NYT opinion article on naked selfies and younger women politicians

I can't imagine putting anything that personal anywhere near the Cloud.

What I love is that it's probably more scandalous than the married male politician sending unwanted dickpics to his younger staff members.

I need this explained to me. I don't see how the conclusion comes from the assertion.

"I am sometimes naked" = "lack of professionalism" doesn't compute in my brain. I just need to know how you got there.

here, i'll explain it: jafo is an asshole.

I can't imagine putting anything that personal anywhere near the Cloud.

I can't imagine that there's a person alive without nude pics on the internet somewhere.

You're going to tell me that you really trust every ex you've ever had?

What I love is that it's probably more scandalous than the married male politician sending unwanted dickpics to his younger staff members.

Yeah, this is kind of where my disconnect is. There's literally nothing wrong with taking nudes. You're not hurting anybody. But there are people out here actually harassing folks and it's like... there's a huge difference because one of these things is nothing and the other is horrible.

Like I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how the existence of nudes is like... anything. Because I've thought about it and I just can't figure it out. It should be nothing. Like your reaction to hearing someone's nudes exist should be, "Were they leaked?" If the answer is 'yes' then it should be, "Fuck the person who leaked them" and if the answer is "no" it should be like... a sound of confirmation that that sure is a thing that exists that you don't feel any kind of way about because that just... is nothing.

The naked selfie that grows legs on social media (assuming it was taken and posted by the self in the selfie) could be the end of employment for a number of jobs. I would have a tough time preaching on Sunday if my squirrel suit pics hit the church website on Friday night. Those same squirrel suit pics will make me a foreman if I was an iron worker. Which I am not.

Seems to me that the employer who digs up your personal shit is the one who should be fired.

The naked selfie that grows legs on social media (assuming it was taken and posted by the self in the selfie) could be the end of employment for a number of jobs. I would have a tough time preaching on Sunday if my squirrel suit pics hit the church website on Friday night. Those same squirrel suit pics will make me a foreman if I was an iron worker. Which I am not.

For the longest time, I've thought that if someone at work knew I posted photos here, it would be the end of my job (in management anyway).

But a few months ago, I survived much worse, so I've adopted a more `fuck'im if they can't take a joke' attitude about it.

I can't imagine that there's a person alive without nude pics on the internet somewhere.

You're going to tell me that you really trust every ex you've ever had?

There's not a single one of me out there.

You can all breath a sigh of relief.

Back