What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be now, but it was then.

How can I be mistaken when I said 13K would not be supported in the long run and here we are a little more than a month later and just above 12K?

I know why! Because I put more wait into Human Action (Praxeology) than I do PE ratios...

As pointed out so many times, the stock market is not a valid metric when examining the state of the economy, unless, of course, it's going up and a Democrat is President...

Be careful not to spend too much time examining the walnut tree.


The reason I am able to waste perfectly good time here is due mostly to my pretty good understanding of the markets. So you keep up with your Praxeology over P/E notion, and your belief that a 1000 point drop in the Dow proves your point. I'll just make money while you and your cohort prattle on. I like the walnut tree thing:cool:
 
The reason I am able to waste perfectly good time here is due mostly to my pretty good understanding of the markets. So you keep up with your Praxeology over P/E notion, and your belief that a 1000 point drop in the Dow proves your point. I'll just make money while you and your cohort prattle on. I like the walnut tree thing:cool:

If I called it, does it really matter how I got there?

P/E only tells you about now, it does not tell you about the future while most expert models are based on the past and thusly fail to predict the future, while I, for the last couple of years have correctly identified an economy doomed to go sideways where any incidental growth is a natural expansion due to normal population growth...

;) ;)

And, I am making money too.

We're in the top 5% of retirement investors according to our financial advisor.
 
Reading the unemployment numbers for May (can you imagine what the real ones would be?), your lefty-liberal friends should be ashamed of themselves — at least those that aren’t committed, Cloward-Piven style, to the fall of the U.S. You know, those who wish to bankrupt our country so that it can be rebuilt as a glorious socialism… like, say, Czechoslovakia circa 1962.

But what we have may be worse than Cloward–Piven. It’s accidental Cloward-Piven. Cloward-Piven out of ineptitude.

I don’t need to see Obama’s hidden college grades. I know he’s a failure.

I don’t need to read The Amateur. I know he’s an amateur.

The sad thing is we are all paying for it — not to mention our children and our children’s children.

We’re not about to become Greece. We are Greece. Those of us who live in California are already Greece squared.

Liberalism is not only dead, it’s decomposed. We’d better inter it this November or we are all fools.

The thing about modern liberalism that most liberals don’t see is that it is so unbelievably square and conventional, so hopelessly old-fashioned. It is the most unexamined of unexamined wisdom. It’s not even an ideology. It’s a pose.

And leftism is just a massive form of social sadism that leads to the totalitarian state.

Meanwhile, according to White House Dossier, our president is off to hold six fundraisers in one day. Who are these people that are still giving money to this charlatan? What is their motivation? Cultural suicide? Or are they simply Solyndra-style gangsters looking for a billion dollar handout? Or are they waiting to hear the president’s new plan to “save health care” in his second term? (Can you imagine what that will be? Maybe someone will read it this time.)
Roger L. Simon, PJMedia

I can answer that question. It's protection money in case he wins, they want to be saved for last.
 
Halfway through the second term of Franklin Roosevelt, the New Deal braintrusters began to worry about mounting popular concern over the national debt.… Indeed, Franklin Roosevelt had talked himself into office, in 1932, in part by promising to hack away at a debt which, even under the frugal Mr. Hoover, the people tended to think of as grown to menacing size.… And then, suddenly, the academic community came to the rescue. Economists across the length and breadth of the land were electrified by a theory of debt introduced in England by John Maynard Keynes. The politicians wrung their hands in gratitude. Depicting the intoxicating political consequences of Lord Keynes's discovery, the wry cartoonist of the Washington Times Herald drew a memorable picture. In the center, sitting on a throne in front of a maypole, was a jubilant FDR, cigarette tilted up almost vertically, a grin on his face that stretched from ear to ear. Dancing about him in a circle, hands clasped together, their faces glowing with ecstasy, the braintrusters, vested in academic robes, sang the magical incantation, the great discovery of Lord Keynes: "We owe it to ourselves."

With five talismanic words, the planners had disposed of the problem of deficit spending…. Tax and tax, spend and spend, elect and elect…

William F. Buckley, Jr.

A_J's corollary #8, “In times of crises, the New Age Liberal calls for more government and higher taxes. In times of plenty, the New Age Liberal calls for more government and higher taxes. The primary motivation is always Crusader-like Altruism and the illusion of ‘fairness.’”

A_J's corollary #8a, “The New Age Liberal believes that in good times Government can afford to spend more than it receives and in bad times, it can’t afford not to.”
 
So what are the "earnings" on a ten year treasury? Less than the inflation rate.

He seems to be acting in the belief that the markets were rational beings and that speculators place their bets solely on P/E ratios and he's doing that the week following the Facebook IPO...


;) ;)
 
What the left doesn't get is that this is the land of the free and free enterprise, not a Soviet style command order economic system.

I think they get it which is why they are always so pissed off that we cannot clearly see that Capitalism is killing us while Socialism will save us.
 
So what are the "earnings" on a ten year treasury? Less than the inflation rate.

So what? I've done nothing but make money in bonds for the last two years. You seem hung up on yield. I'm interested in price. It ain't my fault if you've missed the bond bull market.:D
 
So what? I've done nothing but make money in bonds for the last two years. You seem hung up on yield. I'm interested in price. It ain't my fault if you've missed the bond bull market.:D

If you search my posts in this train-wreck of a thread, you'll see that I recommended bonds 2 years ago :cool:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it any smarter.
 
I have bonds, gold, stocks, guns, ammo, food, water, chickens, survival seeds, gallons of gas, solar generators...,



:D ;) ;)

... ghillie suits...,
 
If you search my posts in this train-wreck of a thread, you'll see that I recommended bonds 2 years ago :cool:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it any smarter.

More than a couple of people here seem to have minimal understanding of the bond market. :rolleyes:
 
So what? I've done nothing but make money in bonds for the last two years. You seem hung up on yield. I'm interested in price. It ain't my fault if you've missed the bond bull market.:D

Merc's cousin no doubt.
 
Let's be real the Republicans aren't much better

In a lot of ways the Republicans are just as worthless as the Democrats, especially the go along to get along RINOs.
However, the booming good times that started with Reagan and continued to September 2008 wasn't an accident.
The Democrats, meanwhile, are stuck with a game plan that looks like Western Europe: Slow, almost stagnant growth, high unemployment, and a huge portion of the working age group on unemployment or disability.
 
In a lot of ways the Republicans are just as worthless as the Democrats, especially the go along to get along RINOs.
However, the booming good times that started with Reagan and continued to September 2008 wasn't an accident.
The Democrats, meanwhile, are stuck with a game plan that looks like Western Europe: Slow, almost stagnant growth, high unemployment, and a huge portion of the working age group on unemployment or disability.

Yes and no the good times came about with one bubble after another
housing bubble technology bubble and so on.
We have to choose we save the world are we save America.
We can't do both.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top