Why Has the Quality of Submissions to Literotica Plummeted so Dramatically?

Or, since most all of you seem so crazy about “data” or “facts,” how about reading up in the Holy Scriptures?

"All" of us? My, you have no limits to putting your head up your "you know what," do you?

Critical thinking does not appear to be one of the OP’s many quirks.

Oh well.

Like the saying goes: Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Or, since most all of you seem so crazy about “data” or “facts,” how about reading up in the Holy Scriptures?

And that’s all.

Sincerely
—AJ

LOL...huh?

P.S. There’s still no counterevidence in sight; indeed, this very thread—full of shameless self-promotion and afflicted denialism—just serves to corroborate my claim.

Love it: I claim something, you say uh uh, so I am right.

As far as I’m concerned, well done, sir!

You set yourself up there. No one set of "holy scriptures" exists, only many versions of illiterate myths that don't even mention kangaroos and zero.

Which all has zero to do with your topic. Unless you're heading for Psalm 137: Oh, the joy of smashing your enemy's children against the rocks!

Your scriptures promote infanticide, genocide, and slavery. Gotta be pretty fucked in the head to believe that stuff. But like I said, LIT quality isn't related.

Writing is a hobby to many of us here. Now I’ve read at least one story by most of the authors that have posted on this thread, many of which are really good. To paraphrase the quote: Quality is in the eye of the reader.🌷Kant

Writing is a hobby to many of us here. Now I’ve read at least one story by most of the authors that have posted on this thread, many of which are really good. To paraphrase the quote: Quality is in the eye of the reader.🌷Kant

Go Kant! I suspect that even to those of us who have relied all our lives on our writing to pay the grocer (and the wine merchant), posting on Lit is 'a bit of fun', a chance to try out a few ideas. Sometimes they work. Sometimes ... well, maybe we should leave it there. :)

Are you guys still feeding the troll? I don't want to be here when his digestive tract goes boom.

Oh yeah, real class act. First the OP asks "show me the good stuff I'm too blind to see", then accuses people obliging to his request of shameless self-promotion. There is no winning this one.

Oh yeah, real class act. First the OP asks "show me the good stuff I'm too blind to see", then accuses people obliging to his request of shameless self-promotion. There is no winning this one.

No,there isn't. As he pointed out, hard to argue with an idiot. As for no counter evidence in sight, what evidence can one possibly provide? It's all in the eyes of the readers. One readers five stars is another readers one star.

Oh wait, let me think. Gosh! How can we tell? Maybe reader comments.... let me share a few examples for Auden... admittedly, I'm biased, because they're comments from one of my stories here. Only one, mind. I don't have the patience to go and extract more.

And I'm sure others here have had similar comments on some of their stories because we all have our fans. In fact I know they do coz I’ve read some. so forgive me, Auden, if I laugh at your asininity and sheer rudeness.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize.

"Stunning!This is the first story by Chloe that I’ve read, and it kept me glued to the screen of my iPad for hours! "

"Masterpiece. It's 5:30am, but I just couldn't stop myself from reading the whole story. It just didn't feel right to go to sleep before I finished it."

"Wow. Having enjoyed reading stories here on Literotica for several years I am convinced this is by far the best I’ve ever read. Well done!"

"Damn! Just, damn you're good. No change that. Just, damn your a great writer.
Unfortunately they only allow 5 stars, and I'm calling out those who did not give you five! Girl you can write sex scenes that are just -- blushing!"

"Absolutely Brilliant! There are many good authors here, but Chloe, you are one of the best."

"This is amazing - the descriptions, the emotions. This story reminded me of Titanic in some ways, and I'm not gonna lie: I cried."

"Beautiful and sad and beautiful."

"Superb story! Chloe...you have written one of the finest pieces of literature I have read here."

"I never expected to read this quality of a story on this website, when I first started reading Literotica a few months ago."

"As Bogart said:"Here's looking at you kid." Tip my hat and walk off in the fog."

" Incredible weight -- the emotional weight and historical breadth and intensity here put this story into a category of its own on Literotica. Maxine Hong Kingston and Amy Tan both went "back" to China in important stories (even though neither was born there), and I see something similar happening here."

Oh my! Fancy that. :eek:And that was for a story written in a screaming rush and with minimal editing and a raft of formatting, spelling and grammatical mistakes. So forgive me, Auden, if I don't take your comments that seriously.

On the plus side, I have a character for my next story..... Xander can breath easy....lol

Last edited:
You've lost me. I wasn't being sarcastic. As far as I can tell the search function here doesn't allow one to do this.

Sure it does, it's part of the advanced search feature. Click the round cog wheel just after the magnifying glass.

Sure it does, it's part of the advanced search feature. Click the round cog wheel just after the magnifying glass.

I've done that. That search function doesn't exist, as far as I can see. You can pick a date with a very limited range of options and search for stories that are newer or older than that date. But you can't search for stories published in 2010, for example.

I got this great one from a recent submission...

You asshole...
by xxxxxx on 03/07/2019
Twenty eight pages. And I had to start them at ten o'clock at night. I was up until four am, couldn't walk away it was too good. I will NOT make that mistake with the next chapter. Ten *'s if I could.

:D

I've done that. That search function doesn't exist, as far as I can see. You can pick a date with a very limited range of options and search for stories that are newer or older than that date. But you can't search for stories published in 2010, for example.

Well that sucks. It looks like you could but then you can't. WTF? :eek:

I got this great one from a recent submission...

You asshole...
by xxxxxx on 03/07/2019
Twenty eight pages. And I had to start them at ten o'clock at night. I was up until four am, couldn't walk away it was too good. I will NOT make that mistake with the next chapter. Ten *'s if I could.

:D

Ohhhhhhh that’s beautiful! Doesn’t you heart just go pitter-patter?

I appreciate such comments (different stories) as "Best thing I've ever read here!" and "When will you publish the novelization?" But those were older tales so I guess my quality has deteriorated, despite all the newer Red-H's.

Yes, the troll is sufficiently fed now.

Tasteless Ignorance

As for no counter evidence in sight, what evidence can one possibly provide? It's all in the eyes of the readers. One readers five stars is another readers one star.
That's why I talked about “faculty of judgment” in my post above. Since you don’t seem know anything about the concept, I suggest you read up on it in David Hume, e.g., “Of the Standard of Taste”, as a starting point, to at least get a little grip on the topic of aesthetics.

And in regard to the fan mail you seem to highly esteem: as if that mattered at all when what I’m talking about isn’t popularity, e.g., “Fifty Shades of Grey” by E. L. James (whose tiresome tomes of junk you’ve eagerly devoured, I bet), but quality, e.g., “The Woman on the Dunes” by Anaïs Nin (whose story, I bet, you never even once have heard of before in your life).

Anyway, how pitiable have the U.S. of A. turned when telling the truth there these days has become equated with “rudeness” and “arrogance.” O deum meum!

Sincerely
—AJ

Last edited:
AJ - your faculty of judgement is flawed. It seems to only accept your own as valid.

You started with an assertion that is only reasonable in your view, and have dismissed those who don't agree with you.

And yes, I have read Anaïs Nin and NOT E L James.

Anyway, how pitiable have the U.S. of A. turned when telling the truth there these days has become equated with “rudeness” and “arrogance.” O deum meum!

Sincerely
—AJ

In the spirit of civic restoration, allow me to say, "Wow, you are really a dick."

I appreciate such comments (different stories) as "Best thing I've ever read here!" and "When will you publish the novelization?" But those were older tales so I guess my quality has deteriorated, despite all the newer Red-H's.

Yes, the troll is sufficiently fed now.

Interestingly*, my new story is currently outperforming all of my other stories at the same stage with regards to votes and favourites, though there have been no comments at all. Not one**. :(

*interesting for me, probably not to others
**EDIT: suddenly, five comments appeared out of nowhere. I wonder if the system was holding them back or something?

Last edited:

Sincerely
—AJ

No, rudeness and arrogance are equated with rudeness and arrogance, and not just by the Americans here. I think our fellow authors from other countries would agree with that.

You can't possibly be expected to be taken seriously when, at the forum where current authors post, you start a thread asking them, in effect, why their stories aren't as good as those of authors who published stories in bygone days. It's the essence of troll behavior. You're stirring the pot, not starting an interesting conversation. You're not the first.

You challenge authors here because they can't prove a negative. They don't have to. You don't make a case worth rebutting. You cite minimal evidence of authors that allegedly prove the superiority of the good old days. That's not a case.

I've read many stories here but have no idea whether there is any trend relating to the quality of the stories. I don't have the time or inclination to read enough stories to find out. It seems like a silly thing to do.

If instead of starting the thread the way you did you had picked an author you liked from the past and asked who the contributors here thought was a current author of similar quality, you might have started a worthwhile discussion. You took a different approach, with predictable results. The snark in your subsequent responses suggests your initial motive in introducing the thread was not in good faith.

AJ - your faculty of judgement is flawed. It seems to only accept your own as valid.

You started with an assertion that is only reasonable in your view, and have dismissed those who don't agree with you.

And yes, I have read Anaïs Nin and NOT E L James.

I confess, I tried to read one, just to see what the fuss was about. Kinky romance being my thing too.

If she had posted it here, it would've been lucky to get in the 4 range. What a load of tripe.

I'm not intelligent enough to read Anaïs Nin. ;)

I confess, I tried to read one, just to see what the fuss was about. Kinky romance being my thing too.

If she had posted it here, it would've been lucky to get in the 4 range. What a load of tripe.

I'm not intelligent enough to read Anaïs Nin. ;)

I tried reading all three of her Grey novels by E L James. Could never get past the first paragraph in each. Not that it was badly written, but it was... written badly. And heaven forbid, I know I'm not a perfect writer, I even mix up my tenses sometimes. But then again, maybe I do that on purpose. Or not.

I also tried to watch the movies... no thank you. It's not that I don't like BSDM and she was very pretty, I just don't get off thrashing... hitting women. I found nothing erotic about either movie.

And in regard to the fan mail you seem to highly esteem: as if that mattered at all when what I’m talking about isn’t popularity, e.g., “Fifty Shades of Grey” by E. L. James (whose tiresome tomes of junk you’ve eagerly devoured, I bet), but quality, e.g., “The Woman on the Dunes” by Anaïs Nin (whose story, I bet, you never even once have heard of.....
Sincerely
—AJ

I am enjoying this, I must admit. Aesthetically speaking, no, that’s all beyond me. I studied nursing, not philosophical burbly-boo or creative writing or literature or whatever. Aesthetics is what happens to my nails, dude. Or my AR15 when I stick Hello Kitty decals on it.

Anais Nin I have read and enjoyed, along with Collette and a lot of others. I read for enjoyment and I read anything and everything. I find most literary writers pretentious but there’s the odd gem. Doesn’t mean I haven’t read them and yes, I enjoyed EL James as well although I laughed most of the way thru. Preferred Laurel K Hamilton tho.

Now if you want to now judge Literotica stories on their aesthetics, that’s a whole different assessment and how do you do that? Again, it’s judgemental. My ideas would no doubt differ from yours and in the end, how do you make that assessment? Personally, I think your just stirring the pot but it is fun.

But go ahead, your turn..... Audie :D

Back