Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To... > HT Cafe

Old 06-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #76
La damnee elle la licorne
🦄

Quote:
Originally Posted by glBock View Post
I am writing this to thank a few people here, who left sensible comments for me. PurpleRose, for instance, or Kim in post #67

When I started this thread, more than three months ago, my aim was to comment on how I perceived Lit at the time, on a board I understood was not meant for "personals" ads. What I wrote was not a "search" post, but some serious remarks about how I saw Lit at that time.

Where I grew up and went to school, it was not commonly accepted, to shoot messengers, who carried unpleasant news or posed uncomfortable questions. And I had not expected this to happen here. In my post, I voiced some observations about Lit, which I found disturbing. Had hoped that one or two people might take me up on my observations, and discuss them with me, not try to crucify me for my supposedly "bad character".

But "character bashing" seems to have taken on great popularity here. Perhaps that was the reason why I "shot back" and delivered some comments as well, which attacked in one way or the other a commenter or two.

By now I fully realized that Lit is not a site where sensible discussions flow easily, so I have abstained from such threads. But despite the fact that I'd rather not get to know most female Litsers, every once in a while I receive an appealing PM, or a woman I find likeable replies to my PM. And such few mailings are quite OK with me.

I really don't need advice from y'all on how I should do things better. Not the "sneering" type, but not well-meaning advice either. I am doing just fine, and perhaps we could end my thread right now.

There is a pile of post at your door. Thankfully I think those delivering mail escaped unscathed.

We get what we bring often. And I am lucky to have had great behind the scenes conversations ( Platonic) on variety of subjects stemming from threads or posts, and a few great threads as well. . Is there other , of course! Even in a diamond mine there is a lot of rock I guess! Another pause for thought; I don't bring my whole real life in here. I am not seeking to appeal to anyone, rather to be a 'me' unburdened by some of expectation. This has yielded some beautiful friendships.

You seem to excuse your arrogance as a badge of honour, something acquired as a right due to you because of your self perception. arrogance is trait which is not a necessary bedfellow with intelligence. It's quite possible simply to be intelligent, or arrogant.

The way of the heart is the way of courage. It is to live in insecurity; it is to live in love, and trust; it is to move in the unknown. It is leaving the past and allowing the future to be.........The heart is non-calculating. Osho

Permission to quote, share or distribute any pictures posted or used as avatars is expressly withheld and rights to images retained by Elle and G.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #77
light_shiva
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I admit that arrogance is perhaps not the nicest feeling towards women, who only know how to post pictures, and write a hundred posts no longer than 5 words each.

I ought to pity them instead, I know. Because their mothers have not taught them any better approaches towards aiming for attention.
Than why the hell did you PM me?

Old 06-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #78
glBock
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shiva View Post
Than why the hell did you PM me?
when I PMed you, Shiva, you sounded more interesting than afterwards. I take it you are trying to tell me now that your long silence between our last 2 PMs means, you are no longer interested either, in continuing.

Really polite people express something like that in a friendy private mail

Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #79
glBock
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by La damnee elle la licorne View Post
There is a pile of post at your door. Thankfully I think those delivering mail escaped unscathed.

We get what we bring often. And I am lucky to have had great behind the scenes conversations ( Platonic) on variety of subjects stemming from threads or posts, and a few great threads as well. . Is there other , of course! Even in a diamond mine there is a lot of rock I guess! Another pause for thought; I don't bring my whole real life in here. I am not seeking to appeal to anyone, rather to be a 'me' unburdened by some of expectation. This has yielded some beautiful friendships.

You seem to excuse your arrogance as a badge of honour, something acquired as a right due to you because of your self perception. arrogance is trait which is not a necessary bedfellow with intelligence. It's quite possible simply to be intelligent, or arrogant.
it seems that some people just cannot quit character bashing.

If it makes you happy, pls feel free to continue. Or to dispense further unsolicited advice. Just don't Count on further replies from me.

But if you are lucky, some other Litster will come to your rescue. and you can have a never-ending conversation about what terrible people come here, from across the Atlantic.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #80
jburton042
Experienced

Quote:
Where I grew up and went to school, it was not commonly accepted, to shoot messengers, who carried unpleasant news or posed uncomfortable questions.
Imagine a messenger bursting into a throne room and announcing, "My lord, the peasants have taken up arms! They are about to breach the main gate!"

Now imagine if that same news was delivered as, "My lord, your idiotic taxes and abusive nature have caused the peasants to revolt! The main gate would have held them back, but you spent too much gold on lavish banquets rather than keeping them maintained. Basically, what I'm getting at here, is that it's all your fault. See ya on the other side!"

I'm pretty sure that second message style would provoke some shooting.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #81
light_shiva
Literotica Guru

Quote:
when I PMed you, Shiva, you sounded more interesting than afterwards. I take it you are trying to tell me now that your long silence between our last 2 PMs means, you are no longer interested either, in continuing.

Really polite people express something like that in a friendy private mail
I was going to reply to your message, but someone kindly tipped me in the direction of this thread. Glad I didn't.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #82
glBock
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shiva View Post
I was going to reply to your message, but someone kindly tipped me in the direction of this thread. Glad I didn't.
That's a happy coincidence, Shiva. If your response time to my mails is 8 or more days, It's just as well that we two do not correspond with each other

Old 06-23-2017, 05:14 AM   #83
Rainshine
Selectively Slutty

Quote:
That's a happy coincidence, Shiva. If your response time to my mails is 8 or more days, It's just as well that we two do not correspond with each other
You're clearly very unhappy with both the place and the women in it. Frankly it's surprising that you created one personals ad let alone five. Should we expect a sixth or will you finally realise that Lit is not AshleyMadison for misognists.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #84
glBock
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
You're clearly very unhappy with both the place and the women in it. Frankly it's surprising that you created one personals ad let alone five. Should we expect a sixth or will you finally realise that Lit is not AshleyMadison for misognists.
Rainshine, it really touches my heart that YOU (and perhaps other litsters also) are eagerly awaiting my next personals ad. I will consider one, to allow you and the rest of the pack to take it apart and gloat over what you can find wrong in it.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #85
Rainshine
Selectively Slutty

Quote:
Rainshine, it really touches my heart that YOU (and perhaps other litsters also) are eagerly awaiting my next personals ad. I will consider one, to allow you and the rest of the pack to take it apart and gloat over what you can find wrong in it.
It's a sensible observation that raises a genuine question - clearly lit is not delivering what you require of a woman or meeting your expectations/needs, so why persist if you're so deeply unhappy with it all...

Old 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #86
BabblingBrooke
Proud Ally

Any woman I know would scan a man's posts here before engaging in private conversation with him. Out of curiosity after reading the OP's had five personal ads here since joining this year, I decided to see give them a read. Predictably, four of them have either no responses at all or contain only bumps from the OP. In the fifth, the OP begins condemning women for not meeting his standards. He got what he wanted: replies. He also received some good advice, but he clearly is above following it. I'm wondering if his game here is to neg women to invite responses because any interaction is better than no interaction, much like a child who is acting out.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #87
light_shiva
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabblingBrooke View Post
Any woman I know would scan a man's posts here before engaging in private conversation with him. Out of curiosity after reading the OP's had five personal ads here since joining this year, I decided to see give them a read. Predictably, four of them have either no responses at all or contain only bumps from the OP. In the fifth, the OP begins condemning women for not meeting his standards. He got what he wanted: replies. He also received some good advice, but he clearly is above following it. I'm wondering if his game here is to neg women to invite responses because any interaction is better than no interaction, much like a child who is acting out.
I think you hit the nail right on the head with your suspicion.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #88
glBock
Really Experienced

Brooke, Shiva, and Rainshine, I am really glad that I am able to entertain the three of you with speculations on my faulty character. After your chatter on that subject dies down eventually, be sure to let me know when you feel bored again in the future.

I am virtually certain that I'll be able to revive your angry comments again, with something else I state here on Lit,

Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #89
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

Is it orgy time yet?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #90
BabblingBrooke
Proud Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
Is it orgy time yet?
Hmmm...possibly. Maybe in an office setting?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #91
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

Quote:
Performance review season?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #92
light_shiva
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Is it orgy time yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Performance review season?
Can I be lovable but daft boss? I promise I won't fire anyone.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #93
silverwhisper
just this guy, you know?

for the love of all that is decent and amusing in the 'verse, will nobody sticky this thread?! it's a terrific example of the dunning-kruger effect, FFS.

ed

exemplar of youthful snark: "does it hurt little boy? are you going to cry now? well suck it up and be a man."

psst! hey, wanna see a blog?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #94
Eilan
Daddy's Fuckdoll

I this thread so very much.