Epidemy of spam in the stories comments

whywouldi

Really Really Experienced
There seems to be an epidemy of spam in the stories comments; comments such as
"I am looking for a mature man! I have a profile on another site - <link removed> - I am a very cheerful person. If you like me, I will enchant you and more than once!:)"

These comments are posted as anonymous. Maybe it is time to change the capcha system or to force commenters to be logged on ?

Thank you for the report. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution now. :D

It's the same in the german Part of literotica. There have the comments same text, but in german.

Agree

Seriously bored with these messages now asking for a mature man, blah,blah,blah. Every time I publish a story I get one. Surely it can be stopped now. Very frustrating,

It's nice to be free of the spam

But I'm starting to think the cure is worse than the disease.

We are currently running at several hours between batches of moderated comments which have had all the annoying 'looking for a mature man' etc spam deleted. Then the batch is posted and it overflows the Public Feedback Portal, which is (to my mind) one of the best features of the Literotica site.

I have suggested elsewhere that the list of 'Latest Fifteen Comments' be expanded to fifty.

Responding with a comment to a previous comment is hardly worth while now with this delay.

If it can't be done in real time and has to be done manually in batches, I would prefer to live with the spam.

Lue

I would imagine that you're in a distinct minority when it comes to viewing the comment portal, and an even smaller minority ( mostly confined to the LW category ) who uses it to find comments to respond to. For the majority of users ( especially authors ) the cure is most welcome.

I wouldn't mind seeing the comment portal expanded, as I use it to help gauge reader responses to certain fetishes, scenarios, styles, etc., but I doubt it's even a blip on the radar of the priority list.

But I'm starting to think the cure is worse than the disease.

We are currently running at several hours between batches of moderated comments which have had all the annoying 'looking for a mature man' etc spam deleted. Then the batch is posted and it overflows the Public Feedback Portal, which is (to my mind) one of the best features of the Literotica site.

I have suggested elsewhere that the list of 'Latest Fifteen Comments' be expanded to fifty.

Responding with a comment to a previous comment is hardly worth while now with this delay.

If it can't be done in real time and has to be done manually in batches, I would prefer to live with the spam.

Lue

Website filter

I’ve just posted a comment in the “comments moderated” thread which may, or may not, be feasible. I would copy it to here but my tech ability is limited.

Back