Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Okay. I tried it and I am now over it. Cable is getting installed. I need my TV......

Cord cutter? Been watching Travelers on Netflix way better than Blame... Netflix suggestions aren't perfect lol

I cut the cord from cable a long time ago. I use the amazon fire stick and installed KODI on it. I still see nearly all my live tv through it. At least the important stuff.

Cord cutter? Been watching Travelers on Netflix way better than Blame... Netflix suggestions aren't perfect lol

The time traveling/body snatching show? I liked that one quite a lot.

I have Netflix, Crunchyroll, DramaFever, and the CW app with a google thing for the tv but no cable.

Last edited:
Perhaps obviously, I've been quiet this week.

Between a lot going on, my fractured emotional state, and the apparent... post-Event letdown... I think I need a little time to recharge and regroup.

I will be mostly offline anyway Friday-Sunday because I'm going to a con in Bangor. Yay, crowds.

Please contact me about stuff you want to accomplish this downtime, and I hope to resume that work in earnest on Monday.

*hugs* Have fun at the con.

I cut the cord from cable a long time ago. I use the amazon fire stick and installed KODI on it. I still see nearly all my live tv through it. At least the important stuff.

Can you get food network and the cooking channel?

I know our cable is a lot different than yours (Hell we only have one provider) but at the moment I have Netflix, plus Cable on our TV. Our Cable picks and chooses from companies so we get BBC, CW, Food Channel, Nat Geo, Fox, ESPN, ScyFy, etc.

That's an excellent question.

My initial thought was to have it be an island off of the shore, kind of like how Asteroid M became Utopia off of San Francisco on Marvel!Earth-616.

In PMs, Vic suggested that if we could get it into orbit somehow, it could be like a New Watchtower, but it would be a beyond Herculean effort to get it up there (giggity) especially in its structurally-undermined state. But not impossible!

But let's talk this out, in case other people have ideas or input!

My initial thought was to have it be an island off of the shore, kind of like how Asteroid M became Utopia off of San Francisco on Marvel!Earth-616.

In PMs, Vic suggested that if we could get it into orbit somehow, it could be like a New Watchtower, but it would be a beyond Herculean effort to get it up there (giggity) especially in its structurally-undermined state. But not impossible!

But let's talk this out, in case other people have ideas or input!

I would recommend a new watchtower in space. Between the group we should be able to get it up (into space ) fairly easily....

I've PMed some folks about notions for downtime adventures.

I don't think I know of any ideas for Sandman, Braggock, or GRID, but if you blokes have any ideas I would love to hear them. (My idea for Sandman's downtime I think should wait until after the next Event.)

Having not heard back from WiredIn, I'll be phasing Static out-- probably having him dealing with his downtime/sidequest stuff in curing the Bang Babies. As with previous abandoned characters, he'll be moved to The Reserves list in case WiredIn ever comes back.

That said, we may want an electromagnetokinetic to join in with The New League, as having that power niche absent severely hampered us in this fight until we managed to MacGyver that Speed Force thing. Would anyone be interested in filling that niche?

I would recommend a new watchtower in space. Between the group we should be able to get it up (into space ) fairly easily....

At some point, we should be dealing with the fact that there was an old watchtower that no-one on the current team would have known about. Possibly after the next Event, though I'm going to plant seeds for that during this downtime, if things go according to the plan.

But yes, three of you working together was able to stop it from falling onto Seattle.

All or most of you working together miiiiiiight be able to reinforce its structure and lift it into orbit-- though of course achieving atmospheric escape velocity with an object of that size is going to be daunting even with your arrayed power. It'll also need a new adapted power source with the axe and transmatter cube both removed.

At some point, we should be dealing with the fact that there was an old watchtower that no-one on the current team would have known about. Possibly after the next Event, though I'm going to plant seeds for that during this downtime, if things go according to the plan.

But yes, three of you working together was able to stop it from falling onto Seattle.

All or most of you working together miiiiiiight be able to reinforce its structure and lift it into orbit-- though of course achieving atmospheric escape velocity with an object of that size is going to be daunting even with your arrayed power. It'll also need a new adapted power source with the axe and transmatter cube both removed.

Open a portal under it into space. Drop the bugger out deep, with no gravitational mass it will be easy to push into geosyncronic orbit with GRID telling Wondergirl and M&M to push it harder or in a new direction. (Wondergirl and M&M are the pilots with GRID as navigational telemetry)

Open a portal under it into space. Drop the bugger out deep, with no gravitational mass it will be easy to push into geosyncronic orbit with GRID telling Wondergirl and M&M to push it harder or in a new direction. (Wondergirl and M&M are the pilots with GRID as navigational telemetry)

Even without weight, it will still have mass and therefore inertia, but the dimensional portal thing is a good thought. Is Raven capable of creating a portal that big alone, or will she need augmenting?

Geosynchronous orbit is generally only possible over the equator, but there's no reason it can't be there.

Not to also forget that Ghosty did a number on several buildings. Do we know what thir functions were and if one was the bridge?

Before w launch this thing someone with technological skill should look it over and se if we can actually get it working.

Maybe GRID and Bats?

As for electromagnetokinetic hero, if no one else wants the role I would be happy to step up. Maybe Black Lightning

Not to also forget that Ghosty did a number on several buildings. Do we know what thir functions were and if one was the bridge?

Before w launch this thing someone with technological skill should look it over and se if we can actually get it working.

Maybe GRID and Bats?

As for electromagnetokinetic hero, if no one else wants the role I would be happy to step up. Maybe Black Lightning

My thinking is that Black Lightning was part of The Justice League that went missing with the secret Watchtower. But a successor to Jefferson would not go amiss! Perhaps one of his daughters?

I believe Ghost Rider fairly trashed Gorgon's laboratory. I'm not sure what you mean by "the bridge," do you mean the transmatter cube? Havok teleported himself away with the cube in his hand, escaping in true Doctor Doom fashion.

He just didn't get to brandish his fist and yell "RICHAAAAAAARDS!"

My thinking is that Black Lightning was part of The Justice League that went missing with the secret Watchtower. But a successor to Jefferson would not go amiss! Perhaps one of his daughters?

I believe Ghost Rider fairly trashed Gorgon's laboratory. I'm not sure what you mean by "the bridge," do you mean the transmatter cube? Havok teleported himself away with the cube in his hand, escaping in true Doctor Doom fashion.

He coulda yelled "Uppity Bitches!!!!!!!" Though;)

Does it have to be a elctrokinetic? Or any other slots that need filling? Challengers looks to be moving slow enough that I'm mulling over a character or two to introduce into the main thread. It's pretty full with people now, so I don't want to introduce something redundant. I was going to have a tree/plant power set character and another Sword and portals... Tying into some of the stuff Kiz did.

LMAO :D

Sorry, by bridge I assumed that there was somewhere they gathered to check their progress through the dimensions, and to discuss their plans.

As For Black Lightnings daughter's, if you are looking for lightning power's then Jennifer would be better, although I could write them both so you would have Thunder and Lightning :)

Another idea would be to go with someone like Metamorpho to bring in a lot of powers to fill in a lot of gaps.

Last edited:
Does it have to be a elctrokinetic? Or any other slots that need filling? Challengers looks to be moving slow enough that I'm mulling over a character or two to introduce into the main thread. It's pretty full with people now, so I don't want to introduce something redundant. I was going to have a tree/plant power set character and another Sword and portals... Tying into some of the stuff Kiz did.

I would like an electromagnetokinetic of some kind to maintain that archetype, but I'm certainly not opposed to additional new characters besides!

Right now I'm leaning towards the plant guy, as we have a couple of teleporters already and now have wearable teleport tech. Is this sword/portal person the same idea you had for a character that would show up in Outsiders? The converted bloodmage, or similar?

But yes, plant person. Something explicitly tied in with The Green, like Gaiman's version of Black Orchid? But not as all-powerful as Swamp Thing?

LMAO :D

Sorry, by bridge I assumed that there was somewhere they gathered to check their progress through the dimensions, and to discuss their plans.

As For Black Lightnings daughter's, if you are looking for lightning power's then Jennifer would be better, although I could write them both so you would have Thunder and Lightning :)

Another idea would be to go with someone like Metamorpho to bring in a lot of powers to fill in a lot of gaps.

Oh, yeah. That would have been in The Pavilion, the glassy structure at the "front" of the rock, but you guys never went in there.

Yes, by "one of Black Lightning's daughters" I was referring to the one with actual lightning powers.

I do love Metamorpho and The Metamorphae in general, but we already have several various forms of shapeshifters and we want to make sure we don't have someone so invulnerable and versatile that everyone else becomes outmoded. I've taken agonizing pains to hamper Rose's powerset development so that her vast arsenal doesn't eclipse any of the PCs'. Urania Blackwell was literally unable to kill herself except by invoking the sun god Ra to give her peace.

Of course we still toy with that line by having Kryptonians and speedsters and spirits of vengeance in play, but it's something I've come to be cautious about from past experience.

I would like an electromagnetokinetic of some kind to maintain that archetype, but I'm certainly not opposed to additional new characters besides!

Right now I'm leaning towards the plant guy, as we have a couple of teleporters already and now have wearable teleport tech. Is this sword/portal person the same idea you had for a character that would show up in Outsiders? The converted bloodmage, or similar?

But yes, plant person. Something explicitly tied in with The Green, like Gaiman's version of Black Orchid? But not as all-powerful as Swamp Thing?

Well, plant gal. Yeah they are both women. The reformed bloodmage and Kiz Herald "Mary" who was picked up by our Men in Black and whose fate was never resolved thereafter.

But looking at Black Orchid, I'd say more like biokinetic but haptic for now, if you are looking to shed NPC then she could fill the "healer" slot with some support in tanking.

However as I think about it, maybe I could recommend a little too get the reformed bloodmage as an agent if the Green ... She's more depressed and plodding.

Maybe Mary makes for a better photokinetic which could stay into the technology side of the elctrokinetic. Not sure why I had Mary as a tree this whole time...

Well, plant gal. Yeah they are both women. The reformed bloodmage and Kiz Herald "Mary" who was picked up by our Men in Black and whose fate was never resolved thereafter.

But looking at Black Orchid, I'd say more like biokinetic but haptic for now, if you are looking to shed NPC then she could fill the "healer" slot with some support in tanking.

However as I think about it, maybe I could recommend a little too get the reformed bloodmage as an agent if the Green ... She's more depressed and plodding.

Maybe Mary makes for a better photokinetic which could stay into the technology side of the elctrokinetic. Not sure why I had Mary as a tree this whole time...

I figured we'd get to Mary once we got out of the skerry in Outsiders, as they're still in the first few seconds of realtime since their disappearance from Keystone-Central. I figured that's when they would catch up with Constantine, too. I've been operating under the impression that those events were happening in the future of Outsiders and the past of the main thread, but they were still assumed to be part of canon even though they haven't been "onscreen" yet.

If you like, we can play that stuff out as flashbacks here?

I think Aussie is working on the electrokine angle, but you can definitely develop your NPCs as photokinetic or florokinetic as you like!

I'm keeping Aquagirl as a waterbender since no-one seemed interested in that angle, but I'm sure she wouldn't object to additional support on the healing aspect.

Back