Western Life-Closed for Aussie_Wolf

Perplexia

Romance embellisher
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Posts
18,221
My life wasn’t always this way. Chelsea thought as she clamped her green eyes closed. God he smells like the outhouse. She added in her mind as her nose wrinkled from the stench of her husband. Her dress thrown up over her face (he had said it was because her face was so ugly it made his cock soft), her knickers were yanked off, and her legs were roughly pressed as wide as they would go so her grotesque husband could try to shove in his tiny prick. Gasping and wheezing as he tried to push it into her.

Finally he made it in and grabbed the head board to begin slamming into her over and over again for a minute and a half, before letting out a deep grunt and spilling his dead seed into her dry raw hole.
Pulling himself up he stuffed it back in his pants muttering what a scoundrel her father had been for selling him a barren cow.

Over the years she believed the words he said to her. He said them so often and with such hatred. Once she had lived on a hill, and had pretty dresses. She was kind to everyone she met. She had loved to laugh, and dance. After church she would stop by the mine and give the workers some fresh muffins she had made.
When her father became ill, he couldn’t work anymore. Her mother had passed when she was about six.

He believed that the best thing for her was to be married. His thought was that he would be sure she had a life to be provided for. She was pretty and sweet, and he thought the richest man in the county would make a good husband. So he made a deal with George. When he died he would marry his daughter and get all his land and what was left of the money he had saved. She was grateful he didn’t get to see what a poor choice he made.

Now she wasn’t allowed out of the house unless her husband was with her. He found great pleasure in humiliating her, sometimes he would a rope around her and pull her into the mud in the middle of town. He often called her names and threatened to put her in the whore house so he could make something off of her.

As he slammed her bedroom door she opened her eyes, pushed her dress down and swung her legs off her bed hurrying to the wash basin to scrub his filthy touch and spilled seed off of her flesh. She stifled a cry as her body reminded her how she had gotten to the room. He had thrown something on the kitchen floor and she had quickly gotten down to clean it up. He grabbed her by the hair and dragged her up the stairs after a few slaps. His drunken ramblings unfortunately happened quite often.

Still she had to be grateful for her life. She had a beautiful home, a cook and a maid. It was more than most did in these parts. Her duties were to ensure that foods her husband wanted were prepared, that he had his tobacco and ointments from town, and that she endure his mating in pursuit of an heir.

Although she truly wanted a child, she wasn't saddened over her lack of being successfully planted with his seed. If it was a boy it would be safe but raised to be just like him, but a girl he would simply trade to acquire more of his self-proclaimed empire of the west.

From an early age she had been taught that it is a wives duty to obey and provide her husband with heirs. They were to keep a good home, and never complain. That was simply what the church said and what was expected of the women. Of course she was also taught to be kind to others and the less fortunate.

After a fierce cleaning to try and wipe him from ever having touched her body, she put on her knickers and removed her dress to examine the latest bruises. From the looks of her body one would think she had been in a carriage accident and fallen down a rocky hill. She locked her door and got her night shirt on and put her 5’5 frame to bed after brushing out her auburn locks.
 
Trevor looked out of his bedroom window and out over his lands. It had been years since he had left this part of the world to fight in the wars. He used to play with a young girl who had the most beautiful smile when he was younger, and had admired her from afar as he had grown up.

She had been way to pretty for one such as him to ever dream of having. He was but the poor son of a farmer and she was the daughter of a landowner. Still he was just glad that he got to see her each day. He may have been older than her but that still did not change the fact of his infatuation.

He still remembered the day he and the rest of the young men had ridden out of the village bound for the war. There had only been ten of them yet every villager had turned out to see them off but he had only searched for one face. He had seen her waving and had imagined it was him she was waving to although he knew it wasn't.

Now he was back, an older an wiser man from the boy who had left and changed in ways he had never thought possible. He was rich in both wealth and family, having people who now followed and relied on him. He had fought well in the wars and had earned money looting at first and then by rising in the ranks. By the time the war had ended he had been a well respected Captain and led a small group of knights and men of his own. Indeed most of them had joined him here. Smiling he watched as the sun rose over the hilltops and shone down on the fields of wheat and grapes he had planted and the vegetables and livestock.

There was only one thing missing from his life and he had tried several times to find it, by no woman had seemed to satisfy him. He shook his head. He knew what the problem was and he knew the solution. He had to find the girl again and get her out of his system. He had sent his best men out to try and find her and eventually they had all come back. None had found a trace except one with a rumor of her being sold after her father had died.

He had sent them back to follow it up and they had found her and observed her as only they could, eventually reporting back on her condition. He had been furious that the girl he knew was now treated this way. He had gone to look for himself and it took all his will power not to kill the brute straight away. No it would be better to do this legally.

Now he dressed in a clean set of leathers and took two rolled pieces of parchment from his desk and left his room. Strapping on a well used sword he walked out of his Manor and gestured for his horse, smiling to the boy who brought it over. Mounting he observed the two men who would accompany him and the small coach and gestured them forward. It was a good hours ride to the village where she was and he wanted to be there quickly. He was determined that she would not spend another night under the same roof as that pig.
 
Last edited:
The roster crowed and her eyes reluctantly opened. Starting to move she winced, the pain shot through her like daggers. Regardless she had to get up to supervise the cook and collect the eggs. Placing on a worn dress she brushed through her hair and placed it on top of her head before washing her face in the cold basin water.

Looking in the mirror she barely recognized herself. Her face was worn and she looked years older then she was. With only the hope of him not waking up did she bother to find the gumption to leave her room and head down the stairs.

The air was crisp as she set out to the hen house to gather the eggs and feed the chickens. Her husband believed that the feeding the livestock was her job, since she had a bed to sleep in, and clothes to wear.

She stopped to smell a small batch of flowers and give herself a moment of pleasure before heading into the kitchen to hand the eggs off to the cook. "Morning Gerta" she said softly. "Morning miss, I see he was at it again". Chelsea ignored the comment and poured a cup of hot tea for herself, and started his coffee.

"he's gonna kill ya one day" she said half under her breath. Chelsea thought 'one can hope'. But ignored the comment and set the table with his plate. She didn't eat with her husband, he would make some comment about her souring his food or such. She was simply a legal slave in his eyes.

When she heard him bellowing and grunting she made her way out the back door to feed the rest of the livestock. By the time she was back he had finished breakfast and was in his office. While clearing the table there was a knock at the door. She could barely hear what was said but the maid took the gentleman into Georges office.
 
Trevor arrived early, but the man was already in his office according to his maid and his wife was 'Indisposed', he was told after he had made a casual inquiry. Just what that meant considering the treatment he put her through he was not sure, but he swallowed his anger and asked to see her master.

He was escorted to an office where the portly man did not even rise from his chair behind his desk to great him. Instead he just gestured to the chair in front of him and continued to write in a large book.

Trevor was actually surprised the man could read and write, but then thought better of it. He probably trusted no one but himself to keep track of his wealth and possessions.

Finally after being forced to wait an undue amount of time, the man finally looked up and smiled oily at him. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Sir. I hardly get visitors and generally not ones unannounced."

Again Trevor had to keep his anger in check and remind himself that killing the man would be more trouble than it was worth.

"My name is Trevor Loup Gris Sir and I have recently returned from the war. Now that in itself has nothing to do with you but I used to live around these parts and had my eye on a certain girl and promised myself that if I survived I would marry her."

He saw the man's eyes and face turn dark with suspicion. "Unfortunately for me, it seems you have gotten to her first. However I have asked around and it seems as if she was given to you with a bride price, a price I am willing to more than match."

Now the man's eyes filled with greed and he leaned forward licking his lips.

"I have here two contracts. One is a deed to a large parcel of land joining your own. It gives you access to another 100 acres. That is almost a third the size of what you own now. The other is a contract for your wife, stating you give up all rights to her and that she is a free woman, with the right to marry again. You have 1 minute to sign the latter. While you do I will sign mine. Do we have an agreement sir?"
 
Chelsea poked her head around to the banister to see the maid with her ear positioned against the door listening in. George rarely ever had anyone here, If someone did show up it normally meant some type of trouble.

"The stranger wants to give him land for you" she quickly walked silently over to where Chelsea was hiding to tell her with joy. "I'm not sure which is worse a man that has lost his mind or George." she said with slight concern. A smile then crossed her face and the maid and her both smiled and said "George". A small giggle erupted and she grasped her side and winced.

The maid went back to the door and whispered "he's signing!!!" A wave of relief went over her and it was as if the weight of the world went off her shoulders. She moved as quick as her body would let her to her room where she packed the few things she had and waited.

____

George looked at the man as if he were insane. Shaking his head he tried to mask the joy on his face at his good fortune. Land was like gold in these parts. All he wanted in exchange was his barren cow of a wife. He would have given her to him for a 1/4 of what he offered.

Dipping the quill in ink He placed it on the paper. "Just so we are clear, there is not trade backs." With that he signed his name quickly while the man signed the land agreement.

"Women get your things and get out you're not my burden any longer." George bellowed through the office door.

Chelsea grabbed her bag and made her way down the stairs as quickly as she could wincing all of the way. The man that stood there, the one responsible she thought for her freedom looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn't place him.

Walking outside the fresh air hit her like it never had before. Tears of joy streamed down her face as she climbed into the carriage.
 
Trevor looked at the man as he bellowed and shook his head. He had already retrieved the document securing Chelsea's freedom and was walking from the room. As she walked down the steps he saw her wincing and grabbing her sides and his eyes flashed with anger again. Well he might not be able to kill the man but maybe he could hurt him in other ways.

He looked and saw the maid and then saw the cook peeking through the door. He was amazed that a house of this size did not have more staff, but then again this guy seemed to be more interested in money, land and humiliating his wife. Smiling he raised his voice a little as Chelsea left the house.

"With the lady of the house gone it stands to reason that there will be no reason for a maid to still be employed here and I can always use good cooks at my estate. Perhaps you ladies would care to join me as well."

With a whoop both ladies quickly ran to their quarters and ran out and joined their mistress in the carriage while George spluttered in rage. "Now see here this was not part of the deal. I have a good mind to..." he said charging towards him.

While George might have stood all of 6 foot 2 and once been muscular, he was now fat and only had bulk going for him. Trevor was 6 foot 4 and was well muscled. The muscle you get from hard work, in his case killing people, a fact George seemed to have forgotten.

As quick as a striking snake his sword was out and pointed at George's throat. "You should stop while you still live. Take another step and I will not have to part with that land and indeed I will add yours to my holdings."

Smiling he waited a good ten heartbeats before sheathing his blade and walking out the door and mounting his horse. He kicked it into a trot and they moved out. He wanted to be away from this place and back home. Then he could see to Chelsea and explain some things.
 
Chelsea was surprised and pleased when the maid and the cook came running through the door with their bags and joined her in the carriage. "Oh miss he's a handsome gentleman, and so gracious to take us with you." "Very kind indeed" she said softly trying her best not to cry out when the carriage would hit a spot and bounce them around.

It wouldn't have been such a rough ride if it weren't for the condition of her body. It took a few hours to reach the magnificent estate. Looking out at it reminded her of a dream or perhaps it had been a memory. She had been with a slightly older boy and they played in the tall grasses. It was the most beautiful place she had ever seen.

The carriage driver took her hand and helped her out with the maid and cook. As they were escorted inside her eyes widened at the gorgeous insides of the main house. "Miss" a girl curtsied in front of her "My name is emma, i'm to take you upstairs to get a bath, and then the doctor will see you"

"There's no need to fuss Emma, I don't need a doctor." She was thinking of the fuss, and money that would have to spent for one. "Masters instructions Ma'am no way around it." With gentle care she took her arm and began walking he up the winding stair case. The maid and the cook were taken to the staff quarters.
 
Trevor was quiet throughout the ride home. He had been going to talk to her, but the inclusion of the other women had put a stop to that. Once they got back he had already left instructions that she was to get shown to the rooms he had prepared for her and get a physical from their doctor.

He had assigned Emma to her. A small slender girl of about 15. Cute and very non threatening. She should make her feel at ease. Of course if she knew what the girl was capable of she might not be, he chuckled.

Her cook would be welcomed. They could always use a good experienced hand in their kitchens, and a good maid was also hard to find. If needed she could be assigned to Chelsea and Emma could become her handmaiden.

For now though he needed to vent some anger. He handed the reins of hi horse to the stable boy and headed for the training yard. Half an hour later and two destroyed dummies he felt much better. He would have to send a crate of beer to the men who would have to fix his mess. Oh he knew they would understand but it was not their fault and they shouldn't have to pick up after him.

He had a quick bath and changed his clothes and was then informed of her condition. It was as he feared. She was bruised and battered and had signs of recent and old injuries, some minor, others severe. Anger again flooded him. What sort of man could do that to a woman that was supposed to be his wife?

The doctor assured him that with a few days of rest the latest injuries would heal. Smiling Trevor thanked him and he left going back to his small house on the estate. Meanwhile Trevor drank a small glass of wine then made his way to Chelsea's door and knocked.

Emma opened it and smiled up at him and then called back into the room. "It is the Lord Trevor Madam. Shall I allow him to enter?"
 
Chelsea had been bandaged and had ointment placed on her and told not to move from the bed. Although her ribs were only bruised he suspected an old break that didn't heal properly.

When she said the name she fumbled over it. She had known a Trevor when she was a child but he wasn't a lord. She smiled remembering how kind he had been to her. She had such a crush on him, but he was older then her, and left to make his way in life.

She remembered she had cried about his leaving and her father told her that she couldn't have married him anyway because he had been beneath her station. That was who the man had remind her of. Could it really be him.

Stroking down her hair and pulling up the covers she struggled to sit up.

"Please Emma, send him in."
 
Trevor walked in and found Chelsea sitting up in bed. She looked a little better than she had this morning but she was nowhere near the beauty he remembered. He would never forgive George for letting her get to this stage. However he knew with a little time she would once again regain the spark she had lost.

Bringing over a chair he sat down next to her bed and smiled at her. "I suppose I should explain what is going on to you. I think you know that I purchased you from your husband and you probably think that now means you are to be my wife," he smiled in a self conscious way and ran his hand through his hair. "While I would love that I am not going to force you to do it."

Standing up he began to pace at the end of the bed afraid to look at her. "I would like to tell you a little story. There once was a farm boy who had a crush on a beautiful younger girl. Unfortunately she was way above his station but they were able to play together and for a little while he was happy. However as he grew older he began to realize that no matter how much he might wish it, he would never be able to be able to make her his wife."

He turned to her and smiled. "So one day he decided to leave home and venture out into the world to make something of himself so he would be worthy enough to come back and ask that girl to be his wife."

Again he smiled sheepishly. "I think you can guess that this boy was me and the girl was you. It took me awhile but I did make something of myself. The army was good to me. I found out I was good at two things, killing people who needed killing and looking after people who needed that. Most of the people here I have rescued." Actually most of the people here were something else but that could be discussed later.

Coming back to sit beside her he again looked into her eyes. "I know this is a lot to take in but I hope you will choose to stay here, even if it is only until you are better."
 
Chelsea couldn't help but smile as Trevor paced and told his story of their youth and listened to all he had to say. "Once there was a little redheaded girl, with freckles and a love of mischief. Her best friend was a little boy who was a few years older then her.

One day her mother passed away, and she cried and cried, thinking nothing would ever make her smile again. This boy, he told her not to worry that he was going to be there for her. As they played and grew up she thought him the handsomest boy in the whole world, and wanted nothing more then to just sit under that old oak tree and dig for worms with him."

She looked into his eyes and continued. "One day that boy went away" she thought her tears would never stop, and her heart would never mend. She turned down all of her suitors because none could make her laugh like that boy. Then her pa became sick, and despite her wanting to take care of him, he found her a rich husband to ensure she was taken care of. He didn't know the man was a pig."

She closed her eyes for a moment to gain her composure before continuing. "I'm not the same girl that little boy loved, and he's not the same boy that little girl loved. I will stay, and we will get to know who these new people we've become. It may take a week or a month, and one day the man that the boy has become may ask the woman the girl has become to share his life with him. Or he may choose to find a wife that is not this shattered mess before him."
 
Trevor's face had split into a huge smile as she told her own story. If only she had told him how she felt or he had told her, perhaps things would have been different. Still it was nice to know that she had loved him as a child and perhaps still loved him even now.

However she was right. They were not the same people they had been as children. He had changed a lot. Years of killing had made him a little harder, a little grimmer. He had been to some dark places and done many dark deeds. It left a taint on a man that was hard to get rid of, and then of course there was that other thing.

Still he did have his people, his saving grace as it were. They were always there to support him and remind him that while war had been hell, it had also been necessary.

He looked at Chelsea and smiled. "I am happy with that and look forward to meeting the woman the young girl has become." As he stood up and turned to go to the door he stopped and picked up her hand and gently kissed it. "I will tell you something though. You may be battered and bruised, but you are still a beautiful woman. Now if you will excuse me. I have been ordered to not tire you out, but I will come back at lunch time and we can talk again."

Smiling he turned and left heading towards his study. As much as he wanted to spend all day with her, he did have his own duties to perform.
 
She smiled and blushed when he kissed her hand and excused himself. Adding "I look forward to it" regarding his return.

Having practically lived her adult life in solitude she was use to being alone and rather enjoyed it. But something stirred in her when he left the room. A feeling of the need to be connected to someone again. They had spent more years as friends then she had been married to that pig George. There were a lot of memories she found herself filing through as she laid there in this nice plush bed.

Chelsea hoped that there was still that young boy inside him that she had fallen for. She had thought he had broken her heart when he left, that he had broken his promise of always being there for her. But he didn't. He came for her, even when she had lost all hope. Even when he had no idea that as a young girl she had loved him.

Now he was a Lord, and had made a family of sorts, and a life of sorts. Like her he had been shaped by the years. She hoped that the would be able to find that chemistry they once had. His kindness and gentleness was still apparent. That was a good sign.

But there was also something raw and dangerous she had seen in his eyes for a brief moment. Considering her previous years she should have been frightened. But it didn't frighten her, perhaps because she didn't feel it directed at her.

Closing her eyes she went to sleep thinking of when they were young and mischievous.
 
Trevor looked over the work that awaited him. It was not much. He had good people and they knew what to do. Hell they had been together long enough that they should and they knew that they did not need to bother him about every little detail unlike some other lords. He trusted their judgement and they only brought the truly worthy things to his attention.

He looked over the papers. One was from his second in command Peters although he should probably stop calling him that now. What would he be called now? A Major Domo. Damn he was going to have to get used to all these new titles. It seemed that all repairs had been completed on the villagers houses, the mill and the village. It had gone over budget a little but not by much and the savings they would recoup next year would more than make up for it.

He also looked at the state of his land and the villagers and peasants. It seemed that the last Lord had only been concerned with his own land and had worked his peasants into near starvation. While his storehouses had been bulging, his people had been starving. It was fortunate that the man had died in battle and the king had granted him these lands in recognition of his services.

His people would be living on the Manors grounds and in the village, but he had sent them out to help getting the peasants back on their feet. He had also distributed the food from the storehouses until they had got back on their feet. He now only required them to work 3 days a week on his land and he had reduced the amount they had to pay to use his mill and other facilities. The previous lord had been a fool. In less than a year all of his peasants would have been dead and though he would have been rich what would he have done then?

Next he looked over at the map on the wall and chuckled at the sight. He saw the 100 acres he had sold to that pig of a man George. He had been so greedy he had not even looked at it. It was true that 10 acres of it was fine fertile land, however another 30 was rocky barren land and the rest was deep forest. Of course good hunting could be done in there but he had a feeling that wolves would be in those woods for a long time to come and no man George ever sent to hunt in there would ever be successful. No poor George just might not be too happy about his deal.

Quickly dealing with the paperwork he sighed and walked outside. He hated being cooped up. This was where he belonged, outside in the air. Walking towards the gate he decided a quick tour of the gardens was in order. Besides he wanted a surprise waiting for Chelsea when she woke up.
 
Emma slowly roused Chelsea from her dream where she and Trevor had found an old mine and had gone exploring. They always had fun doing what they were told not to. Even back then he was always looking out for her, and kept her safe. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around the large room and up to Emma.

"Its time to eat Ma'am and reapply your ointment, and you can have some more Laudanum for the pain if you want it after you eat." She looked at the closed door. "Is Lord Trevor joining me for lunch?" she asked lightly.

"I believe that was his plan Ma'am, I'll find him and let you know it's time for your meal if you wish. But lets get your bandages changed first."

"Alright Emma" she agreed. It was apparent that she was quite happy with the idea of taking care of her. Chelsea couldn't remember the last time she had anyone treat her as her station required. Since marrying George she had always had to take care of herself. He said she wasn't a spoiled princess any longer and he wasn't wasting good money on an attendant for her.

Once the bandages and ointment were reapplied. Emma went off in search of Lord Trevor as Chelsea worked on brushing her hair to appear somewhat presentable for him.
 
Trevor had spent the rest of the morning walking around the immediate estate. Well actually he should get used to just calling it the house or Manor. All these fancy words were new to him and quite frankly he was having a hard time coming to grips that they applied to him.

Still the Manor itself consisted of the place he lived in, the servants quarters, the gardens, the barracks and training yard, the stables and the animal pens. It was all surrounded by a 10 foot high wall and had a solid gate that could be closed just in case. To his eye it was merely a scaled down castle, just far more luxurious.

The rest of his Estate consisted of somewhere between 2000 to 3000 acres of land. Not all of it was usable of course. There were streams, lakes, mountains, forests etc on them but they all belonged to him and he had the right to fish and mine them if he so wished. However he also had to make sure the roads were secure and well maintained and to protect all who lived on his lands.

At the moment that included three village's and lot's of farms. He knew that the normal way an estate was run was that the lord maintained order and fixed the buildings and roads, while the peasants worked the land and paid him to use his mill, ovens and transport as well as worked the lords land a certain number of days a week. They also had to pay a part of their crops as taxes for living on the lords land.

Trevor however was going to change this. He had brought his own people with him. They had been with him for most of the war and there were men and women and children. All of them were fighters but now they wanted to settle down. He was going to create a new Village near the Manor on his own personal land and let them all farm that. The Manor had over 500 acres of it's own, more than enough for this purpose. It also meant he had his standing army close by. Of course some would stay in the barracks at all times, but they would be rotated on and off.

This meant the peasants no longer had to pay for an army meaning he could relax taxes and they didn't have to work his fields meaning their own would flourish. He also had ideas about that. He had seen some interesting ideas about farming while traveling that yielded higher returns. He was going to test them out on his fields first and if it worked then pass them onto his people. Hopefully in a few years time this would be one of the most prosperous regions of the kingdom.

He had other ideas, but as he wandered his gardens his main concern was finding a few items. He went up and down the rows of beds hoping to find what he was looking for but he was not able to spy them. He began to growl in frustration. This lord before him had been one for extravagance and had brought flowers from other countries and planted them all over his estate, yet had failed to cultivate the most beautiful one that grew right here. Now he knew the man was a fool.

He had all but given up when he caught sight of the distinctive blossom underneath a large tree. Making his way carefully towards it he looked up and smiled. An oak, how fitting. Looking below it he found several large bushes in full bloom and his smile widened. Carefully he selected six flowers and cut off the long stems with his knife and tucked them safely in his jacket. Walking back the way he had come he looked at the sun and realize the time.

He had just walked in the front doors when Emma walked down the stairs and saw him. "My Lord. My Lady Chelsea is up and is prepared to eat lunch."

Trevor smiled then washed his hands in a basin kept near the door. Drying them he walked towards her then began to ascend the stairs stopping beside her to briefly tussle her hair. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Trevor when it is just us Emma." he smiled.

Emma beamed for a second then resumed her usual small smile. "That won't do My Lord. You are no longer just our Captain but our Lord and master."

Trevor groaned but just shook his head. The child was incorrigible. Walking past her he made his way towards Chelsea's room, hearing Emma fall in behind him. He knocked on her door and then after waiting for his heart to beat three times he walked in.

He found her sitting up in bed and he made his way to the chair that Emma must have moved next to the bed for him. He sat down then nodded to Emma that she could send for the luncheon. Smiling at Chelsea he reached into his jacket and delicately removed the flowers and handed them to her.

"I seem to recall these were your favorite madam. I thought I would pick some to cheer you up."
 
Chelsea's eyes lit up when he walked in the room. A smile crossed her face so wide it almost hurt. Her eyes danced as they hadn't in years as he sat down next to her. He smelled of the outdoors. His cheeks had a little bit of red on them from the sun.

As he pulled out the flowers and told her he remember they were her favorite she couldn't stop the tears from falling. For years of living without being even a second thought she was overwhelmed. The simple thoughtfulness that went into it, the fact that even after all of these years he remembered just set her on an emotional explosion.

For years she had just held everything inside and just taken it on the chin. The beatings. the insults, the degradation and humiliation had all compiled inside of her. Her hand reached for him. She wanted to hug him, she wanted to be comforted by him. Regardless of how inappropriate it may be.

He leaned over and embraced her holding her tight to him as she clung to him. Trevor was no longer the boy but now a man, she could feel his muscles on his back an relished in the hard chest she was pressed against. It had been years since she allowed herself to think of him, and now he was here holding her to him, without a doubt she considered him her salvation.
 
Trevor was not quite sure why his gift had brought on such a reaction, but he knew what to do in the situation and that was to hold on and comfort. As he did he felt all the different ways in which she had changed and those that she hadn't.

Her body certainly had. There was a lot more of it, and definitely more in certain areas. Gone was the skinny girl he had played with. Now she was a full grown woman with certain attributes that had not been there before.

However as he held her, he could feel how skinny she still was. In fact too skinny. had that bastard been starving her? Well she would eat right from now on he would see to that. Still even though she was taller, her hair was longer, and she had filled out, it was amazing. She still smelled the same.

They used to lie together after playing all day and look up at the sky, making shapes of the clouds, or telling stories of what they would do when they grew up, and the one thing he could vividly recall from then was how her hair smelt. Right now as he held her it still smelled the same.

Trevor held on and comforted her until she was all cried out and then found a small cloth and offered it to her so she could clean herself up. Smiling he was amazed just how cute she looked even all messed up.

"Now that we have got that out of our systems, let's see what the cooks have prepared for our lunch shall we?"

He didn't want to bring any undue attention to what had just happened. If she wanted to tell him why she would, but for now it seemed like something she needed to do.

Emma must have sneaked in and out quietly for as he turned to summon her he saw a large tray with two covered bowls, a plate with large thick slices of bread still steaming from the oven, knobs of butter and a small bowl of fruit.

getting up h brought the tray back and set it up on the bed and then uncovered the bowls. the aroma of a thick hearty stew was released and his mouth began to water. "Well it seems they have taken a liking to you. Miss Hastings stew is famous. Do you know i think it was this that won me my title not my battle prowess. She could cook a stew that would have you drooling for more in the middle of a battlefield," he chuckled.
 
Chelsea smiled softly as she wiped the tears from her face. He hadn't questioned her outburst or reacted other then to comfort her. Her eyes danced as he talked about the food. "It looks and smells delicious" she said as he placed the tray on her lap.

"I'm sure it was more then stew that won your title my lord" she said softly. "From what I remember of you, you were always in a hurry to get into some sort of trouble and drag me along with you." she let out a laugh "I will admit I did have some part in getting us into trouble"

Taking a bite of the stew she rolled her eyes back and made a heavenly "mmm". "oh my goodness this is so good. I could eat this forever and never want another thing." she grinned and took another bite savoring the vegetables.

Looking up from her bowl she gave him another smile. "Do you remember when we raided Lord Bradbury's vegetable garden?"
 
Trevor had just taken a large mouthful of stew when she mentioned Lord Bradbury and he almost spurted it out onto her bed. Luckily he was able to keep it in and swallow it, but then he laughed.

"Oh I thought he would pop a blood vessel. Of course if you hadn't thought of releasing his hogs into the garden we probably would have been caught instead of him eating pork for a month," he chuckled. "However it was worth it to see the looks on everyone's faces when we snuck it into the village."

They ate in silence for a little then Trevor waited until she took a mouthful and calmly asked, "Oh do you remember the time your dad found us naked together in the barn?"

He waited for her reaction, wondering if she remembered they had only been children and it had only been because she had slipped and fallen in the lake and he had gone in and pulled her out and she had insisted they dry their clothes so they didn't catch colds. She had washed them, hung them out to dry and then they had buried themselves in the hay to keep warm.

He was pretty sure he had started to fall in love with her then. Of course her dad had found them and before they could explain he had been switched all the way home. He was sure he still had a few scars on his bum from that day.
 
She couldn't help laughing as he recalled their visit to Lord Bradbury's garden. She gripped her side to try to mask the pain the laughter caused but wouldn't have traded that memory for anything. She could see that young boy so clearly in the man that was before her now.

When he brought up the barn it was her turn to almost spew out stew. Instead she laughed, choked and coughed as tears of laughter came from her eyes. "I do remember that indeed. My father threatened to send me away to boarding school. Eventually he let me tell him what really happened. So no boarding school, he was too full of pride to apologize to you, but by letting me play with you again was his way of doing it I suppose. I would have drowned if it hadn't been for you." she smiled remembering what a sopping mess they were.

She started laughing again as another memory hit her mind. "Do you remember Massey Edwards? Long red hair and freckles. She had the biggest crush on you, and told me she was going to marry you because you loved her. When I asked her how she knew that, she said because you pulled her pigtails." she grinned and added. "I think all of the girls had a crush on you, and hated me because you were always by my side."
 
Trevor was happy to see her laughing. Her face lit up when she did and her whole body changed. She went from just being beautiful to being absolutely stunning. Even now when she wasn't at her best it could be seen.

When she mentioned Massey Edwards he had to wrack his brains for a minute before he could again picture the girl. It was kind of hard to pick one out actually as there had been so many. He had only had eyes for Chelsea of course, but he probably would have remembered her no matter what anyway as they spent so much time together.

The other girls always seemed to be doing other things, and only came out to play occasionally. Besides they never wanted to do the stuff he and Chelsea did. They wanted to play make believe and dolls. Chelsea was always up for an adventure.

He could hardly even remember why he had pulled her pig tails. Then suddenly he burst out laughing. "Oh my god. I just remembered why I pulled those damn things. I wanted to know if she would squeal as loudly as a real pig if I did. As I recall the answer was yes." He broke into laughter again and then wiped a tear from his eye as he finally calmed down.

"Ahh well all those other girls did not stand a chance. By the time I found out there were other things you could do with girls besides play with them I was already smitten with you," he blushed.
 
His laugh was infectious and she started laughing as well so hard in fact she started coughing. As she gripped her ribs and finally gained control she kept the smile of admiration upon her face.

"You were the most handsome boy in the county. I was trying to gain the courage to ask you to run away with me. But I felt so guilty leaving pa alone. Then it was too late and you were gone. I cried myself to sleep for weeks, then I convinced myself you would write me. So i went everyday to see if a letter arrived for me. Eventually I went every other day, then once a week, then once a month, and then I just buried myself in my books.

She smiled to him. "And here you are again, saving me, and making me laugh as if no time had ever passed. I haven't felt so much joy since you made me dance with you at the barn raising party for Old Pipen. I can still remember you waiving to me from the roof and almost falling to your death." she started laughing again. Closing her eyes for a moment she remembered the way the sweat glistened off his forehead on the roof and the way the sun hit his eyes. She remembered the way it felt to be so close to him as they danced.

"You were always a trouble maker" she accused him squinting her eyes and shaking her finger, as Mrs McCalister always did to him. She tried to get the voice right and found herself laughing again. "Oh my how much I missed you." she said wiping a loose tear from her eyes.
 
Trevor had smiled then reached out to her in worry as her coughing fit caused her to wince in pain. Maybe he should not make her laugh so hard even if it brought her joy if it was going to cause her pain. He could wait until she was well again before bringing up happy memories.

Then once again she did, mentioning the barn dance. That had been one of the happiest days in his young life. Sure he had acted out trying to get her attention that day, but it had all been worth it when they had danced together that night. He had been able to hold her in his arms for the first time as a grown man and it had been magnificent. It had been that night that had convinced him to actually leave and make something of himself so he could marry her.

"And I have missed you as well and I am sorry I did not write. At first I could not and then we were so far away it would have taken too long. By the time I was able too I was afraid you would have forgotten me and I just decided to wait until I could come back. Of course we both know how that turned out, but I am glad you are here now."

He looked at her and smiled. "Now you must rest up. I want you fit as a fiddle very soon so I can show you the rest of the place."
 
She'd forgive him, she always forgave him. No matter what he did she would always forgive him, simply because he was Trevor. She smiled back to him and handed him her tray.

"I know that you probably have much to do, but if you have time I would love for you to read to me. Or perhaps we could play cards sometime. This staying in bed is going to drive me crazy. But I will rest, because you asked me to." Slowly she scooted down in the bed and closed her eyes.

Trevor was here, he wouldn't let anything happen to her ever again. She told herself smiling as she drifted off to sleep. Her dreams took her back to when they were children, images of when they danced together, the way she had felt always in his presence.

When she woke it was dark out and Emma sat by her bed with a book. "You slept through dinner Ma'am, i'll go fetch some for you and let the master know you're up"
 
Back
Top