"Duck Dynasty" star banned from show for anti-gay comments

RoryN

You're screwed.
Phil Robertson was banned from his hit show today for this:

"Everything is blurred in what's right and wrong....Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

It's all a clownshow. The supposed hillbillies making the remarks are hyper-self-aware human brands who could go toe-to-toe with any coastal media elite hipsters in the fields of marketing and related.

Some might say "so what"? Our guys take on their guys and may the best man win.

But those who understand the critical position of Andy Warhol and his epigones in Western culture know that a world in which duck dynasty beardoes and human memes are jockeying for tweeter position is a world in which the gays have already won.

Exhibit A of "western" countries doing the exact same thing in reverse that they accuse Russia of.

It's all a clownshow. The supposed hillbillies making the remarks are hyper-self-aware human brands who could go toe-to-toe with any coastal media elite hipsters in the fields of marketing and related.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

It is amazing how easily so many Americans have digested reality TV as if it's actually reality.

Exhibit A of "western" countries doing the exact same thing in reverse that they accuse Russia of.

If A&E had banned an atheist from the show for speaking poorly about Christians, you would have already made 3 threads praising the hell out of the producers.

Stone-cold truth, weak little man. :cool:

Freedom of speech my ass.

It's a television show.

You know how those work...right?

Freedom of speech my ass.

He has freedom of speech. He got smacked down for exercising it. Such is life.

Yes, people watch them or they don't.

Fools make mountains out or molehills.

Yep. And they don't watch shows with people who offend them because they don't like to contribute to their wealth in this case A&E chose to get out in front of this as is often the case.

Daffy Duck, says it all. Where does Elmer Fudd stand in all this ?

I love who people are coming to his defense, saying he has the right to exercise his right to free speech. However, those same people fail to realize that free speech does not absolve you from consequences. Was he fired from Duck Commander? No. He was removed from a television show by a network with whom he signed a contract, and I am sure there was language against using inflammatory rhetoric.

He hasn't been thrown in jail for what he said, he's only had to face the business and social consequences. So the "freedom of speech" lamentation really doesn't apply here.

He hasn't been thrown in jail for what he said, he's only had to face the business and social consequences. So the "freedom of speech" lamentation really doesn't apply here.

Yep. Just like the network has the right to dismiss him. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

I love who people are coming to his defense, saying he has the right to exercise his right to free speech. However, those same people fail to realize that free speech does not absolve you from consequences. Was he fired from Duck Commander? No. He was removed from a television show by a network with whom he signed a contract, and I am sure there was language against using inflammatory rhetoric.

Yep. Just like the network has the right to dismiss him. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

It's a common and baffling error consistently made by the dumber element of the right fringe. Somewhere between not finishing high school, going to a poor high school, or just being stupid, they've permanently translated freedom of speech as freedom from all consequences associated with someone saying something moronic.

It provides endless entertainment.

viewership will undoubtedly double, bringing the shows message to an even larger audience. yep. that'll show 'em.

I don't what's worse on Twitter: The sadness and shock of Brian the dog being killed on "Family Guy" or Phil's dismissal from "Duck Dynasty".

Back