The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have been a blast, but I have to get some sleep. Trying to catch up on it while the snore machine is out of town. ;)

Flooring has ceased for a few days - tis now Monday and we're almost out of nails (and down to our last drill bit, again!)

Thumb is purple and sore.

Flooring has ceased for a few days - tis now Monday and we're almost out of nails (and down to our last drill bit, again!)

Thumb is purple and sore.

How far do you have to travel for supplies?

Try those tungsen bits yet?

Yikes! Sorry sweetie. I know that hurts like the dickens. I dropped a 25lb weight on my foot at gym. Big toe swole up and the nail turned black and fell off. Not a pleasant experience. :(

About a 70 mile round trip. Local hardware store is useless (literally, they recently changed hands and seem hellbent on going out of business. They're not maintaing supplies at all).
Not sure what type of drill bits he's using, but we've broken off five or six now. The drill holes were smoking yesterday afternoon :eek:

Thumb would be OK, if it'd hurt all the time, but I keep forgetting it until I smack it on something.

About a 70 mile round trip. Local hardware store is useless (literally, they recently changed hands and seem hellbent on going out of business. They're not maintaing supplies at all).
Not sure what type of drill bits he's using, but we've broken off five or six now. The drill holes were smoking yesterday afternoon :eek:

Thumb would be OK, if it'd hurt all the time, but I keep forgetting it until I smack it on something.

Sounds like the bits were becoming dull--hence the increased friction--and the smoke.

Tungsten carbide bits are tough--won't snap when heated like steel bits.

I always keep a jar of Vaseline handy when I'm doin' a lot of drillin'. Stick the bits in it every 3 or 4 holes---helps the bit stay cool and extends the life. ;)

Makes one appreciate(and be aware of) an opposable thumb. :D

We're coming down the home stretch with the flooring now - only about another 800-1000 nail holes to go!

And if you're using HSS bits that are designed for metal, you're really slowing things down. What you need to cut quickly through hardwood flooring is brad-tip points. I can't even buy those in hardware stores here in SoCal except for Woodcraft. They have an online service www.woodcraft.com where you can expend money like it's going out of style . . . but the tools are first rate. Good building, Starr . . . and heal quick, luv. Smashed digits are nooooooo fun.

Once we get this done, we get to go throught he internal framing and replace all the propellors masquerading as straight. :rolleyes:

Then we start the internal wall sheeting (crap, there's a ton of it!) I'm angling serously to pay for a professional to come in and do that.

Drywall? Oh, God, no! Please see if you can talk SO into doing that professional. Putting up drywall is miserable. I know, I've done it and I won't do it again! The pros work so fast and make it look so easy . . . it's not. Let them do it.

Drywall? Oh, God, no! Please see if you can talk SO into doing that professional. Putting up drywall is miserable. I know, I've done it and I won't do it again! The pros work so fast and make it look so easy . . . it's not. Let them do it.

I second that motion.

The taping and corners alone are a bitchkitty.

I'd rather hang wallpaper. :D

I second that motion.

The taping and corners alone are a bitchkitty.

I'd rather hang wallpaper. :D

We've done a little bit of it. Hubby's done a bit more (worked as an offsider for a pro for a couple of weeks redoing a house).

I don't thnk he'll take too much convincing on the merits of paying to get it done. I hope.

We've done a little bit of it. Hubby's done a bit more (worked as an offsider for a pro for a couple of weeks redoing a house).

I don't thnk he'll take too much convincing on the merits of paying to get it done. I hope.

I'd push for it. That floor isn't any picnic--but hangin' drywall is worse.

A good crew can do 1/2 an average sized house in a day. Including ceilings--which are really hard to put up. :eek:

Yeah, I really don't want to know about ceilings. And this house isn't small. And drwywall busts easy.

Yeah, I really don't want to know about ceilings. And this house isn't small. And drwywall busts easy.

I does at that. Except when you want it to. :D

I'm off to bed starr.

Take care darlin' :kiss:

See you tomorrow.

Big party tonight get the green beer on tap and put up this banner

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back