Promote yourself. Don't be shy to blow your horn.

SusanJillParker

I'm 100% woman
Joined
Oct 29, 2011
Posts
2,155
What's the best story you've ever written that's posted on Literotica and why?

Oddly enough, I can't answer my own question.

I have lots of stories that I love for different reasons and it's hard for me to just pick out one but I promise that I will after thinking about it.

What about you?

What story is your favorite or your best and why?

Who knows? Maybe you'll get a few more readers to read what you wrote or a few more fans to follow your writing.
 
Okay, I'll bite.
Here's my story, under the first name I used here.
https://www.literotica.com/s/wearing-down-a-virgins-resistance

It's about a guy wearing-down his Christian girlfriend's resistance & persuading her into giving him her Christian innocence. As she's a virgin, he has to take it slow.
But does he value her Christian "purity" stance?

As he moved closer into her looser labia, he looked up to her and they both looked like they understood what was going to happen next.

Don looked in her loving eyes and sensed she was ready to let him fuck her.

Another story by another writer I enjoy:

Summer of Regrets
https://www.literotica.com/s/summer-of-regrets
The author, JulieWife, isn't around anymore, but the story sounds autobiographical.

I love this highly erotic part:

This time there were no panties between Tom's penis and Ann's vagina. Ann was a virgin, but Tom was not. Tom's penis felt incredible between Ann's labia and felt even better as he rubbed the head right up against the opening of her vagina. Ann knew she had to stop, right now, but didn't want the good feelings to end. Still she told Tom to keep the tip of his penis up higher.
She was a naive Christian girl to think that Tom would keep his penis away from "the danger zone."

As Tom and Ann kissed, he again slid down her body slightly and Ann could feel the head of his penis between her labia at the opening of her vagina again. She didn't say anything and didn't try to stop Tom as he slowly slid into her. The feeling was incredible as his penis passed between her inner labia and pressed against where her hymen should have been. Ann noticed a slight pain as Tom pushed forward and then he was fully inside her and she could feel his balls against her.
Finally, Ann's boyfriend makes his move & introduces her to the real world of dating & sex.
Notice how she didn't want to stop him as he penetrated her & broke her hymen.
 
Gotta be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever top last year's Holiday Contest story, "Christmas With the Devil":

https://www.literotica.com/s/christmas-with-the-devil

For one day out of the year the old pagan spirit of the Yuletide is free to roam the earth again, spreading his gospel of carnal delights to the unsuspecting.
 
My most successful story to date was called 'Mandy Makes A Man Of Mark', which is set in 1964 and involves an 18-year-old guy losing his virginity to the hot, 36-year-old mini-skirted single mother who lives across the street.
 
"The Temptation of Gheeran", for several reasons. I've managed to follow the old writer proverb "write what you know", weaving the experience of being blind and the struggles it brings into one of my fantasy stories. The characters are nice and rounded and about two years in the incubator paid off in the plot department. I had amazing editors and beta readers, one of which attested I wrote one of the best bisexual males she had seen in long time.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-temptation-of-gheeran
 
I have two

These are both departures from my typical 'stroke story' submissions. Not really tooting my own horn, as these are my two lowest scoring stories. Aside from any real merit or lack thereof, they were most likely not what people were used to reading.

I'm not sure I got this story completely right, because many don't understand it, and I may have screwed up several times, causing the confusion myself. The 'clues' to what's really going on may be too obscure.
https://www.literotica.com/s/abandonment-59


This one is in the wrong category - I looked very hard during the submission process, and I swear "non-erotic' didn't come up as a category. It's meant as a flash piece.
Very dark and graphic:
https://www.literotica.com/s/whore-n
 
Last edited:
Good stories at LIT?

Starting when?

Will we get a memo when it happens?
 
Haha who's shy? See signature links. Although seriously, I always think the one I'm working on is by far and away the best.
 
I have no idea what my "best" story is, but I suppose I can use reader scores as an objective ranking method.

My highest scored story that is NOT part of a series is Librarian on the Road, the tale of a business man hooking up with a FWB who happens to be a librarian. She teaches him a sexy alphabet game to be played between the sheets.

My highest scored story of all is a chapter in a series about a college coed who has a thriving handjob business to pay her bills, and needs to get some special attention from one of her professors. Hand Job Slut Chapter 6: The Nemesis
 
I don't really have any favorites. In fact a few of my better works aren't even posted here anymore.

So the links are down below. Read 'em and pick one.
 
Well, I'll bite.

According to the votership, the best story that I've written is 'Shadowplay'. I won't link it, because I don't like it. I based it off of this flash of an idea, and I cobbled together the story for the fetish fuel..
But, in short, the concept is that an elf explores an abandoned castle and ends up with a living shadow, or a shadow demon. I work a lot in Lesbian Ero, and this is my highest rated one (even among my straight works!). However, I can only guess that it's so high because it tics off every box Fantasy Folks are looking for: Elves, Demons, and Magic. The only one that comes close to it has far less votes and is lesbian tentacles.

At the same time I published a work that I put far more effort into, and was spurned by the mobs that be. It was:
Black Pearls - Lily (Link: https://www.literotica.com/s/black-pearls-lily)
I vastly prefer this one because it caps off a loose story series I had going while remaining open to further, more dramatic opportunities. However, it has so few votes, it doesn't have the 'Hot' tag even though it's above the 4.5 mark.
In the story, the characters are imprisoned in a strange world of immature fantasies that only allows for sex - death, hunger, thirst, pregnancy, or anything similar just do not happen. It got boring fast, but the characters have a way out - that is unfortunately reliant on one who isn't confident in the method of escape.
It's another Lesbian work, and it explores some gentle bondage to go along with more exotic sex (exotic by means of non-human powers and capabilities), and it was meant to show how far I had gotten as a writer. I consider it my best, but it's vexing to see it effectively flounder.
 
I suspect the most beloved of my stories by readers will remain Interview with the Tentacle Demon, which is pretty much what it sounds like I guess, but possibly the one I will personally be most pleased with for a while is my anime trope-fest Cheer Raider & SABRE Panther, which throws a magical girl and a giant robot into monster-of-the-week adventures.

Deeply genre stuff, obviously. Not really expecting wide appeal.
 
As of this post, I'm new around here; with one story on site and revision thereof pending. In the meantime, I'll favor you with an excerpt from The Embrace Of Darkness:

Her skin goose pimpled as those words stirred within her the strangest mingling of fear and sexual desire. On one hand, if there was anything to all the mythology and folklore she had ever read in her life, engaging in coitus with an otherworldly entity might not be the smartest thing to do. But on the other hand, how many women these days can boast that they had their first time with darkness personified?

Abigail moaned softly and then looked at him with pleading eyes. "If I let you have me, will you at least promise to be gentle?"

He nodded with a smile and ran a hand through her hair; her scalp tingled wonderfully from his touch. Reluctant at first, Abigail undid her robe, allowing it to slide off of her shoulders and drift silently to the floor. For a brief moment, she stood there blushing and vainly trying to cover her nakedness with her hands. As he encircled her in his arms, she allowed hers to fall to her sides. An intense, pleasant tingling rushed all throughout her body, starting from where one of his hands touched the small of her back. The more he caressed her, the more she craved subjugation; to submit and be a slave to this lord of darkness. She let out another moan of pleasure, rested her head on his shoulder, and closed her eyes. He patted the back of her head, swept her up into his arms bridal style, and then carried her to the bed.
 
My tastes have changed in the 15 years Ive been posting here, and of course I've been setting myself new challenges all the time. Readers most appreciated my "Humor and Satire" stories, which is a category I find easy to write; but maybe because of that, I don't rate them as highly as my recent much more ambitious "Mind Control" story "The Hive".
 
Not having so much to unabashedly promote I have to hold my first story, https://www.literotica.com/s/things-heat-up , ahead of the sequel.

I'm pleased that I was able to get the feelings in focus instead of the sex. We see far to much of such stories anyhow.
It was never intended to have a sequel but after it was done my mind just couldn't let it go.

But I hope that I can evolve so these pieces will be dethroned. I have some seeds planted but it takes time for them to root and really branch out. But they will bare fruit eventually.
 
The first story I wrote for this site was a BDSM story called In The Hallway. It was the first story I wrote, although I published another, much weaker, story, which I wrote in two days and posted just in time for the winter contest, a week before I published In the Hallway last December. Anyway, to my surprise it ended up placing second in the 2016 story contest in the BDSM category, and it's currently ranked number 11 on the all-time Literotica list in the BDSM category.

Interestingly (to me), while it's my highest rated story, it's not even close to being my most-viewed story. In fact, all but one of my 14 stories has received more views, despite being published later and rated lower.
 
I love a good story that puts magic/sci-fi sex powers into a character without that character immediately becoming a complete asshole. Since that's a common flaw in sf/f power and mind control fantasies, I'm writing a story to address those issues of consent and limits, assuring everyone involved in the sexy fun is fully willing and having a good time. So far I'm finding plenty of readers who like it. There's clearly an audience out there for "power fantasy without being a dick."

My most fun story is my current series, Alien Vacation: https://www.literotica.com/s/alien-vacation-ch-01

Kyle is fresh out of a bad relationship and struggling with his job when he meets Xin, an alien psychic entity in desperate need of a human host. Kyle unwittingly takes her in, as it were, and quickly finds his life completely changed. Xin isn't exactly on a mission; she's here on Earth for a very long vacation and wants to share the good times with everyone. She only needs a body to experience it in.

Or, to put it in Kyle's words: "Wait, you're an alien sex tourist?"
 
Best story

My personal circumstances have not allowed me the time to write much in recent times.

The Paul and Jenny series part 11. An hour before mass is one I would like to nominate. It's been years since I last read it.

Paul C
 
My first posted story on Lit was 60,000 words long

https://www.literotica.com/s/shameless-nathan-lloyd

The story of a straight man who treats women as entertainment, without much respect for the concept of consent, until he meets a man who helps clarify it for him by incrementally fucking him into submission.

I originally published it under a different profile, and under non-con, where it did much better than it has posted again under GM.

Writing stories in series without a planned arc, I find my characters evolve over time, which alters the tone of the writing, but I can't wait a full month to post something anymore. Those damn ratings... they're addictive.

It's a trap!


But this was all written in one piece, so it stayed consistent. For that reason, it gets my vote. :D
 
Last edited:
I'm just new!

I actually posted my first story at the end of last month. I guess I am proud of it because it meant overcoming that initial terror of "Will everybody hate it?" and just committing.

That, and while it started as a small idea, it has blossomed out pretty hard and fast. The readers here have been amazing. I love putting my work here.

https://www.literotica.com/s/home-for-horny-monsters-ch-01
 
Back
Top