Another Vice (Closed for EroticLiteracy)

BlondeAmbition4RP

Primadonna Girl
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Posts
3,242
http://youtu.be/RwN8VgFKlpg

Bonnie McAdams was sitting in one of the sound booths on the twenty-third floor of Rebel Records, sipping on a bottle of Fiji water, and praying that the extra-strength Tylenol her assistant had given her as they road over to the label from Bonnie's downtown luxury apartment just a short while ago would hurry up and kick in already. She had the hangover from Hell, and she didn't know how she was going to be able to make it through this meeting today if it didn't.

"I think you're really going to like this one! Real upbeat, and with a good chorus hook. Has a lot of potential to be another pop crossover hit for you!" her manager said in a loud and chipper tone before turning on another track for her to listen to.

Bonnie tried not to glare at her manager as she sank further back against the arched back of the plush leather couch that she sat in with a long suffering sigh. It wouldn't have really mattered anyway though since her long lashed, blue-green eyes were currently covered up completely by large rimmed dark shades that she continued to wear despite the fact that she'd been indoors for quite a while now.

As always her manager Rick was full of energy and enthusiasm. It was something she'd always loved about him in the past, back when she'd first signed and was new to the music biz, but now it just made her head hurt.

More and more recently she'd been staying out late partying all night with her entourage and then showing up late and hungover the next day to meetings, rehearsals, and recordings; but no one ever said anything to her about it. They didn't dare. She was the number one cash cow at this record label, and no one was going to risk upsetting her by confronting her about it. Besides, as long as she continued to pop out number one hits like she'd been doing since she first signed with the label as a teenager, why would they care? Money was the only thing anyone really cared about in this business, and as long as she kept making it for them they were going to let her do whatever she liked.

"Excuse me Rick, but I need to go powder my nose," Bonnie said, not even waiting for a reply before she got up mid song and headed out the sound room door and down the main hall towards the ladies room, deciding that she needed a break.

She tossed her long waves over her shoulder in a frustrated gesture as she walked. The sound of the heels of her black boots clicking on the floor announced her arrival, and others quickly parted and got out of her way. Everyone knew to steer clear when she was in a mood like today. She could feel their eyes on her though. One of the prices of stardom, you were never going to be able to escape having everyone's eyes on you. Though with her long legs, classic peaches and cream complexion, blonde hair, and lithe figure; which was currently displayed nicely by the black designer skinny jeans and navy fitted satin blouse that she wore tucked in at the waist, no doubt she would have caught people's eye even if she wasn't a star.

Right before passing in front of the elevators she took off her sun glasses for a moment, closing her tired eyes and rubbing at her temple gently as she attempted to releave some of the pressure there. Eyes still closed, she vaguely registered hearing the soft beep indicating that someone was getting off on the floor when... BAM!

She collided full on with the person coming off of the elevator, stumbling against them and spilling the water bottle she'd still been holding.

"Hey, watch where you're going! Don't you know..."

Her voice trailed off suddenly as she looked up and locked eyes with the person she'd just ran into.
 
“How long will you be gone?”

Adam paused his hands holding a small bundle of clothes he was getting ready to put into his simple duffel suitcase. The large broad man turned his sea blue eyes taking in the young pre teen girl currently hanging by his door frame.

“Not very long I promise” Adam said his voice soft and warm. For a man who cut such an impressive figure he looked more like a big teddy bear. His eyes were soft and warm, his smile friendly and modest. He chucked the rest of his clothing in his duffel bag and went over gently placing his hand on her shoulder.

“I promise sis I’ll come for you and ma as soon as I can” Adam told her giving her shoulder a squeeze “Just stay out of her way until then and go see Aunt Rose if she goes on one of her drunken rages”

His sister Elise lower lip trembled. For a girl on the cusp of being a teenager she seemed to small and slight. Her clothing hung off her body a testament of their second-hand status. He reached out cupping her face and bringing her in for a big warm hug.

“I promise Elise” Adam said wrapping his large forearms around her “As soon as I can I’ll bring you up. It’s going to be different you and me in the heart of music itself. We’ll get Mama into treatment…. You’ll see”

She nodded her head burying herself deeper into his hug. He held her for a few seconds patting and rubbing her back before finally letting her go. His thumb reached up gently wiping the single tear running down her cheek.

“Don’t cry Ellie bear” Adam told her chuckling “Remember were partners I can’t very well be a famous country singer without my song writer can I?”

For the first time since he announced he was leaving she smiled.

“Better not forget it” She said poking him in the chest “I’ll be here cooking up songs that’ll make you famous”

“Of course, sis” He told her laughing.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way”
……………………………………………….
“I’m leaving”

He wasn’t sure if she was awake or even aware of him. From her slumped over shoulders and her still position on the couch she could just as easily be passed out once more.

He sighed and set his duffel bag down. He walked over grabbing the beat up old afghan they kept draped over the couch and came around to her side. His eyes took her in, her spoiled dirty clothing and the bottle of whiskey her long nimble fingers were currently wrapped around.

It was hard to believe those hands once made beautiful music.

He gently laid the blanket over her carefully trying not to wake her up. Once she was covered he leaned down gently kissing her forehead.

“Bye ma….”

Her eyes suddenly flung open, her hand shot out grabbing onto his wrist with a death grip. He tried to pull away but she held on her eyes wild and unfocused as she began to murmur under her breath.

“Jack… Jack… Where are you Jack?!”

“Jack’s dead” Adam said his tone soft but firm “Jack died ten years ago your dreaming Ma…. Just close your eyes”

He repeated his words over and over again until she finally relaxed. Eventually her eyes dimmed going from feral to blank and expressionless. She released her vice like grip and finally slumped back against the couch. The bottle fell from her hands and Adam caught it placing it on their dirty ash stained coffee table and moving away from her.

He winced taking in the red marks on his wrist. He swore under his breath and quickly moved back to his duffel bag. He grabbed it heading to the door and opening it just as his mom spoke once more.

“My boy….”

“My star”
………………………………………
Twenty-Four Hours Later

“Sir you need to keep the line moving”

Adam ignored the women and the disgruntled look aimed his way by the various people in the line. He took in the airport once more finding new delights in every little detail. There was… just so MUCH to be seen. From the various advertisements promising exciting ports of call both in the great United States and internationally, to the people of all walks, lives, and nationality going about their business. The airport was a cornucopia of sights and smells for the small town hunk.

“Sir!”

“awh shucks” He said blushing as he noticed the sour faced security guard watching him “I’m sorry”

He moved forward pulling out the planes ticket the studio sent him.

“I just… I never been in an airport! I mean not counting the one I flew into Nashville on! But that one was small… more like my old grandpa’s two seater. This place is huge!” He said jabbering nonstop as he handed over his ticket.

“Uh huh”

“I mean yall got flights going EVERYWHERE” Adam said continuing with little thought to the complete lack of care the security guard was trying to convey to him.

“Uh huh”

“Course this is going to be my new home town so I guess I have to get used to that city living” Adam said happily bouncing on the balls of his feet “Say you know a good food place? Any hints you can give a newbie like me?”

“Don’t become a musician” The guard replied stamping his ticket and handing it back to him “Have a good day sir”

Adam took the ticket back frowning as he moved through the line. What did he mean? By not becoming a musician? They were in the music capital of the world! What else COULD you be in Nashville.

“Oh well” He said shrugging his large shoulders “No sense in dwelling on it I have a studio rep to meet!”

He went through the rest of the terminal stopping several times to take his picture with the various statues and famous icons. Eventually he found the place to get his bags and after securing his simple duffel and beat up old guitar case went to the meeting place the studio rep told him about.

“Adam my boy!”

Tim Grawl was waiting along with a man in a suit. The man in the suit was holding a simple white placard that had his name in bright blue letters. They were standing with a bunch of men in similar suits all holding signs with other people’s names on them. Were there more singers coming like him?

“Good morning Mr. Grawl” Adam said his smile growing larger as he walked over and gripped the older man’s hand “I can’t believe I am here thank you so much for bringing me out!”

“You got no one to thank but yourself kid” Mr. Grawl said running a hand through his balder hair as he shook Adam’s hand “it’s your hair work that got us here well and my excellent taste of talent!

“Oh yes sir!” Adam said enthusiastically “Uh…. What’s with all the suits? Are we picking up more people?”

“Picking up more?” Mr. Grawl said his tone confusion. Seconds later understanding dawned in his eyes and he laughed.

“First time out of the country side isn’t it?”

“Yes sir!” Adam said not sure what that had to do with the other suits “I haven’t left my home town except for some high school stuff”

“Those are limo drivers” Mr. Grawl explained as the man holding Adam’s card gave a curt nod “There not with us they just wait for executives and business men who have signed up for a ride with them”

“Wow” Adam whistled shaking his head “So were going to be driving in a limo?”

“How bout I show you” Mr. Grawl replied
……………………………………………………
“Holy cow!”

Adam moved around the lush leather seats exploring the limo his eyes alight with pleasure and wonder. Mr. Grawl watched from the seat tapping on his phone and smiling as Adam explored. Eventually the young man relaxed taking advantage of the luxurious leather seats to look out at the city.

“Were going straight to the record studio” Mr. Grawl explained his eyes never leaving his phone “After we get a recording in I’ll show you to the hotel were putting you up at”

“How soon can I look at houses?” Adam asked his eyes moving from the city to Mr. Grawl “Or I guess the better question is how long until I know if I am being signed on?”

“These things move slowly” Mr. Grawl said finally tearing his eyes off of his phone “You wow them and show your good to work with and things will move much more quickly I know about your… situation and I promise I’ll do everything in my power to expedite things”

“Of course,” Adam replied his tone honest and sincere “I trust you Mr. Grawl I can’t thank you enough for the opportunity your giving me”

“Like I said boy it was just as much you as it was me” Mr. Grawl replied his eyes already back on his phone “If you look out the window we should be nearing the studio now….”

“I see it” Adam replied his eyes widening in pure pleasure as the building appeared.

It stood tall and proud amongst the building and sky scrapers of the city. Rebel Records was one of the premier recording studios in the world. Even in the musical capital it still cut a highly impressive proud figure.

They drove into a car lot built below the sky scraper itself. From there things moved quickly. Mr. Grawl had Adam change exchanging his comfy airport clothes for a pair of tight blue jeans and a tight simple black T shirt. He made sure to wear his good luck charm his mother’s old guitar pick and his father’s wedding band. He kept them tied to his neck with a simple silver chain.

Once he was dressed Mr. Grawl ushered him into an elevator at the end of the car lot. It was a short ride up but Mr. Grawl wasted no time giving him some last-minute pointers.

“Be polite but not robotic”

“Be yourself but respectable”

“Don’t forget-“

Before he could finish that one the elevator dinged and slid open. Adam all but burst out eager to get away from Mr. Grawl and the nervous way he was talking. Adam wasn’t one to get nervous easily however a combination of being a fish out of water, Mr. Grawl own nerves, and this being the biggest opportunity of his life had stroked the fires of nerves in his belly. So intent he was on getting lut of the elevator that he didn’t notice the girl barreling straight towards him.

She crashed into him stumbling back. His hands reached out on his own accord grabbing her by her hips and keeping her from falling. His eyes, those warm sea blue eyes ran up and down her form taking her in and assessing her as he kept her from falling over. He vaguely became aware that the front of his shirt was stained with water as well as the crotch of his blue jeans. He blushed a bit as he noticed the blue leather tightening showing off his… ahem to every one walking by.

“Awh shucks I’m so sorry about that” He replied his accent thick because of his nerves “You okay Ma’am?”

“Oh shit Ms. Mcadams!” Mr. Grawl said rushing out and looking terrified “Are you okay? I am so sorry he’s new to the building”

“But she ran into me?” Adam said his tone confused as he glancing over at Mr. Grawl.

“Kid….” Mr. Grawl growled in a whisper “That’s Bonnie Mcadams!”

“Bonnie….” Adam said rubbing the back of his head as he tried to understand who Mr. Grawl was talking about.

Then the name connected.

“Ohhhhh” He said glancing back at the girl “You’re that famous pop star! My little sister loves your music! God she is going to tear me a new one for getting water all over you!”
 
Bonnie stared up into the warm sea-blue eyes of the young man that she had accidentally ran into as she felt two large, strong, and equally warm hands gripping her hips and steadying her to keep her from falling. Those mesmerizing eyes moved over her, seeming to be assessing her and checking to make sure that she was alright after their collision, her pulse quickening as they did. Her own eyes took a moment to take him in as well, appreciating the way that the wet shirt clung to his broad chest before drifting lower and appreciating the view there as well.

“Awh shucks I’m so sorry about that” He replied his accent thick because of his nerves “You okay Ma’am?”

His words making her realize herself, she quickly brought her gaze back up to his face, straightening herself and taking a step back so that she was no longer in his grasp. She didn't have time to respond before Tim Grawl suddenly came rushing over and apologizing for the guy that she'd ran into. Looks like the guy must be a new client of Tim's then. She watched the exchange between the two, a small smirk of amusement creeping onto her rosy bow-shaped lips despite herself as the guy seemed confused at first but then suddenly realized who she was.

“Ohhhhh” He said glancing back at the girl “You’re that famous pop star! My little sister loves your music! God she is going to tear me a new one for getting water all over you!”

"Your sister and my stylist," she grumbled as she looked down at the front of her damp satin blouse, blushing a bit herself as she noticed the way the wet fabric clung to her chest just as his did.

"But it's just water, so I suppose it will be fine once it air dries," she commented with a shrug a she crossed her arms over her chest to conceal herself and brought her gaze back up to his. If it wasn't she would just send her assistant out to buy her a new one and bring it to her to change into before she left the studio that day, just in case they ran into any paparazzi on the way back to her place...which they usually did.

"I guess it serves me right for not looking where I was going."
 
Last edited:
"As my pa always said it takes two to tango" He replied averting his eyes as he watched her shirt mold against her breast. His hands went up to the back of his neck rubbing his shoulders as he nervously looked away.

"Again so sorry to bother you" Tim Grawl said using the time to intercede and tug on Adam's hand "We need to get going Adam"

"Hold on" He said his powerful forearm flexing as he shrugged the older man off "I dont know why your so eager to get away from the lady its not the most respectful you know"

He set his guitar case down popping it open and pulling out a simply rag. He handed it to her and smiled.

"Least a gentleman can do is give the lady something to wipe herself off with!" Adam exclaimed oblivious to the flare Tim was giving and the shocked look of the people in the hall.

"Ah shit" He said his eyes lighting up with a sudden thought "Dont suppose I could buy an autograph off of you can I? My sister would be mighty mad at me if she found out I met ya and didnt get a autograph. I know your a big wig and all and probably here it all the time but I am sure I can make it worth your wild! I got some cash on me... Or hell we could do a song together! My pa always said aint no better gift then getting to make some beautiful music with one another"
 
Bonnie was surprised when Adam shrugged off Tim's shoulder and accused his manager of being disrespectful to Bonnie. She was even more surprised when he opened up his guitar case and pulled out a simple but clean rag that looked like it might have been a t-shirt of his in a former life and offered it to her to dry off with. She took the rag out of pure reflex as he handed it to her, looking down at it and scrutinizing it for a moment before looking up at him again to find him smiling at her. He did so with such warmth and genuineness that she couldn't help but find herself smiling back a bit despite herself, the smile growing when she noticed with amusement the way Tim was glaring at his client and then coming out completely when he suddenly swore. Everyone at the label were always so careful to mind their P's and Q's around her these days. What the others around them probably saw as a lack of tact on his part, she was actually finding kind of refreshing.

"Dont suppose I could buy an autograph off of you can I? My sister would be mighty mad at me if she found out I met ya and didnt get a autograph. I know your a big wig and all and probably here it all the time but I am sure I can make it worth your wild! I got some cash on me... Or hell we could do a song together! My pa always said aint no better gift then getting to make some beautiful music with one another"

Bonnie smirked, her eyebrow arching in amusement at the suggestion as she dabbed at herself with the rag that he had given her.

"You must be pretty sure of yourself, suggesting to the label's top selling artist that doing a song together would be a gift to her," she teased him, "Most people would probably say it was the other way around."

She smiled and held the rag back out to him.

"Thank you...and I'd be happy to sign an autograph for your sister, no payment necessary."
 
“Im afraid I can’t do that Ma’am” Adam said smiling softly as she offered to give him an autograph at no cost.

“Pops always said you don’t get something for nothing” Adam replied oblivious to the way it sounded and the stared he was getting from everyone around him. Mr. Grawl looked near to fainting his mouth comically hanging open as if he his tongue was suddenly cut out. Adam took the rag back and tucked it into his jeans his smile still on his face as he hefted his suitcase up.

“I have no idea what big fancy room there putting me up in” He said gesturing with his chin down the hall “But if you change your mind about that song for an autograph you know where to find me… If not I’ll be seeing you Ms. Bonnie”
He inclined his head at her once more before moving down the hall. Mr. Grawl followed after still apologizing to Bonnie under his breath as they walked down the hall.

“Might want to tell me what room were recording in” Adam said doing his best not to laugh at the over excited music manager “Or else I’m liable to keep going and find ANOTHER pop artist to run into”

Mr. Grawl moved at his words leading the way to the sound booth. He all but shoved the larger country singer in slamming the door behind him and looking somewhat relieved to have the down-home country boy contained in one room.

“If your done making waves” Mr. Grawl said pointing to the booth “Perhaps you would like to do some singing?”

“Though you would never ask” Adam replied with a smile. He unlatched his guitar case once more pulling his signature instrument out and sliding the strap over his shoulders. The young man took the time to say hello to the engineers in the sound booth saying hello to each and every one of them before he finally went through the door and into the sound proof stage.

“Go ahead whenever you’re ready” Mr. Grawl said sliding into the chair and pulling on the headset.

“You got it boss” Adam said his fingers running over the guitar strands. He closed his eyes and breathed out letting the world wash away until nothing existed but him and the music. His fingers began to move on their own accord plucking and creating beautiful heartfelt music as he lost himself in the rhythm. His mouth began to move singing out a song of lost love and friendship as he kept his eyes closed.
 
“Im afraid I can’t do that Ma’am” Adam said smiling softly as she offered to give him an autograph at no cost.

“Pops always said you don’t get something for nothing” Adam replied oblivious to the way it sounded and the stared he was getting from everyone around him. Mr. Grawl looked near to fainting his mouth comically hanging open as if he his tongue was suddenly cut out. Adam took the rag back and tucked it into his jeans his smile still on his face as he hefted his suitcase up.

“I have no idea what big fancy room there putting me up in” He said gesturing with his chin down the hall “But if you change your mind about that song for an autograph you know where to find me… If not I’ll be seeing you Ms. Bonnie”
He inclined his head at her once more before moving down the hall. Mr. Grawl followed after still apologizing to Bonnie under his breath as they walked down the hall.

“Might want to tell me what room were recording in” Adam said doing his best not to laugh at the over excited music manager “Or else I’m liable to keep going and find ANOTHER pop artist to run into”

Mr. Grawl moved at his words leading the way to the sound booth. He all but shoved the larger country singer in slamming the door behind him and looking somewhat relieved to have the down-home country boy contained in one room.

“If your done making waves” Mr. Grawl said pointing to the booth “Perhaps you would like to do some singing?”

“Though you would never ask” Adam replied with a smile. He unlatched his guitar case once more pulling his signature instrument out and sliding the strap over his shoulders. The young man took the time to say hello to the engineers in the sound booth saying hello to each and every one of them before he finally went through the door and into the sound proof stage.

“Go ahead whenever you’re ready” Mr. Grawl said sliding into the chair and pulling on the headset.

“You got it boss” Adam said his fingers running over the guitar strands. He closed his eyes and breathed out letting the world wash away until nothing existed but him and the music. His fingers began to move on their own accord plucking and creating beautiful heartfelt music as he lost himself in the rhythm. His mouth began to move singing out a song of lost love and friendship as he kept his eyes closed.
 
Bonnie was about as dumbfounded as Mr. Grawl and the rest of the onlookers as Adam turned down a free autograph from her. That was definitely a new one. She wasn't used to people turning down an autograph from her and, more importantly, she wasn't used to being told no. Still, she wasn't mad. As a celebrity she was surrounded all day long by people that were intimidated by her stardom or just trying to see what they could get out of her. It was refreshing to meet someone that was neither of those things.

"Is this guy for real?" she murmured under her breath to herself, watching him as he went down the hall and taking note of which studio booth he went into.

She couldn't help it now, she was curious. Walking back to the room where her assistant and manager were waiting on her she explained she was going to need a little while longer before resuming their meeting and asked her assistant for one of the head-shots she knew the woman always kept on her and a pen. She then made her way down the hall to the room she'd seen Adam and Mr. Grawl duck into. She slowly opened the door, not bothering to knock, and walked inside before shutting it behind her. Adam was already in the sound proof stage, his eyes closed as he plucked out a melody on his guitar. She began to walk further into the room, but then he opened his mouth and began to sing and she froze.

Her eyes glued on him, all thoughts of anyone else in the room were completely forgotten. He sang with such raw talent and emotion that she was instantly transfixed. She felt his voice and the lyrics of the song flow and seep into her, warming her insides like a glass of good bourbon. She shifted slightly where she stood, the intimate feeling making her uncomfortable.
 
He didn’t notice her. He didn’t notice anyone. The down-home country boy was completely lost in the world of his own music. He poured everything he had into every string, every syllable that dropped from his mouth was heartfelt and sincere. A sense of real intimacy crept through the room touching each and every one of them down to their bones. At first he sang about heart ache and loss revealing truths about himself that any one truly listening could hear. The song changed after a while from heart ache to seductive. He sang of lovers a song that alluded to a deep passionate love making.

With one final hum he ended the song. His fingers stopped moving and the song ended the music fading as he slowly opened his eyes.

“That’s what I’m talking about” Mr. Grawl said a large smile splitting his features as he grinned at the boy “Excellent work Adam!”

“Ah its nothing” Adam said with a wave of his hand as he slid off of the chair. His were bright and happy euphoric even from the singing he just did. He noticed her quickly enough and his smile grew larger.

“Come in!” He told her beckoning her with his hand as he slid his guitar into a spare stand “Did ya change your mind about my offer?”
 
Bonnie blinked as the spell that Adam had cast with his voice faded, absolutely dumbfounded. She'd been unable to suppress the small shiver than ran down her spine during his ending refrain, and her skin still felt flushed even now after the song was over. She hoped to God she wasn't blushing. She couldn't remember the last time a song had effected her in such a way, pouring straight into her soul it seemed.

She was unsure how to respond to his question. The idea of taking him up on his offer and singing a song with him excited her, but it was also a little scary if she was honest. She was a kind of rusty when it came to song writing these days. The music just didn't seem to flow from her like it used to. The label might market her as writing her own songs still, but technically she was just 'collaborating' with professional song writers that she let do most of the work for her. She did her best not to let it show though, casting him a one of her famous megawatt smiles instead as she made her way further into the room.

"Maybe. Thought I would come have a listen and make up my mind after seeing what you're made of for myself," she teased with a grin, "Brought a headshot with me just in case... What did you say your sister's name was?"

She pulled out a pen from her back pocket to sign with.
 
At the mention of a signature he smiled larger. He rose out of his chair towering over her as he scooted the chair back to make room for her.

“Her name is Elise” Adam said his pointed chin moving as he said her name. His eyes shone with his affection for her a deep warmth that betrayed just how important her sister was to him. A prideful smile crossed over his face his white teeth shining as he took another sip of water.

“You are one of her biggest inspirations you know” He told Bonnie his chest rumbling as he spoke “One of the first gals to make it to the big time all on her own. It’ll mean the world to her I promise”

He took another swig from his water bottle before continuing.

“I told you though… I believe in fair trade” He said nodding at the guitar on the stand “If you’re going to be signing things I want to perform with you. That is if a big star like you doesn’t mind work with a small-time guy like me”

His words were challenging but good natured. The way he smiled at her was a true smile the kind of smile you would get from a relative or best friend. Things like worry or fear didn’t seem to factor into his decision making. Yet his eyes commanded great strength and resolve.

As if she didn’t have a choice.

“You guys ready for another set?” He asked turning from her and ignoring the incredulous look aimed his way by Mr. Grawl.

He picked up his guitar once more hefting it in his hands as he slid back into his stool. He turned to her one eyebrow raised as he waited for her.
 
Bonnie arched her eyebrow back at Adam in return, once again marveling at how confident he seemed in himself and how unfazed he seemed to be by her stardom. He didn't treat her like a celebrity. He treated her like she was just a normal person, joked and smiled at her like she was someone he'd known his whole life, and surprisingly enough...she liked it.

She made him wait for just a moment longer before a hint of an amused smile appeared on her lips and she walked over to one of the nearby workstations, using the flat surface to sign the headshot she'd brought with her.

"To Elise. Thanks for being such a great fan, and never give up on your dream! XO, Bonnie," she read aloud as she signed the photo before straightening again and walking over to join him.

"Lets get one thing straight cowboy," she told him in a serious tone as she handed him the picture, "Like the writing says this signature isn't for you, it's for Elise. A fan...and I never would have made it to where I am today if it wasn't for the support of fans like her. As far as I'm concerned it's more than a 'fair trade' as you said, so singing with you..."

She smiled at him.

"Singing with you I'm going to do because feel like it, pure and simple."
 
Last edited:
He smiled at her words a big handsome grin lighting up his features as he swung his guitar strap over his shoulders. He didn’t seem upset or even angry at her words.

If anything he seemed a little proud

“Bonnie Mcadams you are a delight!” Adam said drawing out her name as he settled back into his chair. He shifted his forearms bulging as he ran his fingers down the simple guitar strings. His eyes locked with hers burning with intensity as he began to string a beat together and increase the tempo. Inside the both the technicians scrambled hurriedly setting up for another set as the lights dimmed.

Once he was ready he began to string out a sweet serenade. His voice became deep and husky a primal call for her that reflected in his stance. He sang to her, sang about sinful lust and deep romance his eyes never moving off of her as he waited for her to join in.
 
As the lights lowered and Adam's fingers ran along the guitar strings Bonnie's heart pounded in her chest, wondering what on earth she had gotten herself into. It was then that her gaze moved from watching his fingers playing upon the guitar to his face.

He was looking at her, his eyes staring deeply into her own. She found herself getting lost in them, unable to break away. A thrill of excitement ran down her spine as she felt the small flame that he'd ignited within her when he sang earlier beginning to grow in response, and absentmindedly she began to hum along. She could feel herself getting swept up into the melody of the song that he had begun to form and the sultriness of his voice and lyrics when suddenly...music began to rise up in answer from within her, flowing into her mind and then out of her lips as she joined him.

Bonnie's heart swelled, the flame inside it blazing brighter in response as their song progressed. Everything and everyone else in the room seemed dim in comparison to its light, completely forgotten as she lost herself in the song and in Adam's eyes staring deeply into hers. Into her very soul it seemed.
 
Last edited:
They sang as one making beautiful music that had the men in the both smiling and mentally counting dollar signs. All the protest for Mr. Grawls face was gone and instead his entire focus was on the two singing in the booth. He pressed the headset into his ears ignoring the discomfort as he watched something beautiful be born.

Not that Adam could see such a thing. His eyes remained locked on Bonnie his sea blue eyes burning with emotion and desire as he kept singing. He led her but didn’t over take her instead telling her what he felt and letting her own feelings create the story their music was making. Over the course of the song his body had moved closer and closer her his radiant heat warming her down to her bones as they reached the crescendo of their song. His eyes became a little pained towards the end a silent admission that he was sad it was ending as he led them into the end act and his guitar notes became even more powerful than before. He ended it with her their voices joining together and calling out to the world as he stroked one last chord and the music died down.

After the song there was silence a pure kind of silence that seemed strangely intimate. Adams eyes stayed on her regarding her in an entirely new light. His scent washed over her masculine and spicy a hint of cologne and the scent of someone who was used to A LOT of manual labor.

“Excellent work you two!”

Adam all but jumped out of his skin. The intimate connection between them was suddenly broken their train jarred to a screeching halt by Mr. Grawl’s words. The man himself was standing unable to stop the big ass smile on his face as he regarded the two.

“Ms. McAdams” Mr. Grawl said speaking directly to her “I can’t tell you how happy I am to have run into you today. I’m going to have to run some things by the executives… but I think once they hear what just happened you two will be doing A LOT of work together”

The double meaning behind the words were lost on the small-town musician. Adam didn’t even bother to hide his pleasure at the thought instead grinning at her as he rose out of his chair and put his guitar back on the stand.

“Well I can’t see a problem with that” Adam said grabbing his water bottle and going over to the small fridge set to the corner of the sound stage. He pulled it open and brought her over her own before untwisting the cap and taking a big gulp.
 
As the last chord of the song faded, Bonnie found herself still caught up in the passionate feelings of the song. The fire that had been lit within her while singing with Adam seemed to be coursing through her veins now, adding to the warmth that she could feel radiating off of him and causing her skin to feel flushed and hot. The air between them crackled with electricity. His scent washed over her and her eyes flickered with desire in response.

"Excellent work you two!

Bonnie also jumped a little bit, suddenly becoming aware of the other people in the room again. She felt her cheeks flush a bit at the thought of others having witnessed what had felt like such an intimate moment between herself and Adam and she lowered her gaze from his and turning to look at Mr. Grawl as he addressed her directly.

“I can’t tell you how happy I am to have run into you today. I’m going to have to run some things by the executives… but I think once they hear what just happened you two will be doing A LOT of work together”

Having been in the business for so long she was aware of what the man could potentially be hinting at, but it was obvious that Adam wasn't, so she simply smiled politely at the man while she took the bottle of water that Adam had offered her.

"We'll see. My manager is going to want to have a say in that of course," she replied cryptically as she arched her brow at Grawl and opened the bottle, taking a sip.
 
The implication Mr. Grawls words carried went over the naïve young country singer. The idea of spending more time with Bonnie and even singing together made Adams eyes shine with pleasure. The more Mr. Grawl talked the wider the smile appeared on his face. By the time Bonnie had spoken Adam’s smile was as wide as can be and his white teeth shone in the muted light of the recording studio.

“I wouldn’t have any issue with that” Adam said his eyes flickering over to her and a spark of that connection still running between them.

“Adam I think for now we should leave it here” Mr. Grawl said “I have to go talk to some people show them what we just recorded. Ms. McAdams perhaps you could…. Help Adam get settled in? At least show him where his hotel is? I have him at the Hilton”

Before she could answer he was gone discarding the headphones and hurriedly grabbing the demo CD from that working music tech. He didn’t even bother to grab his briefcase instead pushing through the door and leaving the sound booth without another word.

“That was strange” Adam remarked leaning back and rubbing the back of his neck “Why did he run off?”

He shrugged and turned to her that all American smile creeping back onto his face.

“You don’t have to help me but I wouldn’t be adverse to it” He told her grabbing his guitar and case “I mean I may be a country boy but I’m pretty sure I can find a hotel even in this big a city”
 
“I have to go talk to some people show them what we just recorded. Ms. McAdams perhaps you could…. Help Adam get settled in? At least show him where his hotel is? I have him at the Hilton”

Bonnie couldn't help but bristle at Grawl's suggestion and the way he hadn't even waited for her reply before quickly exiting the room, treating her like she was just some kind of errand girl for him. Surely he had some kind of assistant or a driver that was perfectly capable of taking Adam to his hotel and helping him check in, but instead he asked her to do it?! How DARE he! She was not some secretary or newbie to the music scene that he could just boss around! She was Bonnie McAdams, an international pop superstar for heavens sake! She knew exactly what game he was trying to play and she wasn't going to have anything to do with it!

She was just about to stomp out of the room after tell him as such when Adam's voice stirred her out of her thoughts.

"That was strange. Why did he run off?"

She turned and looked at him just as he turned to her and gave her another one of those amazing smiles of his, warming her right down to her toes and making the anger seep right out from her just as if she was a balloon full of hot air that someone had just stuck a pin in.

“You don’t have to help me but I wouldn’t be adverse to it” He told her grabbing his guitar and case “I mean I may be a country boy but I’m pretty sure I can find a hotel even in this big a city”

Bonnie shifted uncomfortably, feeling torn. The idea of escorting Adam to his hotel and getting to spend some time with him away from the prying eyes of the studio was certainly appealing, but at the same time she still didn't want to just go along with whatever little scheme Grawl was planning. She could't exactly explain all this to Adam though. It was obvious that the whole thing had gone completely over his head, and she didn't want to cause any problems between him and his manager. The guy was just starting out after all. Now that she'd seen for herself just how talented and warm hearted he was she didn't want to do anything that might hurt his chances of success.

"Um...well, it's not that I wouldn't like to, but...I kind of have my own meeting that I need to finish up," she began hesitantly, "Have they gotten you a driver yet? You've checked into a hotel on your own before, right?"
 
“Ah I’m sure its not TOO difficult” Adam said shrugging and opening his guitar case. He leaned in to put his guitar up giving Bonnie a spectacular view of his ass and the tight ripped jeans he was wearing. He shut the case with a click and turned still smiling at her even though his eyes showed that he was a little disappointed.

“I’ve only been to a few hotels in my time” He admitted wrapping his large hand around the handle of his guitar case and lifting it like it was nothing “And that was a looooong time ago. Either way though I should be able to handle it. I’m hoping to go back home next week and get my truck and my family. This whole getting a driver thing seems a bit too rich for my blood.”

He stepped forward surprising her by taking her hand. He brought it up to his lips running those full slightly pouting lips against her knuckles before gently bringing her hand down.

“Thank you again for the song” He told her stepping back and smiling “You know my pa always said there was nothing more intimate than sharing a song with someone. The emotion of music always says something we just can’t say out loud. I really do hope we get to sing together again Ma’am as I don’t think I’ve ever quite felt something like when I sang with you.

He nodded his head at her and turned moving to the door. He paused right before he stepped out his free hand always on the door as he turned to her.

“Good luck with your meeting” He told her opening the door “Darling”
 
Bonnie felt that electric like current run through her again in response to the feel of Adam's lips against her knuckles and in response to his heartfelt words that followed.

Worry filled her as she realized that basically the answer to both of the questions that she'd asked him had been a no. He didn't have a driver, wasn't planning on getting one, and it didn't really sound like he had experience checking himself in to a hotel either. His dress and persona weren't exactly typical for the clients of a place like the Hilton either. She'd hate to think that he might have some kind of trouble getting to the hotel, or that there would be some kind of misunderstanding when he was trying to check in and would get turned away. He was a nice guy, but he seemed a little naive about what life in a big city could be like.

She herself was actually very familiar with the location of the Hilton and the staff there. She knew if she went along with him he wouldn't have any problems. She of course had her own absolutely amazing luxury apartment in the city now, but when she'd been new to the business she'd stayed there just as he was doing now and she still went there from time to time now when someone she knew hosted a party there. The penthouse suite was absolutely to die for, and even had its own rooftop pool. It was the perfect place to host an event at when you really wanted to let loose and didn't want to have to worry about having to clean up after. She actually had plans to go to a party there later that evening.

"Wait!," she called out to him just as he'd started to turn back around to walk through the doorway he already held open, "I guess I can go ahead and give you a ride there...do you have time to wait for just a bit while I finish up my meeting?"
 
He was halfway through the door when she told him to wait. He turned his smile growing ever wider as she decided to take him and asked about the meeting.
“Sure” Adam said shrugging and leaning against the wall “I don’t mind waiting for the meeting! Gives me a chance to call my sister and my ma. I’ll go wait in the lobby while you finish up”

He winked at her and turned ducking out the door and back into the music hall. He made his way down to the lobby making sure to give everyone who passed a high. The women he passed openly checked him out not even noticing Bonnie as they watched him passed and began to talk amongst themselves. Adam didn’t notice it and continued to give everyone a smile and a wave as he stepped into the elevator and went down to the lobby.

Once he was in the lobby he found a seat to the side of the main atrium and pulled out is beat up old cell phone. He hit the speed dial for his sister and brought the phone to his ear cradling it with his chin as he waited for her to answer.

“How’s the music brother” She asked trying her best to be calm.


“I did my first set today” Adam said unable to contain his own excitement and not even trying to “And guess what else?”

“What?”

“I met Bonnie Mcadams!” Adam said laughing “And I got her autograph for you!”
The squeal she directed his way was enough to cause him to wince. He hurriedly shoved the phone away from his ear shaking his head as his sister continued to scream. He waited counting the seconds until her screams went from full blown shrieks to whoops of laughter.

“She is giving me a ride to my hotel” Adam said rubbing his sore ear “We even sang together”

“That’s great Adam!” Elise said her own voice quivering with excitement “Did they tell you-“

Her voice was cut off by a large crash. Adam froze straining his ears and leaning forward as he tried to make out the source of the crash.

“Elise where are you?” Adam asked as he heard loud mumbling coming through the receiver.

“At home” Elise said sighing “Mom is going through another one of her… episodes”

“I told you if that happened you needed to leave” Adam said getting up and pacing “Where is Aunt Rose?”

“Who is going to keep her from hurting herself if I am gone Adam?” Elise said her tone exasperated “You’re not here remember?”

“Tomorrow I am going to look at apartment complexes” Adam promised running a hand through his disheveled hair “Just…. Go to Aunt Rose and wait it out. She’s harmless more or less I took anything that she could use”

“We’ll see” Elise said as more crashing came through the phone “I got to go. Call me tomorrow?”

“Of course!” Adam said his eyes nervous “Text me tonight and let me know your safe”

“Will do love you brother” She said hanging up and leaving Adam alone in the lobby.
 
A smile appeared on Bonnie's face at the parting wink Adam gave her, heading towards the door and out into the hallway a little ways behind him as he headed towards the lobby and she back to her meeting. She couldn't help but notice the way the women he'd said hello to as he'd passed openly checked him out, their eyes running over his figure and then lingering on the back of his tight jeans as he walked away. Adam didn't seem to notice it at all though. The guy sure was nice, but once again struck her as being a little naive and aloof. She was glad she'd made the decision to accompany him to the hotel. Once again the thought of Adam's manager Mr. Grawl and what the man might be cooking up slipped into her mind, making her brow furrow in worry.

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into here, do you newbie?" she murmured under her breath as she watched Adam step into the elevator, the doors sliding shut behind him as she turned to go back into her meeting room.

The meeting went smoothly enough. She'd apologized for the delay and then finished up selecting the songs with her manager that he was going to present to the label executives as their picks for her next album. After the meeting was over she'd dismissed her assistant for the day and asked to speak with her manager alone for a moment. She explained to him about she'd, literally, ran into Adam in the hall and how they'd then ended up singing a song together, describing to him the way Grawl had acted after and her suspicions.

"I went ahead and agreed to take him to the hotel like Mr. Grawl asked. He's green, but extremely talented, and a really nice guy. I didn't want to cause any problems for him, but I need you to talk to the executives about it and make sure Grawl's not cooking something up," she told him, worry showing in her eyes, "You have been with me from the very beginning. I know I can trust you to look our for my best interest and the best interest of my brand."

Her manager nodded in understanding.

"You can count on me Bonnie. I'll go speak to them about it before I head out today."

Bonnie smiled and gave him her thanks before making her way down to the lobby, finding Adam waiting for her.

"Sorry, hope you weren't too bored down here waiting on me," she told him with a smile, "Ready to head to the hotel? Where are your bags?"
 
When she finally reached the lobby she found him perched on the couch with his guitar out. A small crowd of people was gathering listening to him play as he talked and joked with them. Every so often he would sing a song about them a mostly humorous job that would cause them to chuckle. When he heard her call out he turned nodding his head at her and saying good bye to his new friend. They dispersed moving back to their jobs or heading upstairs as he carefully packed his guitar case and turned to regard her.

“I do believe Mr. Grawl said those were already at the hotel” He said swinging the guitar case over his broad back “He had me leave them in the limo we came in”
He followed her out trading the cool building for the heat of Nashville. He followed her to her car his head on a swivel as he took in the sights and sounds all around him. When they got to her car he moved forward opening the door for her with a genuine smile that said this wasn’t an act to him. When she was in he shut the door behind her moving over to the passenger side and sliding in as well.

“Thank you again for doing this Bonnie” He said to her as they pulled out it really means a lot to me. He reached out placing his hand on her leg and giving it a squeeze before he settled back in and looked around at the city.
 
"It's no problem, really," Bonnie assured Adam as she pulled the black Range Rover out of the label's parking lot and onto the road towards the hotel, a slightly blush blooming in her cheeks as her heart picked up a bit in response to the feel of his hand on her leg as it gave her a squeeze.

"The Hilton's not far, and I'm real familiar with the staff there. I'll make sure they take good care of you while you're there."

She took a quick glance over at him, smiling as she noticed him looking around at the city as they drove through the middle of downtown on their way to the hotel. It was clearly his first time in Nashville, maybe even his first time in any kind of big city. She could see it in his eyes, the pure wonder and amazement there. Had her eyes been like that once upon a time? God, it seemed like forever ago.

"You don't have to try to take it all in at once you know?" she teased him with a smile as she turned her gaze back to the road, "If things go the way I think they will for you here you're going to have plenty of time to see it all."
 
When she spoke to him he jumped pulled out of his musings and wide-eyed wonderment of the city. He turned to her his eyes raking her in once more before he blushed and settled back in his seat. She was right, he was planning on spending the rest of his life here one way or another. No matter what hard work he needed to put in.

“The town I’m from is a blip compared to this” He explained his eyes flickering from her to the window “I don’t think I will ever get used to… well all THIS”
Before he could say anything more the Hilton appeared. His eyes raked in the hotel idly wondering if he could get room service or if he should ask her to grab a bite to eat. He opened his mouth to ask but then decided not to. He wasn’t sure what the protocol was for a famous celebrity but had the feeling she wouldn’t just want to appear at a KFC. Also, he knew it would sound like a date knew it because he WANTED it to.

When they pulled in he got out moving over to her door and opening it before she could say anything. With a smile he helped her out his hands lingering on her before he finally let her go. He followed her lead walking side by side with her as they stepped into the lobby and gave the poor room attendant a fright.

“Mrs. Mcadams!” The woman said jumping in surprise “How excellent to uh see you…. Are you getting a room today? I wasn’t made aware!”
 
Back
Top