How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAESH/ISIS believe that if they can trigger a major conflict in a particular town in Syria they will bring on the prophecy in the Koran. That battle will start the Muslim equivalent of Armageddon or The Rapture when all TRUE Muslims will go to Heaven and the rest will burn...

Yep, that is exactly why they entered Syria.

They aren't the only ones. Zionist Jews in the West Bank are convinced that they are seeing prophecies fulfilled, and are driven to sustain the Palestinian conflict until the final trump sounds.

http://www.countdown.org/en/entries/news/how-some-israelis-see-sacred-settlements/

This is why evangelicals support Israel so heavily.

Jesus was actually a practicing Jew and preached to jews to not turn away from Judaism. It was only years after his death that he became a "christian" because his followers, in part, didn't want to be slaughtered with the rest of the jews when Jerusalem was destroyed. And they were trying to attract gentiles to the religion because Jesus didn't fulfill his promises, he was executed like all the other messiah's.

Also, the whole thing about the jews crying for his crucifixion is BS. Pilate didn't give a shit about what the jews wanted, he was brutal to them and was actually removed by Rome as governor for being too brutal.

Many claimed to be messiah's, or were called messiah. They all failed to deliver Jews from Roman rule, both before and after Jesus. So yeah, technically they weren't messiah's.

Way, WAY off base.

Jesus never became a "Christian." Both he and the original 12 disciples remained practicing Jews until their deaths. The apostle Paul was also a Jew, but like many orthodox Jews persecuted the early followers of Christ.

A significant feature of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus (probably no later than 36 AD) was his belief that salvation based on the belief in the resurrection of Jesus was available to the Gentiles as well. That universality of Christ's mission, if true even though Jesus had preached to Jews almost exclusively, implied an irrelevance to Jewish laws and the rite of circumcision if Gentiles did not wish to adopt them, which many did not.

The point here is that Paul's belief in inclusion of the Gentiles into the early body of believers preceded the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD by over three decades and had not one thing to do with a fear of a later Roman assault.

The same is true of the Council of Jerusalem (50 or 51 AD) at which the Apostles Peter, James and John agreed to accept Paul's ministry to the Gentiles. The Great Revolt of Jews against Roman oppression did not occur until 66 AD which would lead to the sacking of Jerusalem.

While it is reasonable to assume that some Gentile Christians might not have been part of that revolt and sought to distinguish themselves from Jewish participants and thus escape the wrath of Rome, it is beyond specious to suggest that sought after leniency from Rome was a motivating recruiting "tool" to spread the Christian faith.

That simply isn't true.

Jesus was actually a practicing Jew and preached to jews to not turn away from Judaism. It was only years after his death that he became a "christian" because his followers, in part, didn't want to be slaughtered with the rest of the jews when Jerusalem was destroyed. And they were trying to attract gentiles to the religion because Jesus didn't fulfill his promises, he was executed like all the other messiah's.

Also, the whole thing about the jews crying for his crucifixion is BS. Pilate didn't give a shit about what the jews wanted, he was brutal to them and was actually removed by Rome as governor for being too brutal.

Many claimed to be messiah's, or were called messiah. They all failed to deliver Jews from Roman rule, both before and after Jesus. So yeah, technically they weren't messiah's.

I agree the Jews weren't calling for his crucifixion, the Romans got rid of him like every other trouble maker. Jesus was just one of 50 would be Messiahs at the time.

The Jews did not expect a Messiah to deliver them from Roman rule. Moses delivered them from slavery in Egypt and no one though he was the Messiah.

You could shoot off relatives?

I suppose we could have but that might have upset the cows, they were bad enough about the fireworks.

Way, WAY off base.

Jesus never became a "Christian." Both he and the original 12 disciples remained practicing Jews until their deaths. The apostle Paul was also a Jew, but like many orthodox Jews persecuted the early followers of Christ.

A significant feature of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus (probably no later than 36 AD) was his belief that salvation based on the belief in the resurrection of Jesus was available to the Gentiles as well. That universality of Christ's mission, if true even though Jesus had preached to Jews almost exclusively, implied an irrelevance to Jewish laws and the rite of circumcision if Gentiles did not wish to adopt them, which many did not.

The point here is that Paul's belief in inclusion of the Gentiles into the early body of believers preceded the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD by over three decades and had not one thing to do with a fear of a later Roman assault.

The same is true of the Council of Jerusalem (50 or 51 AD) at which the Apostles Peter, James and John agreed to accept Paul's ministry to the Gentiles. The Great Revolt of Jews against Roman oppression did not occur until 66 AD which would lead to the sacking of Jerusalem.

While it is reasonable to assume that some Gentile Christians might not have been part of that revolt and sought to distinguish themselves from Jewish participants and thus escape the wrath of Rome, it is beyond specious to suggest that sought after leniency from Rome was a motivating recruiting "tool" to spread the Christian faith.

That simply isn't true.

I agree Jesus never was a Christian because he was Christ and following his teachings after his death was what made a person a Christian.

Romans were also happily throwing Christians to the lions so I doubt very much anyone became Christian to escape such a fate. Much of early Christianity was practiced in secret anyway.

Go stick your hand in your stove and see if you can party. Now imagine that pain all over your body and try to party in the pitch dark, naked, no air to breath yet feeling as though you are suffocating, scared and hopless to get out with demonic creatures ripping you apart and maggots eating you and crawling all over you. That's hell.

No, that's Barnsley.

1. Love Jesus
2. Be good
3. Be sorry for your sins and try not to sin.
4. Go to heaven

I hope I see all of you there someday! :)

1. Admire Jesus
2. Be good
3. Be sorry for your sins and try not to sin.
4. Die and eventually return to being the stardust we are all made from.

'bout best get outta me.

I agree Jesus never was a Christian because he was Christ and following his teachings after his death was what made a person a Christian.

Romans were also happily throwing Christians to the lions so I doubt very much anyone became Christian to escape such a fate. Much of early Christianity was practiced in secret anyway.

What I should have said was that Jesus never in any way repudiated Judaism in favor of an overtly broader ministry, nor did he ever discourage the teaching or expectation of a politically conquering Messiah. Just two reasons why the notion of the application and beneficiaries of his teachings to Gentiles was not without controversy.

Great point on the Romans and the lions and the secrecy of the early church in Rome.

Okay listen up boys and girls. This crap is true.

About seven years ago I died in ER of heart failure in a famous Florida hospital. All of the beepers and bright lights stopped doing their things.The cold ER room felt warm and the noises turned to silence. Then I saw the light. Yea I did. To me it was very bright and sort of looked like an early sunset. Coulda been those ER overhead lights or even a flashlight in my eyes. Or perhaps Heaven!
In a short time the light was gone, the room got cold, and the sounds returned. Doctors and nurses called my name and told me I'd left for awhile.

So it appears I died for a short time. All reports after that showed my heart was barely beating. In fact they had to get a pulse near my right testicle. After many tests reports showed my heart rate increased daily. Yet I would need a pacemaker and would most likely live only a short time.
I'm alive and still have no pacemaker. My heart rate is normal and as strong as ever.

This past Fathers Day weekend I returned to ER with heart failure again. I'd stopped taking my meds because of insurance screw ups and filled with fluids which pressed on my heart and lungs. Not a good thing! This time they saved me before it got too bad. This is why we just moved back with family and friends in the midwest.

My wife has been pronounced dead three different times. She is in better health than I am.

We cuss, we drink, we fuck others and do many sinful things. Yet we are alive and someone is keeping us that way.
Yes we do believe in angels. We also believe we were created by Aliens and the angels are Aliens watching over us.

All of the variations of the Bible have been written by lonely old men hiding in caves and old buildings with nothing to do but masturbate and make up shit.
If there is a God he knows what we are doing and I'm sure he's enjoying the show.

We were in the Garden of Eden on a roof top on Duval Street Key West. We visited Jesus at an amusement park in Orlando. We went to church until they told us we owe them money. When we die we'll return to the earth like everything else.

Way, WAY off base.

That simply isn't true.
What you bolded was poorly worded. I didn't mean Jesus became a Christian, hence the quotes. I even said he preached to Jews.

I was in a hurry to get to work and not sure what I meant by "And they were trying to attract gentiles to the religion because Jesus didn't fulfill his promises"" LOL
I think I meant that after his crucifixion most jews rejected him as another failed messiah, which he was, so they changed the message to appeal more to gentiles. The jews weren't interested.

The message of jesus was changed though, by his followers. People were still being crucified for treason and continuing what Jesus was actually preaching when alive, and what his brother James continued to preach, would likely have gotten them arrested like jesus and other traitors were.

Hitchhiking may get you there.

tumblr_mexe84Q5nJ1s0rwfxo1_250.gif

My daughters father has been dead four times. I don't care, never cared, alway's hoped he would kick the bucket. At this point it makes zero difference to anyone but her. He and I get along.

I know you're not actually dead when they are trying to jumpstart your heart after an attack but I never saw any bright lights or anything while I was being zapped repeatedly back to the world.

Okay listen up boys and girls. This crap is true.

About seven years ago I died in ER of heart failure in a famous Florida hospital. All of the beepers and bright lights stopped doing their things.The cold ER room felt warm and the noises turned to silence. Then I saw the light. Yea I did. To me it was very bright and sort of looked like an early sunset. Coulda been those ER overhead lights or even a flashlight in my eyes. Or perhaps Heaven!
In a short time the light was gone, the room got cold, and the sounds returned. Doctors and nurses called my name and told me I'd left for awhile.

So it appears I died for a short time. All reports after that showed my heart was barely beating. In fact they had to get a pulse near my right testicle. After many tests reports showed my heart rate increased daily. Yet I would need a pacemaker and would most likely live only a short time.
I'm alive and still have no pacemaker. My heart rate is normal and as strong as ever.

This past Fathers Day weekend I returned to ER with heart failure again. I'd stopped taking my meds because of insurance screw ups and filled with fluids which pressed on my heart and lungs. Not a good thing! This time they saved me before it got too bad. This is why we just moved back with family and friends in the midwest.

My wife has been pronounced dead three different times. She is in better health than I am.

We cuss, we drink, we fuck others and do many sinful things. Yet we are alive and someone is keeping us that way.
Yes we do believe in angels. We also believe we were created by Aliens and the angels are Aliens watching over us.

All of the variations of the Bible have been written by lonely old men hiding in caves and old buildings with nothing to do but masturbate and make up shit.
If there is a God he knows what we are doing and I'm sure he's enjoying the show.

We were in the Garden of Eden on a roof top on Duval Street Key West. We visited Jesus at an amusement park in Orlando. We went to church until they told us we owe them money. When we die we'll return to the earth like everything else.

When I had my heart attack I was clinically dead for almost a minute.

No lights, no dead relatives, no Jesus.

One minute I was looking into a bedpan, puking. The next minute I was looking up at the ceiling. In between, nothing.

Just to be sure everyone understands, most of the books of the bible were written by unknown authors, usually at times much later than they purport to be (sort of like writing a historical novel with the narrator acting as if she/he were writing at the time of the story).

For instance, the Catholic Church finally admitted that the Book of Daniel was written by an "Inspired Author" around the year 164 BCE, thoiugh it purports to relate mostly first person narrative of Daniel himself (if there ever was a Daniel), as if writing like a diary during the time of Nebuchadnezzar, and the Regency of Balshazzar who is said to be the final king of Babylon, and also writing into the time of the Persian conquest of Babylon by Darius (which is an error that further helps to give away the that the book is phony. See "The Catholic Family Connections Bible, 2010).

As for the New Testament, very few books are attributed to Paul (a little over half of them) by scholarly research (for which people were burned at the stake for even whispering such). More, the Letter to the Romans, though itemized as if the first of Paul's letters in the New Testament is thought to have been one of the last of Paul's letters. But, the Catholic Church had it as first, so all other churches followed suit. Kind of like most all of the Christian churches are children or step-children of the Catholic Church (save in some of the "rituals").

Yes, even the gospels were written by other than Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, thus the many discrepancies between the two. BTW, the Catholic Church has finally admitted to this, though apparently quietly (as usual). Even the book of Acts is a fake, again, seen by the many errors and discrepancies.

Was there really a Jesus? Most likely, yes. Did he say all that he is purported to say? No way. The words were put in his mouth by people who most likely never knew him, and the editors who had final say as to what is in the bible, but now they're stuck with it as the world has changed like they never thought it would.

Happy reading and hunting, if you're really interested in the truth of the lies. Don't believe me, just believe what's in the bible, but not just the little tidbits that are preached. There's a lot more in it than they let on, or even know of.

Peace

w

Just to be sure everyone understands, most of the books of the bible were written by unknown authors, usually at times much later than they purport to be (sort of like writing a historical novel with the narrator acting as if she/he were writing at the time of the story).

For instance, the Catholic Church finally admitted that the Book of Daniel was written by an "Inspired Author" around the year 164 BCE, thoiugh it purports to relate mostly first person narrative of Daniel himself (if there ever was a Daniel), as if writing like a diary during the time of Nebuchadnezzar, and the Regency of Balshazzar who is said to be the final king of Babylon, and also writing into the time of the Persian conquest of Babylon by Darius (which is an error that further helps to give away the that the book is phony. See "The Catholic Family Connections Bible, 2010).

As for the New Testament, very few books are attributed to Paul (a little over half of them) by scholarly research (for which people were burned at the stake for even whispering such). More, the Letter to the Romans, though itemized as if the first of Paul's letters in the New Testament is thought to have been one of the last of Paul's letters. But, the Catholic Church had it as first, so all other churches followed suit. Kind of like most all of the Christian churches are children or step-children of the Catholic Church (save in some of the "rituals").

Yes, even the gospels were written by other than Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, thus the many discrepancies between the two. BTW, the Catholic Church has finally admitted to this, though apparently quietly (as usual). Even the book of Acts is a fake, again, seen by the many errors and discrepancies.

Was there really a Jesus? Most likely, yes. Did he say all that he is purported to say? No way. The words were put in his mouth by people who most likely never knew him, and the editors who had final say as to what is in the bible, but now they're stuck with it as the world has changed like they never thought it would.

Happy reading and hunting, if you're really interested in the truth of the lies. Don't believe me, just believe what's in the bible, but not just the little tidbits that are preached. There's a lot more in it than they let on, or even know of.

Peace

w

Leave me out of your fantasy/sci-fi/fiction/buttrape/incest bullshit stories.

Go stick your hand in your stove and see if you can party. Now imagine that pain all over your body and try to party in the pitch dark, naked, no air to breath yet feeling as though you are suffocating, scared and hopless to get out with demonic creatures ripping you apart and maggots eating you and crawling all over you. That's hell.

Ahhh, you're one of those fire and brimstone types. Fear-mongering doesn't typically work in bringing people to Christ - it's why most churches have switched to that "feel good" approach.

What you bolded was poorly worded. I didn't mean Jesus became a Christian, hence the quotes. I even said he preached to Jews.

I was in a hurry to get to work and not sure what I meant by "And they were trying to attract gentiles to the religion because Jesus didn't fulfill his promises"" LOL
I think I meant that after his crucifixion most jews rejected him as another failed messiah, which he was, so they changed the message to appeal more to gentiles. The jews weren't interested.

The message of jesus was changed though, by his followers. People were still being crucified for treason and continuing what Jesus was actually preaching when alive, and what his brother James continued to preach, would likely have gotten them arrested like jesus and other traitors were.

Okay. I hear ya. In fact, while responding to your post I was almost late for an appointment myself. ;)

But I still must correct you about early Christians "changing the message to appeal to more Gentiles." The only changing of message was the realization by the 12 apostles in Jerusalem that Jesus was a Messiah far different than their traditional Jewish upbringing had led them to believe. Their constant travelings with and teachings from Jesus and witnessing of miracles, including not incidentally his resurrection, led them to this theological reexamination. But the 12 apostles remained focused primarily on their Jewish brethren in and around Jerusalem.

Paul's missionary journeys throughout Greece and the Mediterranean were focused on Gentiles, but the "change in message" represented by Christianity when contrasted with Old Testament Judaism was simply the result of who and what Jesus of Nazareth was ultimately thought to be! It was not somehow concocted to appeal to a larger audience.

In fact, I'm not certain you mean to imply that, but I just wanted to point it out.

Ahhh, you're one of those fire and brimstone types. Fear-mongering doesn't typically work in bringing people to Christ - it's why most churches have switched to that "feel good" approach.

You cannot jump from the brimstone. The situation is hopless.

You cannot jump from the brimstone. The situation is hopless.

You better watch it - according Jonathon Edwards' Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, He can drop you into the fires of hell at any time.

Can you believe that was actually required reading for me in school? Fucking Indiana....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back