Another mobster prepares to plead the Fifth

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
“The mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth?"

Thus spoke the con artist to a crowd in Iowa during the 2016 election cycle when referring to the emails about Hillary Clinton which Russia released to help him secure the election. Now, the latest member of the con artist mob has said he too will plead the Fifth.

Roger Stone is telling congressional committees that he would invoke his Fifth Amendment rights in order to not testify in response to requests for documents and testimony.

Stone's attorney Grant Smith rebuffed a request from the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee this week for documents and an interview connected to 2016 Russian election meddling. And Smith said he sent a similar letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee in September invoking the Fifth after the committee -- which is still conducting its investigation into Russian meddling -- requested documents and an interview.

"Mr. Stone's invocation of his Fifth Amendment privilege must be understood by all to be the assertion of a Constitutional right by an innocent citizen who denounces secrecy," the letter states.

These statements raise two questions. If you're innocent, why plead the Fifth? If you denounce secrecy, why not be open and answer the questions?

Stone has found himself sinking deeper into the swamp created by the con artist for his advanced knowledge of when Russia would be leaking stolen emails via WikiLeaks. Stone bragged about having a connection with WikiLeaks, and in both emails and tweets, made it known he knew when such material would be forthcoming.

However, since his bravado, Stone has furiously backpedaled, denying his own words and claiming, like Sergeant Schultz, he knows nothing.

As Robert Mueller's investigation bears down with more force each week, it is clear the mobsters are scrambling for any way out.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/politics/roger-stone-fifth-amendment/index.html
 
Trump has publicly said that pleading the Fifth is a declaration of guilt, so that's fine.
 
Back
Top