The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year, everyone! The party I was at was interesting, but my GOD, the next time these people select a theme, I'm getting a nice top, good jeans (or maybe a skirt) and accessories that relate to the theme and I'm calling it good. Out of seventeen people, there were three guys with tops that, except for the modern collars, could have been from the '70s. One other woman came in a dress that was shiny, but a lot tighter than I remember things being back then. Everyone else went for glittery hats and/or glasses and funky wigs.

Lord, I hope it's not MSRA! Don't scare me like that.
Good health thoughts for the young one.

The mister is down with the flu. My stomach seems to be fighting it, but I tend to get something involving frequent trips to the bathroom every year at this time.

All hail the Naked Party Thread! Let's make 2013 the year of nakedness!

Understood, but lets keep it discrete, eh?.
One gets a pretty rowdy crowd at times. . .

Somebody please help. I cannot taste a good Port properly.
True, it beats the alternative (my coffin), but it's a bit of a disappointment.

Understood, but lets keep it discrete, eh?.
One gets a pretty rowdy crowd at times. . .

Somebody please help. I cannot taste a good Port properly.
True, it beats the alternative (my coffin), but it's a bit of a disappointment.

Taste buds not working? Maybe you need something a bit stronger.

Taste buds not working? Maybe you need something a bit stronger.

Sadly, quite the reverse. (Radiation therapy can do that).
I fear it will take a good while to sort out some suitable flavours.
Oh well, I'll just put some lemonade in the glass with the Port.
On the good side, I have re-discovered good English cheese.

Sadly, quite the reverse. (Radiation therapy can do that).
I fear it will take a good while to sort out some suitable flavours.
Oh well, I'll just put some lemonade in the glass with the Port.
On the good side, I have re-discovered good English cheese.

How long ago was the radiation? Having a good friend who was going through the same thing this time last year, I've heard it can take a while for the tastebuds to return. He says there are still some things that just don't taste quite right, but it's been getting better over the last six months.

Ugh, and now I'm down with it! Darn that man!! He got over his in a day - my bug has been drifting, hanging on and trying to make this vacation miserable for me. Well, it better be over with in time to resume rehearsals....

How long ago was the radiation? Having a good friend who was going through the same thing this time last year, I've heard it can take a while for the taste-buds to return. He says there are still some things that just don't taste quite right, but it's been getting better over the last six months.

Ugh, and now I'm down with it! Darn that man!! He got over his in a day - my bug has been drifting, hanging on and trying to make this vacation miserable for me. Well, it better be over with in time to resume rehearsals....

My radiation treatment was two years ago come the end of this month. If your friend would find it useful, I made a blog of my experiences, including my recovery. Let me know if it would be of any use.

Keep taking the tablets. If it don't take a fortnight, it'll take two weeks. . . .

How long ago was the radiation? Having a good friend who was going through the same thing this time last year, I've heard it can take a while for the tastebuds to return. He says there are still some things that just don't taste quite right, but it's been getting better over the last six months.

Aww, I'm sorry. I do hope you feel better soon. :rose: I'm still getting over that cough from the cold I picked up during my November trip to Oregon.

Hi, everyone.

Aw, I missed Andy.

Hi Molly! How's the kiddo, everything alright on the homefront?

A few more pics I took. (HP in case you are wondering, the camera settings are listed under "Information" in the right hand column next to the pic where it says "Shot")
http://sdrv.ms/Rr16ma
http://sdrv.ms/TDkLhB
http://sdrv.ms/12UG2rN
http://sdrv.ms/YLv4Ac

I swear my cats are plotting to murder me. I woke up one morning and this is literally the first thing I saw. http://sdrv.ms/W9B3wh So if my body winds up in a ditch somewhere, you'll know why.

Last edited:
And I thought my cats slept in some strange positions. That first one under the tree is a position I haven't seen before.

As for the cats plotting to kill you, it is worse than that. They are plotting to get the thumbs so they can open the cat food on their own, thereby no longer having any need for you. :D

Sleeping with the camera?.

Tell me, please, do you still suffer strange desires ?

Actually that last one was taken with my phone. I just happened to grab it off the nightstand as soon as I woke up.

And I thought my cats slept in some strange positions. That first one under the tree is a position I haven't seen before.

As for the cats plotting to kill you, it is worse than that. They are plotting to get the thumbs so they can open the cat food on their own, thereby no longer having any need for you. :D

I think she was either practicing yoga or dreaming of being an Olympic diver. Thumbs? Oh dear! I think I will need to start sleeping with one eye open.

They've. Already. Started.

The cub and DIL have a friend with a cat that was born polydactyl. It has six toes on its front feet and the last one can be turned almost into an apposible thumb. Damn' critter gets into everything!

They've. Already. Started.

The cub and DIL have a friend with a cat that was born polydactyl. It has six toes on its front feet and the last one can be turned almost into an opposible thumb. Damn' critter gets into everything!

from Wki:

For example, a common variation with six toes on the front paws, with two opposing digits on each (comparable in use to human thumbs), enables the cat to learn and perform feats of manual dexterity generally not observed in non-polydactyl cats, such as opening latches or catching objects with a single paw.

I don't recall ever seeing one.

I cannot remember who or, more importantly, where, someone mentioned Names for children. I think Bear, Damp_Panties and Red were doing it, but I found a real bloody Gem:-

Apparently it is said that in Livingstone Parish, LA, there is an unfortunate child with the name spelled Le-a.

[at this point, you might want to abandon all hope of understanding.
Leah ? (forget it)
Lee Ah (Nope)
Lay A (Not a hope)
Lei (good - but no cigar) ]

Her Mama is or was getting irate 'cos everyone is getting her daughter's name wrong.
She says it is Ledasha.

When asked how in the world she arrived at this, Mamma is reputed to have said :

"'Cos the dash don't be silent"

So if you find this curious name please remember ot pronounce the dash.
And if anyone asks you why, tell them it's 'Cos the dash don't be silent.

Last edited:
I cannot remember who or, more importantly, where, someone mentioned Names for children. I think Bear, Damp_Panties and Red were doing it, but I found a real bloody Gem:-

Apparently it is said that in Livingstone Parish, LA, there is an unfortunate child with the name spelled Le-a.

[at this point, you might want to abandon all hope of understanding.
Leah ? (forget it)
Lee Ah (Nope)
Lay A (Not a hope)
Lei (good - but no cigar) ]

Her Mama is or was getting irate 'cos everyone is getting her daughter's name wrong.
She says it is Ledasha.

When asked how in the world she arrived at this, Mamma is reputed to have said :

"'Cos the dash don't be silent"

So if you find this curious name please remember ot pronounce the dash.
And if anyone asks you why, tell them it's 'Cos the dash don't be silent.

Haha. How I feel most of the time toward my fellow citizens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxODBCYhy5I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back