The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Do yourself a favor: stop checking and write something else. Not like you posted your magnum opus or anything. :p

Well, to be completely honest, I'd only checked as I was writing my post - for accuracy's sake. :D

I've already resigned myself to go with the flow and see where it ends up. No sense in getting all bent out of shape, and I am happy with the downloads, feedback, and faving, so I really can't complain.

Well, to be completely honest, I'd only checked as I was writing my post - for accuracy's sake. :D

I've already resigned myself to go with the flow and see where it ends up. No sense in getting all bent out of shape, and I am happy with the downloads, feedback, and faving, so I really can't complain.

You've got the right idea.

I think the mistake many amateur -- and some not-so-amateur -- authors make on Lit is to gauge their success and acceptance on the numbers. That's only part of the process. If we based all of our qualitative assessments on numbers, then Stephanie Meyers would be a goddess and Earnest Hemmingway would be a stick in the mud.

A reminder that there is only one official Earth Day contest, and this is the support thread for it. Beware of fake contests.

Also -- three more days to submit. Your story. ;)

image.php

A reminder that there is only one official Earth Day contest, and this is the support thread for it. Beware of fake contests.

Who was it who said, “A lie told often enough becomes the truth,"? Lenin? Hitler? Tigerlady? Follow the link below to the “real” support thread and contest…

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

tumblr_mjxz3cVpgm1rkfo3lo5_500.gif

2013 Sexy April Contest

You've got the right idea.

I think the mistake many amateur -- and some not-so-amateur -- authors make on Lit is to gauge their success and acceptance on the numbers. That's only part of the process. If we based all of our qualitative assessments on numbers, then Stephanie Meyers would be a goddess and Earnest Hemmingway would be a stick in the mud.

Thanks, Slyc. Although quite rare when I'm in competitive mode, I do eventually see the forest for the trees and then I feel all better again. ;)

Also -- three more days to submit. Your story. ;)

Then the real fun begins. ;)

Uh, yeah, stories too. :D

Contest analysis - Earth Day Contest 2013

Good evening. Another reality tells me that there are 46 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.27 from an average of 297 votes. Stories had an average of 23,204 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.31%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 10 pages.

So far there have been a total of 13,071 votes, 1,067,413 views, 392 favorites and 389 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.27) is 0.41 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 297) is 391. The median score is 4.36, the median number of votes is 124 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.08 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 3 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 3 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 4 votes swept, being an average of 1 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 2. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (7 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Humor & Satire (1 story)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (8 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Mature (2 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (3 stories)
  • NonHuman (3 stories)
  • Reviews & Essays (1 story)
  • Romance (5 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

AffectionateFather, alwayswantedto, Ashson (2), Aunay, Beelzebub72, BrookMeier, Candlelight062, CatRun, CavyConsultant, Cndrlla69, curlyspurs, eclare (2), Euphonic, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo (2), HottieKatie, ihartekenny, JagFarlane (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JuanVato, litfan10, memorable_event, MSTarot, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rutabaga72, sexnovella, silkstockingslover (2), slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, StaciRay79, Stacy469, subwryter, SusanJillParker, theravenfox, tk5555, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

I entered a story just to be a part of the contest. I'm not elegible to win but that's ok. I like the quick posting and just being part of the contest. The best of luck to all who enter the contest.
With Respect
DG

I entered a story just to be a part of the contest. I'm not elegible to win but that's ok. I like the quick posting and just being part of the contest. The best of luck to all who enter the contest.
With Respect
DG

Welcome aboard

With Respect
DG

Best of luck to you, too, DGHear.

I have to say . . . any author who writes a cuckold story in "Loving Wives" has incredible courage and steely nerves {something most authors lack since we're sensitive about our writing}. You and TxRad are two tough authors. So is Lovecraft68.

I have an excellent idea for a Loving Wives story, but after reading the angry comments left by readers - who, in all honesty, must get-off on these stories otherwise why in the hell would they read them to begin with - leave the most atrocious remarks for the author. Unbelievable.

My hat off to those authors who put on impenetrable armor and go for it anyway. :rose:

I have to say . . . any author who writes a cuckold story in "Loving Wives" has incredible courage and steely nerves {something most authors lack since we're sensitive about our writing}. You and TxRad are two tough authors. So is Lovecraft68.

I have an excellent idea for a Loving Wives story, but after reading the angry comments left by readers - who, in all honesty, must get-off on these stories otherwise why in the hell would they read them to begin with - leave the most atrocious remarks for the author. Unbelievable.

My hat off to those authors who put on impenetrable armor and go for it anyway. :rose:

Yeah, but it's so much fun to poke them with a sharp stick. :D

Come join the fun.

I have an extra set of that shark chain mail armor is ya need it.

Contest analysis - Earth Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The ouija board tells me that there are 49 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.26 from an average of 303 votes. Stories had an average of 23,295 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.30%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 10 pages.

So far there have been a total of 13,938 votes, 1,141,480 views, 433 favorites and 424 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.26) is 0.40 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 303) is 393. The median score is 4.34, the median number of votes is 124 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.52 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.00 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 4 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 4 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 7 votes swept, being an average of 1 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 3. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (8 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Group Sex (2 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (1 story)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (8 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Mature (2 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (3 stories)
  • NonHuman (3 stories)
  • Reviews & Essays (1 story)
  • Romance (6 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (1 story)

Views by category

• Incest/Taboo: 573,150 (50.2%)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance: 89,764 (7.9%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 73,817 (6.5%)
  • Romance: 67,103 (5.9%)
  • Loving Wives: 66,205 (5.8%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 63,987 (5.6%)
  • Illustrated: 48,582 (4.3%)
  • BDSM: 33,189 (2.9%)
  • Mature: 28,239 (2.5%)
  • Group Sex: 23,815 (2.1%)
  • Text With Audio: 18,836 (1.7%)
  • NonHuman: 18,676 (1.6%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 17,079 (1.5%)
  • Gay Male: 5,577 (0.5%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 5,188 (0.5%)
  • Humor & Satire: 4,853 (0.4%)
  • Reviews & Essays: 3,420 (0.3%)

Comments by category

• Incest/Taboo: 122 (28.8%)
  • Loving Wives: 71 (16.7%)
  • Romance: 62 (14.6%)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance: 34 (8.0%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 21 (5.0%)
  • Reviews & Essays: 18 (4.2%)
  • NonHuman: 15 (3.5%)
  • Text With Audio: 15 (3.5%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 14 (3.3%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 14 (3.3%)
  • BDSM: 11 (2.6%)
  • Mature: 8 (1.9%)
  • Humor & Satire: 7 (1.7%)
  • Group Sex: 4 (0.9%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 3 (0.7%)
  • Illustrated: 3 (0.7%)
  • Gay Male: 2 (0.5%)

Favorites by category

• Incest/Taboo: 224 (51.7%)
  • Romance: 41 (9.5%)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance: 41 (9.5%)
  • Loving Wives: 26 (6.0%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 21 (4.8%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 19 (4.4%)
  • NonHuman: 15 (3.5%)
  • Mature: 13 (3.0%)
  • BDSM: 9 (2.1%)
  • Text With Audio: 7 (1.6%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 5 (1.2%)
  • Group Sex: 5 (1.2%)
  • Gay Male: 3 (0.7%)
  • Illustrated: 2 (0.5%)
  • Humor & Satire: 1 (0.2%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 1 (0.2%)
  • Reviews & Essays: 0 (0.0%)

Votes by category

• Incest/Taboo: 6,691 (48.0%)
  • Romance: 2,033 (14.6%)
  • Loving Wives: 1,484 (10.6%)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance: 807 (5.8%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 602 (4.3%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 596 (4.3%)
  • NonHuman: 386 (2.8%)
  • Mature: 362 (2.6%)
  • BDSM: 237 (1.7%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 171 (1.2%)
  • Group Sex: 124 (0.9%)
  • Text With Audio: 115 (0.8%)
  • Illustrated: 113 (0.8%)
  • Reviews & Essays: 81 (0.6%)
  • Humor & Satire: 49 (0.4%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 48 (0.3%)
  • Gay Male: 39 (0.3%)

Average scores by category

• Text With Audio: 4.55
  • Incest/Taboo: 4.52
  • NonHuman: 4.44
  • Mature: 4.38
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 4.37
  • Illustrated: 4.29
  • BDSM: 4.29
  • Lesbian Sex: 4.15
  • Gay Male: 4.11
  • Reviews & Essays: 4.11
  • Humor & Satire: 4.00
  • NonConsent/Reluctance: 3.98
  • Loving Wives: 3.98
  • Romance: 3.86
  • Erotic Couplings: 3.66
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 3.57
  • Group Sex: 2.17

Hotness by category

• Text With Audio: 100%
  • Romance: 67%
  • Incest/Taboo: 63%
  • BDSM: 50%
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 33%
  • NonHuman: 33%
  • Erotic Couplings: 25%

Swept votes by category

• Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 3
  • Illustrated: 2
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1
  • Loving Wives: 1

Number of views, votes, comments per day

• 31 Mar (Sunday) : 343,113 views, 4,141 votes, 114 comments
  • 1 Apr (Monday) : 33,921 views, 629 votes, 32 comments
  • 2 Apr (Tuesday) : 132,926 views, 1,881 votes, 28 comments
  • 3 Apr (Wednesday) : 70,164 views, 850 votes, 10 comments
  • 4 Apr (Thursday) : 90,311 views, 638 votes, 17 comments
  • 5 Apr (Friday) : 63,202 views, 694 votes, 15 comments
  • 6 Apr (Saturday) : 78,042 views, 753 votes, 28 comments
  • 7 Apr (Sunday) : 75,340 views, 775 votes, 25 comments
  • 8 Apr (Monday) : 41,859 views, 592 votes, 35 comments
  • 9 Apr (Tuesday) : 75,154 views, 1,248 votes, 51 comments
  • 10 Apr (Wednesday) : 63,381 views, 870 votes, 34 comments
  • 11 Apr (Thursday) : 74,067 views, 867 votes, 35 comments

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

AffectionateFather, alwayswantedto, Ashson (2), Aunay, Beelzebub72, BrookMeier, Candlelight062, CatRun, CavyConsultant, Cndrlla69, curlyspurs, DG Hear, eclare (2), Euphonic, HeyAll, hoo_hoo_boo (2), HottieKatie, ihartekenny, JagFarlane (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JuanVato, litfan10, memorable_event, MSTarot, OpalEssence, RedHairedandFriendly (2), RjThoughts, Rutabaga72, sexnovella, silkstockingslover (2), slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, StaciRay79, Stacy469, subwryter, SusanJillParker, theravenfox, tk5555, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

Time is running out, so I'm just going to submit what I have even though it's not too good :( I had the inspiration, but not the time to flesh it out.

Yeah, but it's so much fun to poke them with a sharp stick. :D

Come join the fun.

I have an extra set of that shark chain mail armor is ya need it.

Hah! Thanks but no thanks. I don't have the skin for that type of chainmail.

Loving Wives isn't always that bad. My very first story ever on Lit was actually in the category, and I had yet to even post in the AH before that story went up. I did get quite a few comments and emails that made me wonder, frown, and/or laugh. But it's got a red H (at least I think it still does), so I guess I didn't follow the formula for pissing off the readers. :p

Haven't had an LW story since, though. Nothing I've been inspired to write would fit there.

Loving Wives isn't always that bad. My very first story ever on Lit was actually in the category, and I had yet to even post in the AH before that story went up. I did get quite a few comments and emails that made me wonder, frown, and/or laugh. But it's got a red H (at least I think it still does), so I guess I didn't follow the formula for pissing off the readers. :p

Haven't had an LW story since, though. Nothing I've been inspired to write would fit there.

Well, you chose your moniker well, Slyc. But I ain't fallin' for it. :p I think I'll just revise the idea I have and work it into a romance instead. It would be more appreciated and I won't get some frustrated male sending me death wishes. :D

Btw, I checked. Unfortunately, you lost the red H for your one and only LW story. There's no pleasing that crowd and I'm not going to even try. Writing is hard work, and the work that comes after that is even harder, and I don't want my stories to be attacked as if I'd written a revision of Satan's Bible. :devil: {Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a coward - and proud of it! }

Well, you chose your moniker well, Slyc. But I ain't fallin' for it. :p I think I'll just revise the idea I have and work it into a romance instead. It would be more appreciated and I won't get some frustrated male sending me death wishes. :D

Btw, I checked. Unfortunately, you lost the red H for your one and only LW story.

Holy crap, you're right. It's at 4.36. :p

Ah, well.

Error with submitted story

I was wondering who'd be the first and how long it would take, but finally a reader has posted a comment that they didn't like the "centering" on the first page of Crazy for Daisies, my Earth Day submission, and claims to have stopped reading it.

This wasn't my doing . . . I submitted the file correctly. I guess The Powers That Be who publish the manuscripts forgot to close off the centering html {it's happened to me before}, but I didn't think it would be that annoying. Apparently, for that one reader who bothered to leave a comment, it was. At least, enough to make him stop reading. That's what he tells me, at least.

Anyway, I hope they'll correct it by tomorrow.

I had a similar problem. I wrote an erotic, two-part version of the Wizard of Oz, complete with different versions of the various songs, which I centered in the text. Unfortunately, some of the text following the lyrics was also centered, making for difficult reading. Never received a comment about that, but then, the views were -- and still are -- fairly low on it.

Holy crap, you're right. It's at 4.36. :p

Ah, well.

I'm just surprised you didn't know! It's your story, Slyc! lol But then again, you're such a prolific writer that you can't continue to keep track of everything you write. One day, when I grow up, I'll have a list of stories like yours.

Woohoooooo! I've just my 100th post! AND I'm glad it was with you, Slyc!

I'm just surprised you didn't know! It's your story, Slyc! lol But then again, you're such a prolific writer that you can't continue to keep track of everything you write. One day, when I grow up, I'll have a list of stories like yours.

Woohoooooo! I've just my 100th post! AND I'm glad it was with you, Slyc!

Yeah, I don't keep track like I used to. :p

Congrats on reaching 100. Now you can get yerself a groovy AV. ;)

I had a similar problem. I wrote an erotic, two-part version of the Wizard of Oz, complete with different versions of the various songs, which I centered in the text. Unfortunately, some of the text following the lyrics was also centered, making for difficult reading. Never received a comment about that, but then, the views were -- and still are -- fairly low on it.

Views are pretty good for Crazy for Daisies. I can't complain. 22,870, six comments, and good feedback so far, and it's only been up since last Tuesday. Of course, the score is LOW - at least, low enough to lose it's H with the slightest breeze. We'll see how it does after the contest is over. Scores usually jump up after a contest. Strange how that works, eh? :)

Yeah, I don't keep track like I used to. :p

Congrats on reaching 100. Now you can get yerself a groovy AV. ;)

Well, I ain't got no cool tats like you do, Slyc, so don't expect anything spectacular. lol

I'll prolly just put the pic of me in my signature as my AV and remove it from my sig.

Back