Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eilan said:
Anyone got a Band-Aid? I just bit off my cyber-tongue trying to hold it. Fuck, that hurts!

Wait...can you actually put a band-aid on a tongue?!? Do you need stitches, my dear?

gah!

ahem.

OK, this is surreal. i sent out an e-mail last night to my colleagues--you know, your usual "it's been nice working with you" sorta thing. i sent it last night b/c the bulk of my co-workers are located overseas and if they wanted anything from me, they could let me know, so things don't fall through the cracks.

5 mins ago my boss called me into his office. "ed, what's this e-mail?" so i explained my thinking about the timing.

boss shakes his head. "no, your last day is end of july."

[blinks rapidly]

turns out, it was supposed to be end of june, and then there was some discussion (in which i wasn't involved) after which it was extended to the end of july.

none of which was communicated to me.

i so badly need a drink right about now.

silverwhisper said:
gah!

ahem.

OK, this is surreal. i sent out an e-mail last night to my colleagues--you know, your usual "it's been nice working with you" sorta thing. i sent it last night b/c the bulk of my co-workers are located overseas and if they wanted anything from me, they could let me know, so things don't fall through the cracks.

5 mins ago my boss called me into his office. "ed, what's this e-mail?" so i explained my thinking about the timing.

boss shakes his head. "no, your last day is end of july."

[blinks rapidly]

turns out, it was supposed to be end of june, and then there was some discussion (in which i wasn't involved) after which it was extended to the end of july.

none of which was communicated to me.

i so badly need a drink right about now.
Sounds like someone needs a few lessons in fundamentals of communication.

silverwhisper said:
several someones.

lesson one shall consist of a trout-smack.
Wouldn't it have more impact to smack them with a frozen pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago?

C'mon, those puppies can weigh 6 pounds frozen. :D

ah, but if i use NY-style pizzas, i can fling them like shuriken... :D

omg, that shithead gets more entertaining by the comment!

Last edited:
silverwhisper said:
ah, but if i use NY-style pizzas, i can fling them like shuriken... :D

omg, that shithead gets more entertaining by the comment!
Make sure they're frozen, as the real thing when heated is so limp that it wouldn't fly more than three feet before disintegrating into a mass of cracker dough and thinned out tomato paste.

Sometimes I shock myself about how stupid I can be. I have got to remember to think before acting.

I hurt a friend and I am very sorry for that.

Ed, any trout to smack me with -- please.

I really hate pissing myself off but I hate pissing off a friend more.

Cathleen said:
Sometimes I shock myself about how stupid I can be. I have got to remember to think before acting.

I hurt a friend and I am very sorry for that.

Ed, any trout to smack me with -- please.

I really hate pissing myself off but I hate pissing off a friend more.

The thing about good friends is that if asked for, forgiveness is usually given.
Friendship is long term, pissedoffedness is hopefully short lived.

In lieu of silver not being available *platypus pokes* Miss Cate. :rose:

quoll said:
The thing about good friends is that if asked for, forgiveness is usually given.
Friendship is long term, pissedoffedness is hopefully short lived.

In lieu of silver not being available *platypus pokes* Miss Cate. :rose:
I love platypusses or is it platypusi?

Thank you Q, I feel really crappy, as I never, ever intented to hurt her. I appreciate a poke instead of a smack.

Cathleen said:
I love platypusses or is it platypusi?

Thank you Q, I feel really crappy, as I never, ever intented to hurt her. I appreciate a poke instead of a smack.

PLATYPUS
platypus.jpg

PLATYPI
platypus_zoom.jpg

PLAITEDPUSSY
birthday3.jpg

:rose:

Q... just totally roflmao!

You are truly a special person -- in the blessings way. Thanks, just thanks... :kiss:

Still trying to calm down after a horrendous day. I was absolutely livid and told the bigwig responsible that his actions were unacceptable and not appreciated. Then the HR bigwig came down once again with his usual hammer because some of the guys can't manage their staff. Always those of us that comply with the policies that get the shaft over it. To top it off it all resulted in me working overtime on a Friday of a long weekend! Last one out of the office...oh wait...most of the bigwigs weren't even in the office today.

Keep it up boys! You're going to have me looking for another job and considering it took you a year to fill the position, plus how I'm saving your bacon, you know how sorry you're going to be if I do that. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back