The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Earth Day Contest Support Thread

Does the Favorite Author's list record every time you appear on someone's list? (ie someone either favorites your story, or you as an author)

Or does it only record when someone lists you as a favorite author?

Its only you as an author. If someone favs a story it just adds to that stories fav total.

Oh, that clears it up.

I thought that someone favoriting a story (for the first time) is included on the Favorite Author's list, and that it wasn't updating right for my profile.

Last edited:
who is going to join these giants of erotica?

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

[size=+2]LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD[/size]

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

We are now accepting nominations for the 24th MANU which will be awarded in conjunction with the 2014 April Contest.

[size=+2]
the MANU
LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

BarondeSade
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
Colleen Thomas
Daniellekitten
DG Hear

Goldeniangel
Harddaysknight
Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
masterhypnotist

nikki_2021
PacoFear
rgjohn
ronde
samslam

SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
Tx_Tall_Tales

TryAnything
Wm_Sexpear
youbadboy

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the above is bogus. Bodaciously bogus. Bumfucked bogus. Yada yada.

lovergirl did you recently report that you have a story closing in on 200 comments?

If so please send me the details and if the comments are verified as authentic once the story hits the magic 200 mark we'll enter it on the MOST COMMENTS List...

which of course is a great honor and will help you in your unending quest to achieve MANUism...

anthonyinalberta-nsrpb-62a948.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who doesn't know, the most comments list is another of Scouries fake things. He makes it up as he goes. Of course, if you piss him off, you can have five hundred comments and never make his fake list. He originally made it up to associate his name with the truely great writers on Lit.

Now back to our real contest thread, already in progress.

after a three hour writing blitz I am finished

21k.

Now I am going to go rest my burning eyeballs.

after a three hour writing blitz I am finished

21k.

Now I am going to go rest my burning eyeballs.

I'm about 2300 words on one, 4300 on a second and 8500 on a third. Now if i can find the time to finish at least one of them. :rolleyes:

I've started working on a second Earth Day story.

It's an Exhibitionist story featuring a college girl and a female photographer artist.

category question: what's the feeling for graphic sex in the romance category?

this thing is developing on 'mushier' lines than my usual efforts, however i tend to write nasty sex, so...

is romance more fluffy and a bit vague when it comes to any rude stuff, or can it include scenes of raunchiness and rudery?

oh, and what about the C word? is its usage frowned upon?

i can always go for novels and novellas if the piece has the legs for it, but i wouldn't mind a plump at romance.

Graphic sex seems to be a mixed bag in Romance. There's a readership for it, so long as it doesn't get too kinky. The primary interest of the readers is the relationship, though. That has to be there, or the degree of sexual content doesn't really matter.

The C word would probably go over like a lead balloon. If you're going to go with romance, I'd find a replacement for that one.

this thing is developing on 'mushier' lines than my usual efforts, however i tend to write nasty sex, so...

is romance more fluffy and a bit vague when it comes to any rude stuff, or can it include scenes of raunchiness and rudery?

i can always go for novels and novellas if the piece has the legs for it, but i wouldn't mind a plump at romance.

I think you can get away with fucking over "love making" there as long as it fits the characters.

I would avoid the C word and would also shy away from anal and any strong fetish material

aside from that go for it.

Graphic sex seems to be a mixed bag in Romance. There's a readership for it, so long as it doesn't get too kinky. The primary interest of the readers is the relationship, though. That has to be there, or the degree of sexual content doesn't really matter.

The C word would probably go over like a lead balloon. If you're going to go with romance, I'd find a replacement for that one.

I think you can get away with fucking over "love making" there as long as it fits the characters.

I would avoid the C word and would also shy away from anal and any strong fetish material

aside from that go for it.

ah, the hell with it. loving wives it is, then! :D

Don't put all romance readers or writers under one umbrella. There are plenty of romance stories with graphic sex, and plenty of stories with very little sex. There's no particular kibosh on any particular word; as LC says, go with what fits the characters.

There's no reason a character in a romance can't use the word cunt, or have anal sex, or whatever else.

My romances have explicit sex, and no one's complained. I'm not sure if it's "graphic," or what the difference between graphic and explicit sex might be, but it's there.

Don't put all romance readers or writers under one umbrella. There are plenty of romance stories with graphic sex, and plenty of stories with very little sex. There's no particular kibosh on any particular word; as LC says, go with what fits the characters.

There's no reason a character in a romance can't use the word cunt, or have anal sex, or whatever else.

My romances have explicit sex, and no one's complained. I'm not sure if it's "graphic," or what the difference between graphic and explicit sex might be, but it's there.

Excuse me young lady, but I was raised to think there is nothing romantic about anal sex!

Butt.....That was a long time ago and you can;t believe everything people tell you:D

well, they kinda hafta be under one umbrella, eh? the romance umbrella :D

but i get your point.

and thanks, it's summat to mull over. ;)

Excuse me young lady, but I was raised to think there is nothing romantic about anal sex!

Butt.....That was a long time ago and you can;t believe everything people tell you:D

You were raised to think about anal sex at all? ;)

And I don't believe anything you tell me, so that's a start. (I kid, I kid.)

The plot bunny I had for this just never seemed to want to come out of its warren and see what it could do so I have changed course into a boring little essay because i felt the need to get something done before the weekend, and the start of the adventure of joining a group of lit authors for some erotic couplings.

Good luck to everyone and their entries, I hope your plot bunnies were kinder than mine.

Back