Telling Him the Truth

When she opened her eyes she was smiling. They finally weregoing to spend uninterrupted time together. She turned to face her companion and kissed him softly. "Morning" she climbed from the bed and quietly started pulling together outfit options for their getaway.
 
After a quick shower Jared got dressed in his work clothes. Normally he would have had a bowl of Special K and a cup of strong coffee but the crew had agreed to come in early. If it went well, they would be done by noon.

He hadn't asked Kali about her schedule for the day. He hoped she could get away early too. They could check in anytime after three, hours before sunset. They could decide what they wanted to do on the way up there.

Jared wondered if Kali played golf. The course was beautiful but would be very difficult for a beginner. They also had tennis courts-he wasn't a great player but he could hit the ball well enough to make it interesting. Her body was athletic, lean and toned from hours of dance. She was also an avid sports fan. He wondered if she liked to play as well as watch. Now they would have a weekend to learn a lot more about each other.
 
Kali got up and was greatful that she simply had to send a couple emails from home for the day. She finished packing, making sure she packed a variety, who knew what they would end up doing. She sent her emails and spent her afternoon thibking of all the fun they were going to have.
 
Jared's crew had already got started by the time he arrived. They had two good reasons to get done early today. One was that they would have an early start to the weekend. But more importantly they wanted to give him the afternoon to spend with his new love. When a crew works together on a jobsite, they learn a lot about each other. They could see how happy Jared had been since he had found her.

Shortly before noon, Jared sent the men home for the weekend. The machinery was locked up and he signed off on the job permits. Before he hit the highway he texted Kali that he was on his way. He already had his suitcase packed. The day that they had been waiting for was finally here.
 
She couldnt contain her smile when she got his text. She did a double check to make sure she had everything and had just finished when she heard him pull into the driveway. She met him at the door with a big hug and a kiss. "Ive wanted to do thst all day!"
 
Jared was loving the feel of her warm body against his as they shared a long tender kiss. His life had seen some dramatic changes and so had his attitude. Their social acquaintances probably saw Jared and Amy as a couple but they had grown apart. He was happy to come home and see a note from Amy telling him not to stay up waiting for her. Looking back, maybe he shouldn't have been that naive.

With Kali, it was totally different. He wanted to be with her. She had not been urging him to ask her to stay the nights with him. It was what he wanted. She gave him what he needed. They liked watching football together, going out to dinner together, and sleeping in each other's arms. And she was an amazing lover.

They loaded up their luggage along with his golf clubs and tennis racquet. Smiling brightly at each other, they climbed into the car and buckled up. The ride up to the Mountain would take about an hour and a half. They were soon on the road, free to think about nothing but each other.
 
As they rode up into the mountains they enjoyed the ride and the easy conversation they shared. "Im so excited for this... a weekend of uninterrupted us time."

A short time later they pulled up, while he went to get them checked in kali looked around. It was a great view. He returned and she couldnt stop the smile, "you ready for this?"
 
In the course of checking in Jared was able to take in the natural beauty of the Arizona mountains. The pamphlets in the office described the miles of hiking trails running through the high desert, alive with cactus and hardy flowering bushes. He had packed his hiking boots; Kali had mentioned that she enjoyed hiking back when he was still hooked up with Amy.

There was no question about her ability to keep up with Jared. He would squeeze a workout in now and then and he was in pretty good shape. As a dance instructor, Kali was equally fit. He thought she would probably be up for hitting the trails tomorrow.

When Jared carried their luggage to their room, he let Kali go in first. He had seen pictures of the rooms here but she probably hadn't. Her eyes fell on the cozy hot tub, then on the spectacular view over the mountains. It was plushly carpeted with a king-sized bed and a large bathroom. The shower enclosure featured two opposing shower heads- clearly set up to accomodate couples. Kali's jaw dropped at first, then she turned to Jared and hugged him tightly.
 
"Jared, this is amazing!!" she couldn't believe that it was reality. It was all too good to be true. The room was breathtaking, the view was mesmerizing and the best part of it all, she was with Jared. She finally let go of him and laughed shaking her head. "This is going to be the best getaway ever." She kissed him lightly on the lips and walked over sliding the patio slider open and stepped out onto the balcony to take it all in.
 
Seeing Kali this happy was priceless. He watched as she waltzed over to the railing, arms spread wide. The background was pretty spectacular too. The resort was in kind of a bowl, with mountains on every side. Children were splashing around a massive wading pool below us.

Jared walked up behind Kali, clasping his arms around her slender waist. Her body was soft and warm as she laid her head back against his shoulder. He nuzzled her neck, teasing her briefly then pulling slightly back. "Would you like to look over the grounds before we have supper?" he asked softly. "We can continue this later". "I'm holding you to that mister!" she replied with a naughty smile, spinning out of his arms.
 
Back
Top