The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good eeeeeeeevening . . .
The terrorier and I are batching it tonight so we're going to start things off with a walk. Back in an hour or so.

Good eeeeeeeevening . . .
The terrorier and I are batching it tonight so we're going to start things off with a walk. Back in an hour or so.

Have a nice walk.

I was mean to my doggy today. I took this:
Lucy1.jpg

And turned it into this:
100_0275.jpg

She's really quite embarrassed, has been sulking all afternoon.

Have a nice walk.

Lucy1.jpg

And turned it into this:
100_0275.jpg

We did that once to a black lab. We couldn't take her out in public for months. :eek:

But she was thrilled and had no idea that she was no longer the adorable princess of the neighborhood.

Suitable for summer. Think of it as a doggie bikini.

I think she looks good. She, on the other hand, hates it. I think she feels naked, not a good thing for a doggy.

We did that once to a black lab. We couldn't take her out in public for months. :eek:

But she was thrilled and had no idea that she was no longer the adorable princess of the neighborhood.

A black lab? Dear lord! Why would you do that?

Evening, Nakeds!

Hey, CC. How's it going?

I think she looks good. She, on the other hand, hates it. I think she feels naked, not a good thing for a doggy.

Hey, CC. How's it going?

Not too bad. Frustrated with the coroner's office, but I will live with it.

How are you doing?

Just frustrated with the fact that they can announce on the news that they will have results back in 2 days when a celebrity dies, but not when us commoners die. :rolleyes:

The blessing is the extra time I have gotten to spend with my grandmother, and getting praised by her for the cooking that I have done. That is a big praise, knowing how good of a cook she is. :D

How many days do you have left?

Last edited:
Just frustrated with the fact that they can announce on the news that they will have results back in 2 days when a celebrity dies, but not when us commoners die. :rolleyes:

The blessing is the extra time I have gotten to spend with my grandmother, and getting praised by her for the cooking that I have done. That is a big praise, knowing how good of a cook she is. :D

Twenty-six. The best part is that only fourteen of them will be in the classroom. Praise be for three-day weekends, too!

That's a rather cryptic thing to ask when talking of death.

I'm sorry for your loss. My Gran was my best friend. It was a dull knife in the heart to lose her. :rose:

That's a rather cryptic thing to ask when talking of death.

I'm sorry for your loss. My Gran was my best friend. It was a dull knife in the heart to lose her. :rose:

Thanks, you are a dear.:rose::kiss:

Gramps passed 11 days ago. We have had to postpone the funeral once already, since they weren't done him yet. Don't know if it is going to happen tomorrow, like promised, since they didn't call today to say they are done. I might have to leave before the funeral happens, I have been on vacation for the past week, and I have to leave on Wed, to make it home by Friday night.

What has been neat is finding the little gems that he has left us. He was always inventing things, we found patent applications for things like fuel-less engines. The funniest thing was the rejection letter from GM, back in 1946, stating that they will NEVER be interested in a fuel-less engine. The joke in the family is Gramps has always been ahead of his time.:D

Last edited:
Thanks, you are a dear.:rose::kiss:

Gramps passed 11 days ago. We have had to postpone the funeral once already, since they weren't done him yet. Don't know if it is going to happen tomorrow, like promised, since they didn't call today to say they are done. I might have to leave before the funeral happens, I have been on vacation for the past week, and I have to leave on Wed, to make it home by Friday night.

What has been neat is finding the little gems that he has left us. He was always inventing things, we found patent applications for things like fuel-less engines. The funniest thing was the rejection letter from GM, back in 1946, stating that they will NEVER be interested in a fuel-less engine. The joke in the family is Gramps has always been ahead of his time.:D

The funny thing is that corporate America is still not interested in fuel-less engines. It would undermine the oil standard.

Now that is ironic. Almost the definition of it, in fact. Beautiful.

You are blessed. I was never close to either of my sets of grandparents, though I respected my paternal grandfather and admired my maternal grandfather. Probably I was, if anything, closer to my grandmothers but one was an immigrant and barely literate and the other lived in Montana so we never saw her more than once or twice a year. My children are more fortunate.

I have been lucky. I am glad that my kids have a good relationship with my parents too.

Now, I need a drink and a massage!;)

Have a nice walk.

Lucy1.jpg

And turned it into this:
100_0275.jpg

That's quite a transformation. A dust mop with eyes into a for real dog. :D

She'll enjoy it frolicking in the yard this summer...I always feel sorry for those dogs with long coats down here...they seem to be always panting.

After having wire-haired dogs, long-haired dogs and short-haired dogs, I've come to the conclusion that there are only two logical alternatives: Either you get a dog like a standard poodle that never sheds and keep it in a puppy cut

img_0680lexi1_standing.jpg

They don't smell, either. The only problem is that they tend to be smarter than a good percentage of the human population!

Instead, we decided on a short-hair, a rat terrier. She still sheds but a monthly bath and a brush if we feel like it keeps her spiffy. Of course, it doesn't snow here . . .

P6270035.jpg

It was the daily buckets of hair. Decided to try it. It gets a little hot here in Texas, so I think she was actually happy with it. Well, she's always happy. She's a lab.:rolleyes: I'll try to find a pic with her clothes on.

Found one! She's looking a little pensive for her. She's not a real lab, either. She came by one day and got a bath and a name. There's problem some terrier in her, too. She used to jump 8 ft. fence, she's smaller and she's just a tad yippy-toned in her bark. But she's 100% lab personality. :heart:

I'm so sorry, but glad you had the time. :rose:

Attachments

• Dog1.jpg
    Dog1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It was the daily buckets of hair. Decided to try it. It gets a little hot here in Texas, so I think she was actually happy with it. Well, she's always happy. She's a lab.:rolleyes: I'll try to find a pic with her clothes on.

Found one! She's looking a little pensive for her. She's not a real lab, either. She came by one day and got a bath and a name. There's problem some terrier in her, too. She used to jump 8 ft. fence, she's smaller and she's just a tad yippy-toned in her bark. But she's 100% lab personality. :heart:

I'm so sorry, but glad you had the time. :rose:

Thanks, hun!:rose:

A long, productive life and a quiet, pain-free death is all we can wish for on this side of the bar. My grandparents didn't all get that and my father died of Alzheimer's. Mom, however, will be eighty-eight on the ninth and her health is marvelous. She'll be around until past ninety, methinks. Gives a bear hope. :)

A long, productive life and a quiet, pain-free death is all we can wish for on this side of the bar. My grandparents didn't all get that and my father died of Alzheimer's. Mom, however, will be eighty-eight on the ninth and her health is marvelous. She'll be around until past ninety, methinks. Gives a bear hope. :)

I have lots of hope to. Gramps was 94. Grams is 93 and still kicking.
:D

Last edited:
I have lots of hope to. Gramps was 94. Grams is 93 and still kicking.
:D

Sort of like my MIL. When her second husband died, she immediately took off on a cruise to get away from the pain and memories. A cruise or two later she came back reporting that she had encountered a new gentleman that she had become very fond of. After a couple of bottles of wine had bit the dust, she happily announced, "And everything works!" HM was embarrassed. My response was "You go, Gramma!" They had about six or seven happy years together. Great guy. We miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back