Reading Books For Pleasure

I am going to do a little Hijacking here of the thread.

We all know that words have means and connations, making us think or even feel certain ways depending on how the user presents them. We also know that words carry power and can whip us up into a verbal frenzy if we let them. If you have seen the Movie Earth Sea then you know there that they also say that words can give you power over other things and even in the really real world this is true too. Many times words are chosen for a specific reason, SO I ask you this why did Laura Reese decided to title her book Panic Snap. This is sorta a precursor question to make you think and look for the what she is trying to tell us. I have my own thought just from looking at the book and reading into the fourth chapter, but hell I want to hear what you think about the title and cover art. So Fury maybe you can sweet talk our Moderators into moving this into that thread you wanted to start or just continue here??

raven2 said:
What was the other book, I also have a couple of more coming in a couple of days.

Breaking the Girl...It was a quick read for me....and I wasn't used to the format but enjoyed the power play as far as him "breaking" her walls down. Some of it I could have done without..but well...you know the genre so know to expect anything. Too bad I don't know ya better..now that I've read it I'm ready to give it away. I'd be happy to send it along. Usually I can pass books to friends but this will not be something I'm passing around. When I don't do that I donate it to charity but I don't think it's really goodwill reading material. *giggling*

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Breaking the Girl...It was a quick read for me....and I wasn't used to the format but enjoyed the power play as far as him "breaking" her walls down. Some of it I could have done without..but well...you know the genre so know to expect anything. Too bad I don't know ya better..now that I've read it I'm ready to give it away. I'd be happy to send it along. Usually I can pass books to friends but this will not be something I'm passing around. When I don't do that I donate it to charity but I don't think it's really goodwill reading material. *giggling*

Thansk for the offer. But I am sure you will find someone to give it to. :rose:

Oh babiesmiles ...

1556709048.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

*raises hand*

I will not ruin it for anyone but I am done with our book..and I'm not angry..but slightly annoyed. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about it.

Hisbabydoll26 said:
I will not ruin it for anyone but I am done with our book..and I'm not angry..but slightly annoyed. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about it.

Picked it up monday myself and was done Tuesday morning so if you want to talk about it you could alway do a PM.

I started the book today. So far so good. The writing is fine although some of the details are a little too convenient.

Fury :rose:

FurryFury said:
I'd rather wait till I've read more to guess at that.

No fun there I think the answer having read it is not the first mention but something she mighta said later. Fury total feel you today on the sinus thing, walked out of the house to go the library and damn allegries or something, could just about kill me. Runny nose and sneezing lot hopefully tomorrow whatever triggered it will be gone and I can enjoy the outside again.

Last edited:
So far I've found the book to be fairly well written and compelling. Do I feel it reflects my kind of BDSM so far? No.

What I'd really like to know is more about the author. What if anything does she know or has she experienced of BDSM? That's what I would love to know.

In the meantime, allowing for suspension of disbelief, that is necessary for most stories, it is a decent story.

FurryFury said:
So far I've found the book to be fairly well written and compelling. Do I feel it reflects my kind of BDSM so far? No.

What I'd really like to know is more about the author. What if anything does she know or has she experienced of BDSM? That's what I would love to know.

In the meantime, allowing for suspension of disbelief, that is necessary for most stories, it is a decent story.

Not enough bondage for you? Or is it the fact the bondage is all over the place?

FurryFury said:

I am going to start reading it tonight. I would do it today but will be going with my wife to her office and I don't think sitting around with that type of book in front of her employees would be appropriate. :D

leeroy jenkins said:
Not enough bondage for you? Or is it the fact the bondage is all over the place?

Bondage has nothing to do with it either way. I'm not that into bondage possibly because I've experienced very little of it. It doesn't fuel my fantasies like TONS of other things do however.

When I said it wasn't my BDSM, I meant, they didn't build a trust between them before starting. That is key for me. I won't say some of the scenes didn't have me wet-er and throbing but no trust, no BDSM for me. It's not enough to have desires or to be in lust. To step up and over that line there needs to be a relationship, respect and trust IMO.

raven2 said:
I am going to start reading it tonight. I would do it today but will be going with my wife to her office and I don't think sitting around with that type of book in front of her employees would be appropriate. :D

I hope you enjoy it! I think the cover just looks like a sexy thriller. I'd take it out and read it in public. Maybe your cover art is different.

FurryFury said:
I hope you enjoy it! I think the cover just looks like a sexy thriller. I'd take it out and read it in public. Maybe your cover art is different.

No I think the cover is the same. Blue with a whip on it. :)

FurryFury said:
Bondage has nothing to do with it either way. I'm not that into bondage possibly because I've experienced very little of it. It doesn't fuel my fantasies like TONS of other things do however.

When I said it wasn't my BDSM, I meant, they didn't build a trust between them before starting. That is key for me. I won't say some of the scenes didn't have me wet-er and throbing but no trust, no BDSM for me. It's not enough to have desires or to be in lust. To step up and over that line there needs to be a relationship, respect and trust IMO.

Well you are right on the trust point, not sure how she could have included that either with what the main char's trouble is.

Mine is sort of pink-ish purple, very glossy, almost metallic, with a lovely hot torso and a bit of a whip across it. I find it kind of subtle.

FurryFury said:
Mine is sort of pink-ish purple, very glossy, almost metallic, with a lovely hot torso and a bit of a whip across it. I find it kind of subtle.

Yes think they are the same.

WIll start to read tonight.

Last edited:
Last night while fucking, I found certain parts of the book sneaking into my fantasies. Niiiiice.

FurryFury said:
Last night while fucking, I found certain parts of the book sneaking into my fantasies. Niiiiice.

Very nice! Unfortunately fucking is not on my adgenda for a while. I would certainly have the pain but I seriously doubt there would be much pleasure. :p

raven2 said:
Very nice! Unfortunately fucking is not on my adgenda for a while. I would certainly have the pain but I seriously doubt there would be much pleasure. :p

So how about masturbation? Or how about your wife has an assignment to fuck you so that your knee is not involved? She has to do ALL the work?

FurryFury said:
So how about masturbation? Or how about your wife has an assignment to fuck you so that your knee is not involved? She has to do ALL the work?

What a nice thought. She did masturbation this morning but I still think that fucking is a couple of days off (would get too frisky :D)

Hvae gotten through the first part of Panic Snap but I keep drowsing off due to the pains meds I have to take. Will keep at it though. :rolleyes:

raven2 said:
Hvae gotten through the first part of Panic Snap but I keep drowsing off due to the pains meds I have to take. Will keep at it though. :rolleyes:

Cool! I'll have to look back and see if anyone else hasn't finished it yet. If you are the last one, I may start the discussion thread as soon as you are done.

Back