perspective and I have no insight to write from the prospective of the men. Maybe a need a 3rd guy to document?

I find true stories boring.
Alas, fiction must follow rules, while reality is not so constrained. I throw many IRL incidents into my stories but some readers find them unbelievable. Yes, my tales may contain straight reporting. And outright lies. Lies are more difficult. Truth can be weirder, but also more tedious if not edited correctly. Be sure to throw out the dull parts. Like, everything before and after the fun parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back