Adoption

sethp

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Posts
12,834
Before you laugh and yes I know this thread will be trolled to the max, but I'm sure I'll get one or two serious replies.

Where do you start when you want to adapt? What website or organization is legit?
 
Well when you fill out the paperwork spell Adopt correctly. (end of troll)

Do a google search on Adoption Agencies. It can be expensive. And will probably take a long time. But that's everyone wanting the child to go to a good home and good people there to take care of.

If you doubt an agency isn't on the up and up, contact the State Attorney's office or Child or Children Services Agency or Department. Each state calls it something different so look it up on the states website.
 
Last edited:
I was adopted through Buckner.

Just had a birthday and asked Dad if he kept the receipt.

But, seriously, if you want to know A place to start, just make sure you use the .org

Another alternative is your local chapter of "Child Protective Services". They're overworked, underpaid, and more jaded than any cop I ever met, but the ones worth a fart in a space suit can at least get you pointed somewhere to begin. (And probably hand you a shitload of stuff about "Fostering" besides if you don't set off their creep meter)

Edit; Oh, and at the risk of setting off a whole shit ton of jokes, the Catholic church has a long history of being associated with needy children. (shrug)
 
Last edited:
I suggest that you start with a family lawyer with an actual law degree and state license to practice posted on their wall.
 
In the UK there are several agencies that could advise people wanting to adopt. The criteria for potential parents of an adoptee can be very restrictive in terms of parental ages, health, household income, existing children etc.

It is slightly easier to meet the criteria for adopting if you have experience of fostering children (for which you also have to pass several suitability tests) and are willing to consider a handicapped or severely disturbed child.

Those wanting to adopt a healthy baby that has no medical problems are likely to be disappointed unless they are already a mixed race family that has/is successfully rearing mixed race children.

IF you want to adopt - here - it is better to find out about the criteria and the rules agencies will use BEFORE approaching them directly. It can be like a credit check - asking about your suitability can be an adverse mark against you.
 
Denny

I suggest that you start with a family lawyer with an actual law degree and state license to practice posted on their wall.
Yes, a lawyer specializing in adoption........... Maybe even adaption because after you adopt you'll need to adapt. Raising kids is not as easy as it looks on TV.

We adopted our first grandson because our son's dingbat wife didn't want him. For us it began as TEMPORARY FOSTER PARENTS. After 18 months of temporary parenting the Child Protective Services, DCFS, knocked on our door and told us to have the child's basic clothing and toys ready because in the morning they will take him to be adopted. Yea, those, caring, educated, adult unmarried leaders of society who forced us to take a child raising class even though we'd already raised three kids of our own.

I immediately contacted my union...... yes UNION, and discovered a group of adoption lawyers. We met two of them that evening and were told do not give up your grandson. You can adopt him because he is a blood relative and you've been raising him. Next morning I didn't go to work. We argued with those caring DCFS peeople who threatened to call the law to make us give up our own grandson.

In days we went to court and became his parents. We even changed his first and middle name.

Fast forward a whole lot. We retired to Florida with our nearly five year old son. He grew up, fucked a whore on drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. Neither had a job or knew how to raise a child. That baby girl went to the Florida protective services.

Our oldest son and wife could not have children and wanted that baby girl. This part got expensive and complicated. Now we were dealing with two differnet states. With a good Florida lawyer, our son and wife from Illinois were able to adopt.

So our first grandson became son number three for us.
Our adopted son's baby became our first son's daughter.

Anything is possible. You just have to be patient, have money to burn, and hope for the best.
As much as States want kids adopted they like to fuck with people. It's easier to adopt a baby from another country and cheaper than to cross a state line.
 
Thanks guys.

Money and time isn't an issue. Just need a good place to start!
 
When my first spouse and I placed our daughter for adoption (because we knew we were shitty, unfit parents) in 1980 in San Francisco, everything was handled by the city/county social services agency. Legalities might have changed since then. We've all since become close and my partner and I are happy grandparents.

We've met US adoptors and Guatemalan adoptees since then. Those adopted young seem to adapt well. I don't know how later adoptions fare. Reports surely exist.
 
~snip~
Those adopted young seem to adapt well. I don't know how later adoptions fare. Reports surely exist.

I was an at birth adoption and I think I turned out all right. Except for my penchant for hanging out on erotica sites and puking up awful attempts at story telling to inflict on unsuspecting readers.

However, I know just about enough about it to be really, really dangerous.

Anyway, I could ramble on, but it would be more efficient to get it from the horse's mouth instead of the ass. So, anyone interested researching that sort of stuff can look up Jean Piaget "stages of development" and work out from there. :cool:
 
Back
Top