Status
Not open for further replies.
The Weaver - you'll find it on Nippon Soul, The Cannonball Adderley Sextet

The Weaver
By Eva Gore-Booth

I was the child that passed long hours away
Chopping red beetroot in the hay-piled barn;
Now must I spend the wind-blown April day
Minding great looms and tying knots in yarn.

Once long ago I tramped through rain and slush
In brown waves breaking up the stubborn soil,
I wove and wove the twilight’s purple hush
To fold about the furrowed heart of toil.

The Weaver
By Eva Gore-Booth

I was the child that passed long hours away
Chopping red beetroot in the hay-piled barn;
Now must I spend the wind-blown April day
Minding great looms and tying knots in yarn.

Once long ago I tramped through rain and slush
In brown waves breaking up the stubborn soil,
I wove and wove the twilight’s purple hush
To fold about the furrowed heart of toil.

The ploughman homeward plods his weary way,
And leaves the world to darkness and to me.

The Dead Poets Society
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. So medicine, law, business, engineering... these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love... these are what we stay alive for.
(damned right!!)

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. So medicine, law, business, engineering... these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love... these are what we stay alive for.
(damned right!!)

Well said stickygirl. Are you quoting someone?

Whatever, after reading your post I knew I had a quote close by that (I think) extends your sentiment.
It comes from Australian writer and academic Pierre Ryckmans (alias Simon Leys):
"People who do not read fiction or poetry are in permanent danger of crashing against facts and being crushed by reality."

True?

Last edited:
(damned right!!)

Well said stickygirl. Are you quoting someone?

Whatever, after reading your post I knew I had a quote close by that (I think) extends your sentiment.
It comes from Australian writer and academic Pierre Ryckmans (alias Simon Leys):
"People who do not read fiction or poetry are in permanent danger of crashing against facts and being crushed by reality."

True?

Poetry
I, too, dislike it: there are things that are important beyond all
this fiddle.
Reading it, however, with a perfect contempt for it, one
discovers in
it after all, a place for the genuine.
Hands that can grasp, eyes
that can dilate, hair that can rise
if it must, these things are important not because a

high-sounding interpretation can be put upon them but because
they are
useful. When they become so derivative as to become
unintelligible,
the same thing may be said for all of us, that we
do not admire what
we cannot understand: the bat
holding on upside down or in quest of something to

eat, elephants pushing, a wild horse taking a roll, a tireless wolf
under
a tree, the immovable critic twitching his skin like a horse that
feels a
flea, the base-
ball fan, the statistician--
nor is it valid
to discriminate against 'business documents and

school-books'; all these phenomena are important. One must
make a distinction
however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the
result is not poetry,
nor till the poets among us can be
'literalists of
the imagination'--above
insolence and triviality and can present

for inspection, 'imaginary gardens with real toads in them', shall
we have
it. In the meantime, if you demand on the one hand,
the raw material of poetry in
all its rawness and
that which is on the other hand
genuine, you are interested in poetry.

Marianne Moore

My panties right now!

Q: HOT!

A. When one's panties are sticky and then become emphatically hot, it is appropriate to remove them immediately. If the condition has affected the nether dermis, one may seek the aid of another person of either sex to help soothe the afflicted region.

A sticky situation

ugh tell me about it. hot humid night here, i need a shower to wash off the sweat. the air con is not that efficient at cooling the place. Doesn't help that the controls are in Chinese.
And bed is calling, no, screaming for my bones to join it. More stickiness..sorry stickygirl lotsa puns at your expense.

later faux poets. and Tio,, I gotta revisit that post..to unpick it. Thanks guys for the stimulation.;)

But hey, my dead brain has no problems understanding a virgin's hot sticky panties...:devil:..er what was that Tio? lol..in English?:D

Last edited:
ugh tell me about it. hot humid night here, i need a shower to wash off the sweat. the air con is not that efficient at cooling the place. Doesn't help that the controls are in Chinese.
And bed is calling, no, screaming for my bones to join it. More stickiness..sorry stickygirl lotsa puns at your expense.

later faux poets. and Tio,, I gotta revisit that post..to unpick it. Thanks guys for the stimulation.;)

Hey, Michael; watch it about that "stimulation" bit - I have a reputation with the ladies, you know. I don't want to get into any sticky situations.

... find another tube of unbleached titanium. Or should I start with rose madder?

I love it when Rose gets mad. And when she gets even madder, boy is she cute! I'd go with Rose madder, then, and , besides, Oberon might not like to see you squeezing his Titania...

I love it when Rose gets mad. And when she gets even madder, boy is she cute! I'd go with Rose madder, then, and , besides, Oberon might not like to see you squeezing his Titania...

One of my favorite Stephen King novels, Rose Madder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back