The 'ice storm'

There was nothing on our news about this. Usually we hear all the bad-weather stuff from America (I suspect it's to make us feel better about all our own crappy droughts, firestorms, floods and cyclones.)
Sounds bad - and so close to Christmas too!

It stinks, can't walk on it, takes a good half hour to get into the car. Trees look lovely but snap under the weight. It's something I don't miss out here. The reason you didn't hear it on Oz news about America is because it's happening in Canada. :)

It stinks, can't walk on it, takes a good half hour to get into the car. Trees look lovely but snap under the weight. It's something I don't miss out here. The reason you didn't hear it on Oz news about America is because it's happening in Canada. :)

I just googled..... seems like some freaky weather is happening all the way from Canada down through the USA.

You could melt all that ice just by going outside :kiss:

I did go outside :)
It's always very pretty after an ice storm.
There are tons of pictures out there that are better than mine, but here are what my plants look like today.

Attachments

• DSCN8647.jpg
    DSCN8647.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN8659.jpg
    DSCN8659.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 31
We lived through four or five ice storms in our time in Ottawa, give me snow, rain, ANYTHING other than freezing rain.

I want to stay with you. The other person is trying to steal my kidneys. :cool:

You're welcome to stay
but I doubt you could survive
the winter north of the border

Snapped a few pics on drive into town

Attachments

• 2013-12-23 1a.jpg
    2013-12-23 1a.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2013-12-23 5a.jpg
    2013-12-23 5a.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013-12-23 2a.jpg
    2013-12-23 2a.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 18
The Ice Storm

interesting movie
theicestormframed.jpg

There was nothing on our news about this. Usually we hear all the bad-weather stuff from America (I suspect it's to make us feel better about all our own crappy droughts, firestorms, floods and cyclones.)
Sounds bad - and so close to Christmas too!

That's because the crappy weather is in Canada.

Ok here in New Brunswick, some people without power and a bit messy.

We lived through four or five ice storms in our time in Ottawa, give me snow, rain, ANYTHING other than freezing rain.

We lived there in 1998, the worst one by far. Some people outside the city to the east were without power for three weeks.

My other neighbour was outside with a hammer, trying to break up the ice. The sidewalk has about 2" of ice.

Now that I have power again, I've also offered to let anyone I know who doesn't to hunker down with us.

I might take you up on that!

Back