Partner's - The Affair (closed)

"Let's get that coffee inside, I know how pissed you're the motto on the squad cars , to protect and serve is a joke, and it seems too many cops are only serving their own self interests and protecting their own asses, but count your blessings because of you no one died today. If DeAngalo or MacArthur from team two or three would have handled this call you think those boys​ would still be alive?"

Neil slid out of the truck and walked around opening the door for Jessie her hands laden with the firmsy white cardboard tray of coffee.

"In my book you're a hero, and watch your step, the city hasn't fixed any of these potholes."
 
Nodding she slipped from the truck and smiled walking into the station.

Coffee!!!!

Sarge charges over collecting his and hers as she set the tray on the conference table. Then taking her coffee from Sarge and sat down.

Let's get this briefing over.

Sarge looked around the table smiling.

No shots fired! Negotiations successful and... An added feather in the teams hat. The commissioner has ordered an IA investigation into the precinct in the area. Apparently someone put the fear of God in the gangland team commander and he personally put the request before the commissioner with all recorded transcript of the negotiations.
 
Neil slowly sipped his coffee nonchalantly until he cut his eyes toward Jessie as Sarge announced there was going to be an investigation. How in the hell did she manage setting that in motion so quickly. However, it happened thank God, Neil thought as he bowed his head.

Sarge rose from his chair and tapped the papers against the table, “Well, ladies and gentlemen you still have two hours on your shift, and the city doesn’t pay for for gold bricking, here’s warrants and subpoenas that won’t serve themselves. Jess you team with Neil, take the 100-800 block of the avenues, Tom and Fred you take, everything north of the airport, Eve and Joe you take the south-side. And be careful out there.
 
Mike and Mark look over the others.

Isn't this normally standard officer work? Or are they too scared and want negotiators and snipers to handle it.

Jessie laughed a little at that shaking her head.

Guys specialists or not we are cops just like them and we have team two helping us.
 
Sarge once again looked around the room a thin smile on his lips grateful for Jessie's back-up, “OK, team come up here grab a stack of papers, the ladies right, so get off your asses and get out there. Now!”

Within minutes the screech of chairs and the shuffle of feet fades the only thing remaining was a mound empty Styrofoam cups piled high in the waste basket beside the exit door.

As Neil opened the door to the outside he squinted his ice blue eyes the afternoon sky was a brilliant blue a slight breeze swirling the leaves on the parking lot in tight circles, as he placed his hand on the door handle of the undercover vehicle , the papers gripped tightly in has free hand, he looks across the roof of the gray Toyota Tacoma, toward his partner, Jessie’s dark hair dancing in the breeze, his own shaved head shining like a beacon.

“Did you have anything to do with the Commissioner quick action on the IA? Inquiring minds want to know.”
 
Hey all I told Steve the gangland team leader on site was I wanted this to go straight to the commissioner. Can I help it if they actually listened. Steve grew up in that neighborhood.

She shrugged.
 
Climbing aboard the short bed truck Neil laid the papers in the console between them, “Hopeful something will get done. Either way I’m impressed however, you did it, and I hope you always use your powers for good superwoman”, chuckling at his own lame joke and he put on a pair of gold tinted mirrored sunglasses as he clanked up the engine. Joking aside he was totally impressed by Jessie’s ability to connect with the right people to get things done along her her obvious other assets.

Glancing her way while pulling out of the parking lot, his thoughts turned to words, “Why don’t you look over the paperwork and see who we need to visit.”

Hoping the shades hide his wondering eyes, he savored the way her nipples were pressing hard against her shirt, looking like pencil erasers attempting to poke through the maroon cotton tee. It took every once of willpower he had to turn his eyes away and concentrate on the road.

A glimmer of the smile appeared on his lips, as he thought about the upcoming weekend and how much he wanted to do a little connecting with Jessie himself and before he knew it they were quickly approaching their assigned area.

“So which way do I go and who have you decided needs your company today?”
 
Jessie looked over them and sighed recognizing the first name on the pile.

V. Denton 205 apartment 12.

Only after giving him the name did she let herself look at the rest of it. Okay not too bad failure to appear on a traffic c violation court date.

Apparently Vance the boy we helped talk his dad down when the insurance company screwed them over on his mom's death. Failure to appear on traffic violation court.

The kids life had been rough especially after his mom's death. Her first instinct was to rip this up but she didn't.
 
Neil eyebrows knitted together and his jaw tightened as he remembered the situation and pulled behind the row of apartment buildings. Eying the addresses 200, 201, 202,...205 as he slowly cruised to a halt.

“Let’s go together and since you’ve already had connect with this kid you knock on the door, I’ll be by your side all the way.”, patting his service revolver as he stepped from the truck.

He expected he wouldn’t need it, often just the sight of a 45 strapped to his hip staved off trouble before it started. He person they were about to serve with a warrant seemed like a good kid, but they had come to take him to jail, so anything could happen.
 
She nodded walking to the door. The father answered and nodded to them.

They finally find him? Where I need to go id body?

Jessie was stunned by the words.

Javier what's going on?

He motioned for them to come in and have a seat.

I was about to remarry... She and Vance no get along. Vance good boy you know this. I break off engagement she do things get him in trouble... Vanish with car court day. He... He vanish...not hear from him for weeks now.
 
"Mr. Denton exactly on what date did your son disappear?"

The middle aged man combed his fingers through his hair, " April 7th"

"Did he leave any kind of note or give any indication of where he may have gone?"

"No he not say nothing"

Jotting down everything in a small notebook Neil continued probing, "What about the woman you are going to marry how can we get in touch with her, we need to ask her a few questions"

"I not know where she is, I've called and called her but she not answer the phone and her car hasn't been in her driveway for weeks"

Neil quit writing and asks one more question, "Mr. Denton do you have any recent photograhs of your son and girlfriend?"

"Yes in my bedroom I'll get them."

"Ok Mr. Denton and while you are getting those photos which is Vincent's room we'd like to look around if that's OK"

Sure, sure first room on the left down the hall"

As soon as the father disappears Neil closes in and whispers, "What the fuck is going here Jess?"
 
Last edited:
For Vance to take off on his dad whoever the ex girlfriend is had to be a serious bitch. Vance is a good kid. He helped us translate for his father. He had turned it around in school even took your advice and was playing basketball for school.

She shook her head as they opened the door to his room.

This doesn't make sense. Hell even his room.is spotless for a high-school student.

She radioed the Sarge and filled him in on what was going on. He agreed to get the ba rolling to look into it and see if anyone filed missing persons. He understood why Javier would be reluctant to do so on his own.
 
Exiting Vance’s room Jess and Niel almost ran into Javier, “Oh Mr. Denton sorry, do you have those photos?”

“Yes, officer right here”, handing the glossy pints to Jess.

“We’ll get these back to you as soon as possible, one more thing, do you have the names of any of Vance’s friends or teammate? And any of your fiancee’s relatives, friends, co-workers, anything thin, anything at all will help”, Neil said readying his notebook and pencil.

Neil began scribbling in his notebook as soon as Javier’s started talking, “Well, Ted Brown is coach, and Paul Steel been friend since very young. Della, I don’t know any her friends and we never talk about work, she recently move here from New Orleans but I’ve never met any of her family.. She rarely mention anything in her past. ”

Turning his attention toward Jessie Neil asks, “Detective Daniels can you think of anything I have overlooked?”, Neil was a total professional in front of Vance's father.
 
Javier... Why didn't you call me or Sarge when he vanished?

She was truly worried about the boy and his father.

Would she have done anything because of you ending the engagement?

I... You and Sargent do so much for us I... I not wish worry you... Very special police not need trouble of...

She placed a hand on Javier's shoulder.

Never think you are a bother this is what we are here for.
 
“I sorry I not do the right thing Miss Jessie, but you, you go find my boy”, waving his hand toward the doorway. Javier suddenly looks very frail for his forty-seven years. His jaw quivering, his eyes water, as he starts to sob. His shoulders convulsive as deep gut wrenching sobs poor out of him.
 
Jessie hugged him and let him cry.

We will find him.

Suddenly she had an idea.

Did he have a cellphone?

He nodded wiping his eyes and rattling off the number. She smiled to him and they walked out.

Mike... Need some computer god work done my friend. I need you to find this cellphone... Here's the number. I need the location yesterday.

Once she hung up from Mike she called the number herself.
 
The cell rang and rang and rang, then suddenly a voice came on the line, “We are sorry but the number you have called is disconnected or no longer in service.”

Only to have the voice interrupted by the crackle of the Jess’s radio, “Processed your request the 20 on that cell is 100 Ricelake Road, a place called Rice Lake Resort the registered owner of the property is Della Rice, no intell on the owner. Word of caution the cell died about a week ago it may not be at that location. Hope this helps.”

Neil busily punched the location into the GPS, “Jess that about one hundred fifty clicks east of here on the shore of Rice Lake. Didn’t Vance’s father just tell us his ex-girlfriend’s name was Della?”, looking over at Jessie Neil shakes his head, “I don’t like any of this. The whole thing stinks worst than a polecat in a shit factory.”
 
Mike... Tell Sarge I need team one to meet us there... Time for a refresher for you guys in stealth recon.

She was pissed if this woman had done something to the kid out of spite. It would take team one to prevent her from killing her.
 
“Well at least we’ll have back up”, quipped Neil as he flicked a switch on the dash and the wail sirens shatter the quiet, Jessie's head snapped back as Neil floored the gas.

“Roger that Detective Daniels, already called them they’re already on the way.”, come Mikes voice from the radio.

“Jess don’t worry about stealth, I’ll turn off the siren when we get closer but we need to get the situation ASAP”

Looking at his partner the words just came tumbling out, “What’s your read on the situation Jess? You're the behavioral expert, did she kidnap him, Why?

Did he go off to kill her, did they ran off together?

I can’t make sense of any of it. Jess, what's your take on all this?”
 
She risked his son making sure that Vance would be a failure to appear. Javier chose his son over her. Vance would never betray his father over some woman. If she has done something to him Neil.

Jessie fell silent and began checking her 40cal.
 
"Maybe but there still seems to be a couple of peices missing from this puzzle.", Taking his eyes off the road for just a moment notices Jess checking out her sidearm.

"If she or her family owns the place you're headed they have a little money, yet she never talked about her family or how she makes a living. I wonder if this is part of a pattern. Is Vance the first boy that's disappeared she's had any connection with? A secuded wooded area, and lake, plenty of places to hide the bodies. And the father didn't report it, I don't completely buy his story.

"Ask Mike to check the files and see if anyone else has ever come missing in connection to Della Rice or a female marching her description... Something ain't what it seems..", trying to price things together, as he reaches over and turns off the siren.

Glacing in the rearview mirror Neil sees team one's van quickly closing in from behind.

"The cavary has arrived, team one is right behind us"
 
Silent running you heard the request Mike.

She sat there her mind sinking into the mental prep of the potential to make the decision to kill.

She was refused due to a child. She seemed to have trouble with him wanting him in trouble and out of the way till she found herself without a fiancée. It does seem a little two cut and dry Sarge... Insight?
 
“Not at all but Neil’s right it wouldn’t hurt to check this woman out, at least then we’ve have a better idea on how to proceed, the kids life may depend on it. Let me do a little checking.”

The cab of the truck filled with a tick, tick, tick as Neil tapped and turn signal and pulled off the highway, “We’re about ten clicks out, what’a think Jess should I park a little ways out and hike in, I don’t want’a spook this pert if we don’t have to..”

Suddenly the radio came to life, “Daniels, Nichols I couldn’t find anything on a Della Rice but in 2010 they is a case file on a Donna Ross matching Rice’s description, seems Ross was charged and tried for extortion and kidnapping. She was acquitted for lack of evidence, no body was ever found... I can't be sure Rice and Ross are the same person, but my gut says they are.”
 
Agreed Mike seems like was too coincidental for my tastes.

Jessie answered.

No contact with Javier though to get money she may have escalated making this personal. Primary is Vance and if that means we have to take this perp out do not fail to shoot.
 
“Affirm, but let’s take her alive if at all possible if she is evolved in other cases we’ll need info from her for rescue or recovery”, Mike's voice came over the radio.

Neil slowed the truck to a crawl, “Jessie get on your cell and see if you can log onto google earth so we can determine the best way to approach to the residence. While you’re at it see if there are any street view photos see if you can determine if the place has any kind of surveillance cameras. I don’t want to go in there blindfolded and I don’t want to be spotted”

Neil was worried about Jess she was preoccupied she never answered his question about hiking to the residence in order to ensure the element of surprise.

"Jessie in a half a mile I'm stopping the truck and we are going to walk to the residence the stealthiness way you can find. Vance's life depends on the element of surprise."
 
Back
Top