Nude Beaches

Just below the University of British Columbia and near some of the most expensive real estate in the Pacific NorthWest, you will find Wreck Beach.

My family has a house and boat on Quadra Island, BC so I've been there. Also, and far more secluded, is Prideaux Haven at Desolation Sound (but you need a boat to get in there).

As recall, there's nude beach on Cortes Island and one on Hornby Island as well. We also stumbled on some gorgeous nude bathers on a big sandy beach at Subtle Island while, innocently enough, out jigging for Ling Cod. We thought about going back and indulging someday till we found out the whole island was privately owned.

Being naked

(Thanks for the contributions. Feel free to keep it going. If anyone knows of any in Europe in particular, I am selfishly interested.)

Try Greece, I’ve been nude on Mandraki Elias beach on Skiathos, their recognised natural beach is “Banana beach”

Europe has more than you can imagine.

For starters:
Red Beach, Crete, Greece (this is remote - take your refreshments!);
Filaki Beach, Crete, Greece;
Playa de Migjorn, Formentera, Spain (Nudist beaches are common but unofficial, generally, in the Balearics);
Es Trenc, Majorca, Spain (This is an official beach with designated areas);
Es Cavallet, Ibiza, Spain;
Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain;
Patara Beach, Turkey (this is 18km long - so if you want to be alone…);
Ahlbeck Beach, Ahlbeck/Usedom, Germany (split between Germany and Poland);
Plage de Tahiti, Saint-Tropez, France;
Leucate Plage, Leucate, France;
Paradise Beach, Mykonos, Greece;
Playa El Torn, Tarragona, Spain;
Buhne 16, Sylte, Kampen, Germany;
Vecaki beach, Vecaki, Latvia;
Bellevue Beach, Klampenborg, Denmark;
Playa de los Muertos, Almería, Spain;
Cap d'Agde, France;
Valalta, Rovinj, Croatia;
Spiaggia di Guvano, Corniglia, Italy;
Plage Linguizzetta, Corsica, France;
Mirtiotissa Beach, Corfu, Greece;
Alteirinhos, Zambujeira do Mar, Portugal;
Playa de la Tejita, Tenerife, Spain;
Ågesta Beach, Stockholm, Sweden;
Acquerelli, Capoliveri, Italy;
Bloemendaal aan Zee, Netherlands;
Rowy, Poland;
Ilha Deserta, Olhao, Algarve, Portugal;
Adegas Beach, Odeceixe, Portugal;
Cleat’s Shore, Isle of Arran, Scotland, UK;
Morfa Ganol, Wales, UK;
Wild Pear Beach, Devon, UK;
Blackgang Beach, Isle of Wight, UK;
and not forgetting,
Bournemouth, UK.

Europe is far more tolerant than the US from my experiences in North America a couple of decades ago, but things may have changed since!

Note that the Northern climes: UK, Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia, etc. you need to be more on the hardy side as it's not as conducive as the Mediterranean!

That list should get you intrigued!

Europe is far more tolerant than the US from my experiences in North America a couple of decades ago, but things may have changed since!

Note that the Northern climes: UK, Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia, etc. you need to be more on the hardy side as it's not as conducive as the Mediterranean!

Good list, I would add Studland Bay near Swanage - which is an official beach. There are plenty of unofficial beaches round the UK.

In my experience France, Germany, Denmark and Holland are very tolerant. Plenty of Greek islands and mainland Spain have places where it is the norm.

What I would say is don't equate nudist beaches with public sex, on many naturist beaches it is not encouraged and you might find angry people having a go at you.

I thought of Studland Bay after I'd posted.:)

The point on sex is apposite, I suspect it would be the more remote and hard-to-get-to beaches that would be the most tolerant, but as yet I've never seen it occur.

I've always thought that Patara Beach is the odd one out. Turkey being largely Muslim (and generally moderate), even topless is never actually visible, a nudist beach seems odd in that country. That said, Patara is enormous, and the public area is centred around the indifferent bar at the South end of the beach where the access road via the Lycian ruins ends, I suppose the other end of the beach would give more freedom, if you stay away from the river estuary where kayakers transit from river to the sea.
I just wouldn't like to be caught by the Jandarma (Police) whilst being a nudist or more while there!

003024FC00000258-0-image-a-66_1430006921979.jpg

Of course there are plenty worldwide that one can find online, but the internet is full of fake news, poor information, and confirmation bias. Why not start a database of places that people here in Lit have been to/know of to recommend to other Lit people? Feel free to contribute!

California, USA
Pirate's Cove: Next to Avila Beach outside of San Luis Obispo; a short hike but a beautiful little cove

Hippy Hollow ———Lake Travis —right west of Austin Texas

Not an official one really but plenty of outlets on Holter Lake in Montana that have beaches or shallow sandy areas that are great for privacy and being nude if you want.

Sunnyside Beach North in Mount Martha, Victoria (Melbourne) is an official clothing optional beach in metropolitan Melbourne.

Nora Creina Beach by Lake St Clair/Sunland Nudist Resort in Nora Creina, South Australia (Robe and Beachport area) is formal.

Balding Bay, Magnetic Island (Townsville), Queensland is an informal nude beach.

I live on my sailboat, currently in Grenada so basically everyday I wake up on a nude beach if I want.

As far as beaches go, the best I've found in the US is Haulover in Miami. Officially sanctioned as clothing optional, on a nice day there are thousands of folks there. Not a place to play at although the fish get some exciting shows.

If privacy is a concern, from the Bahamas south, there are thousands of small islands that will delight you.

Don't forget your sunscreen.

Sailor

Gentlemen don't be too enthusiastic with the sunscreen on your family jewels as it is frowned upon ,and can get you barred or arrested .
As for beaches I prefer the French ones to any others in Europe .

For starters:
Red Beach, Crete, Greece (this is remote - take your refreshments!);
Filaki Beach, Crete, Greece;
Playa de Migjorn, Formentera, Spain (Nudist beaches are common but unofficial, generally, in the Balearics);
Es Trenc, Majorca, Spain (This is an official beach with designated areas);
Es Cavallet, Ibiza, Spain;
Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain;
Patara Beach, Turkey (this is 18km long - so if you want to be alone…);
Ahlbeck Beach, Ahlbeck/Usedom, Germany (split between Germany and Poland);
Plage de Tahiti, Saint-Tropez, France;
Leucate Plage, Leucate, France;
Paradise Beach, Mykonos, Greece;
Playa El Torn, Tarragona, Spain;
Buhne 16, Sylte, Kampen, Germany;
Vecaki beach, Vecaki, Latvia;
Bellevue Beach, Klampenborg, Denmark;
Playa de los Muertos, Almería, Spain;
Cap d'Agde, France;
Valalta, Rovinj, Croatia;
Spiaggia di Guvano, Corniglia, Italy;
Plage Linguizzetta, Corsica, France;
Mirtiotissa Beach, Corfu, Greece;
Alteirinhos, Zambujeira do Mar, Portugal;
Playa de la Tejita, Tenerife, Spain;
Ågesta Beach, Stockholm, Sweden;
Acquerelli, Capoliveri, Italy;
Bloemendaal aan Zee, Netherlands;
Rowy, Poland;
Ilha Deserta, Olhao, Algarve, Portugal;
Adegas Beach, Odeceixe, Portugal;
Cleat’s Shore, Isle of Arran, Scotland, UK;
Morfa Ganol, Wales, UK;
Wild Pear Beach, Devon, UK;
Blackgang Beach, Isle of Wight, UK;
and not forgetting,
Bournemouth, UK.

holy fuck ... this s big list

I don't suppose anyone knows any in Oceania (other than Australian/New Zealand).

There are a reasonable number. Just google what region you are interested in and it will be there. I can provide a few in NZ and some in Australia if you like.

Per NOAA, there's 33,904 miles of shoreline in my state. That's ocean-front, not any inland lakes shoreline. And, not much of it has any people around it. It just doesn't matter if you're wearing any clothes.

Last edited:

Good list, I would add Studland Bay near Swanage - which is an official beach. There are plenty of unofficial beaches around the UK.

In my experience, France, Germany, Denmark and Holland are very tolerant. Plenty of Greek islands and mainland Spain have places where it is the norm.

What I would say is don't equate nudist beaches with public sex, on many naturist beaches it is not encouraged and you might find angry people having a go at you.

Best time to visit Studland Bay is during the week. Not so busy and more 'true' nudists there so women can enjoy themselves without those annoying Meerkat voyeurs!

You are so right about Europe - more tolerant and easy to mix and make friends. My wife feels more comfortable there as well.

Soon be summer and so be able to stay nude longer

Club Orient. St Marteen :cool:

Seconded. Our favorite beach in the Caribbean (so far).

Little Beach, Maui, Hawaii. Go to Big Beach. Turn right (as facing the ocean), walk to the rocks, climb over the rocks and then down. Quite a few people on weekends, not so many on weekdays.

James

Best time to visit Studland Bay is during the week. Not so busy and more 'true' nudists there so women can enjoy themselves without those annoying Meerkat voyeurs!
Good point about the Meerkats, we've had a couple of annoying instances of them popping up - including one with a camera. To be honest one of them seemed more interested in me than the women.

Back