Secret's Rebirthing.

Okey Dokey don't know about anyone else but I'll just leave your thread in peace, and then you can just carry on to your hearts content and I won't get indigestion from the shudders any more, because if there's one thing I've learned here it's edit, edit then edit some more
 
hey...

So you're saying you can write gobbledygook and it would still be poetry if you care to call it such? That's all very well if you're writing for yourself only but readers do like to understand it.
.
Up you there and stand astride,
no hiding of your slatherings,
we'll have not ploppy goodlewooks
for shitty legs foul makes our beds!

Poetry, is like the cosmic energy that you need to survive, to simply exist.
Poetry just is and it is ALWAYS and it is in everything.
Even in those things we find objection to, much like how I viewed your post but to which you have your right to express.

But if you always have to have someone interpret their work to you then HOW will you ever understand yourself in or thru the work of someone else's explanation?
And if you can never find examples of yourself in or thru the light of someone elses work, maybe you are looking in the wrong place.

Cyrill Connley said:

"Better to write for yourself and have no public
than to write for the public and have no self."
 
hey...

Hi and welcome. Just my opinion but the idea that anything goes because it's free verse is limiting, not freeing. The point of sharing writing is communication: even if all you want to communicate is a feeling or idea, whoever reads it needs to understand it. Otherwise your communication and therefore your poem, story, note, whatever has failed. I'm not against a grammatical mistake in the right context and I make up words in poems whenever I want, but I do try to make sure readers will understand.

I'm curious as to whether you edit for anything in a poem beyond spelling or punctuation. And if you never explore ways to make your words clearer or more interesting or otherwise better, how do you grow as a writer? How do you improve? Maybe you don't care, which is fine and certainly your business, but then why bother sharing? Or alternatively why not share on the personals forum where people will mostly praise you?

Like I said it's your choice but all the good poetry I've ever read, especially stuff masquerading as "free" verse, was written with intention.
:rose: :rose::rose:



Well, one thing you said is VERY much true..."the choice..." is theirs (O.P.).
And I would remind you and ALL THE OTHER "GOOD" WRTERS HERE--,
even the literary greats were at one time shunned and their works were thought to be trite.
And if you didn't know that, then you don't know your history very well and perhaps--, maybe even your poetry... maybe?
 
Back
Top