Conservative magazine about to go under due to con artist

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
The Weekly Standard, once one of the premier "conservative" magazines, is about bite the dust. Arguably the only "conservative" publication to regularly deride the clown-in-chief, the owners, MediaDC, told the editor-in-chief there would be a meeting later this week and afterwards, the entire staff should be made available.

The magazine's precarious position comes after its leadership spent months searching for a buyer, the people told CNN.

One of the people familiar with the matter told CNN that the Washington Examiner is expanding at the expense of The Weekly Standard.

The person's view was that "they're expanding the pro-Trump magazine that does what the owners want, while threatening closing of an independent magazine that has its own history and identity."

Employees at the magazine are bracing for the worst, multiple people familiar with the matter told CNN.

From the beginning, The Weekly Standard has been a thorn in the con artist's side, repeatedly calling out his bloviating, banal behavior and mocking his lack of anything resembling intelligence. In fact, Jay Cost, an influential "conservative" voice for the magazine, quit the Republican party in July of 2016 in protest of the con artist's ascension as the presidential contender.

Watching their moral backflips to defend his evident Putinism, or his astonishing ignorance, is simply appalling. 9/
— Jay Cost (@JayCostTWS) July 27, 2016​

It's indecent to defend Trump. I can defend flip-flopping—or attack it!—but I won't associate w/ a party led by so many indecent ppl. 13/13
— Jay Cost (@JayCostTWS) July 27, 2016​

The Weekly Standard had been looking for a buyer, but MediaDC recently decided it was no longer interested in a sale of the publication.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/media/weekly-standard-future-uncertain/index.html

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/289535-weekly-standard-writer-quits-the-gop
 
Back
Top