30 in 30 Companion Thread

Trixareforkids

Silly Rabbit
Yes I know one exists somewhere, but search hates me and after 5 tries I gave up :rolleyes:

So, since it seems that challenges are the best way to get people writing 'round here, I challenge you all to join Calli and I in the 30 in 30 :devil:

We're pulling mini challenges from the Challenge sticky thread to help us with inspiration. I'm starting with a series of epistles to my 3rd grade teacher :cool:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=998015

Last edited:
:eek:
Aw...t'anks, Trix...just a little something off-the-cuff, as they say...I like the idea you and Calli are having about using the mini-challenges.

:cool:

You've got a damn good cuff over there. Very, very nice.

Ms Giza sounds like a fun teacher, Trix. :) I liked your epistle. I'm pondering epistles, too.

Three very different first poems and all good reads, evoking different emotions and memories for me. Kudos and remember when all else fails, American Sentences are only 17 syllables, like haiku but (imo) easier). :) :rose:

Three very different first poems and all good reads, evoking different emotions and memories for me. Kudos and remember when all else fails, American Sentences are only 17 syllables, like haiku but (imo) easier). :) :rose:

I discovered those when I was going through Trix's poem challenge thread, and it immediately got added to my mini challenges list. :D

I discovered those when I was going through Trix's poem challenge thread, and it immediately got added to my mini challenges list. :D

Smart. And I love that you folks are looking at same title challenges for materials too. We should do one of those as a group again sometime. They're a lot of fun.

Smart. And I love that you folks are looking at same title challenges for materials too. We should do one of those as a group again sometime. They're a lot of fun.

I'm looking for all the prompts and help I can get. I literally hadn't written a poem in nearly twenty years (barely did back then, and I'm sure they weren't good) until last spring. I don't write a lot, and nearly everything I've written is posted here on Lit. There aren't very many. :)

I think one or two jaws may have dropped when I said I'd do this challenge. And, maybe mine, when I realized what I'd done. :eek:

I'm looking for all the prompts and help I can get. I literally hadn't written a poem in nearly twenty years (barely did back then, and I'm sure they weren't good) until last spring. I don't write a lot, and nearly everything I've written is posted here on Lit. There aren't very many. :)

I think one or two jaws may have dropped when I said I'd do this challenge. And, maybe mine, when I realized what I'd done. :eek:

Not mine. I just clapped my hands with glee. You can do it!

And Honey... You're next :D

I decided to record my poem from today, and edited the post to add the soundcloud link. :)

Calli I really like your 1-2, I Missed You Before We Met. It's a lovely sentiment and the poem flows well from line to line--very smooth. I also like the subtle rhyme. Nice reading, too. :)

Calli I really like your 1-2, I Missed You Before We Met. It's a lovely sentiment and the poem flows well from line to line--very smooth. I also like the subtle rhyme. Nice reading, too. :)

Thank you. :)

I've gotten some interesting feedback on it, and I've received some suggestions to consider for editing the last stanza. Though, none of them are the same, so that's going to be fun to ponder a bit.

Thank you. :)

I've gotten some interesting feedback on it, and I've received some suggestions to consider for editing the last stanza. Though, none of them are the same, so that's going to be fun to ponder a bit.

It's pretty rare to get the same opinions on edits here imo. It just comes with the territory, I guess--we all bring different experiences to a read and that's reflected in suggestions for changes. It helps me to put a poem aside (I almost never consider anything "finished"), sometimes for a long time. If I get some space from a poem I can view it more objectively, but maybe that's just me.

well Lyricalli I to thought it was a very great poem as well as a gentle and soft read ...

callie, 'To my parent's other child'... exquisite, well framed, titled, and, well, presented, ty

It's pretty rare to get the same opinions on edits here imo. It just comes with the territory, I guess--we all bring different experiences to a read and that's reflected in suggestions for changes. It helps me to put a poem aside (I almost never consider anything "finished"), sometimes for a long time. If I get some space from a poem I can view it more objectively, but maybe that's just me.

I'm going to keep the suggestions in the file with it, and think about it all sometime later. Thank you. :)

well Lyricalli I to thought it was a very great poem as well as a gentle and soft read ...

Thanks, Sinseria, I'm glad you liked it.

Back