"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumpleteazer said:
*sigh*

no matter how good you are
theres always someone better isn't there?

You can't look at it that way--everyone is learning, always. I read other poets here and elsewhere, and I think about why they're good, what works for them, what can I learn from it? Nobody is ever always "best," ever. We're all at some point on the learning curve and if we're not willing to learn, we stagnate.

Ultimately, the only one I'm competing with is me--trying to improve from where I've been.

:rose:

Lauren Hynde said:
Ooo, a mystery!
Not really, my mailbox is set to receive pms... I'll bet yours is, too. We can narrow this down to the one poet on the preceeding page who admits to having 'em off and I think we'll have solved the non-mystery.

Although, neo could have just made a finger booble and sent to someone other than me :mad: <<< they don't have an envy smiley.

champagne1982 said:
Not really, my mailbox is set to receive pms... I'll bet yours is, too. We can narrow this down to the one poet on the preceeding page who admits to having 'em off and I think we'll have solved the non-mystery.
Except that by the time I saw Neo's post, said poet had already changed the settings, leaving me in doubt. :(

hm...

I too am watching with great interest. I do love a mystery. And I was inspired to try to wander into my own settings and try really hard to figure out how to get it all set up so people can talk to me in any way they choose. I hope I've managed. Any admin with the authority to do so is welcome to advise or adjust me if it's needed.

To answer a question from way back in the thread, a "bindrune" is a sigil created by overlaying several runic symbols over one another. It's used in Norse magick (spelling there is deliberate, a modern convention used to differentiate "spellwork" from "sleight of hand").

Been reading Jamison's work. I am flattered by the comparison between our work. I have other rather more, let's say, visceral responses to his work as well, but I'll save those for my bubble bath tonight.

bijou

unpredictablebijou said:
I too am watching with great interest. I do love a mystery. And I was inspired to try to wander into my own settings and try really hard to figure out how to get it all set up so people can talk to me in any way they choose. I hope I've managed. Any admin with the authority to do so is welcome to advise or adjust me if it's needed.

To answer a question from way back in the thread, a "bindrune" is a sigil created by overlaying several runic symbols over one another. It's used in Norse magick (spelling there is deliberate, a modern convention used to differentiate "spellwork" from "sleight of hand").

Been reading Jamison's work. I am flattered by the comparison between our work. I have other rather more, let's say, visceral responses to his work as well, but I'll save those for my bubble bath tonight.

bijou
LOL .. or pm him with them :devil:

Jamison said:
Now, I'm not going to pm at all. ;) I'm a little embarassed because my post about someone's pm not being activated was due to being bothered, but not the way ya'll are suggesting.

And by the way, their pm is still not activated.

Well whatever, but nobody is buying this virgin business, Mr. J. ;)

PS I just said to LeBroz, but I should to you that the Evian poem is excellent, really great writing and very funny. I'm saving it as a cautionary tale to ee for why he is so lucky to have me. :D

Jamison said:
And you shouldn't believe the virgin business, at least not with my alts put together.

That Evian poem is funny, it still makes me laugh, though not some, I think I got punk'd for being a meanie in poking fun at such idiot man behavior.

Nah you got punk'd cuz we all do here.

I know some very, very smart men (like here, for example) and I've done some real dumb stuff in my day, but I believe that only morbidly excess testosterone can account for Evian bottles, hoover phenomena and assorted bad gerbil behaviors. :D

Night, buddy.

:rose:

Jamison said:
Now, I'm not going to pm at all. ;) I'm a little embarassed because my post about someone's pm not being activated was due to being bothered, but not the way ya'll are suggesting.

And by the way, their pm is still not activated.
I am ... bothered that is. Just reading some of those lil scribbly things you store here at lit are enough to keep me in bathtub bliss for the rest of the year.

champagne1982 said:
I am ... bothered that is. Just reading some of those lil scribbly things you store here at lit are enough to keep me in bathtub bliss for the rest of the year.
:kiss: Thanks, I needed another image for a dirty poem.

Lauren Hynde said:
You can't have us both, mister! It's either her bathtub bliss or my beer batter. :mad:

Your av is scary. Are you trying to put the muscle (fin?) on Rybbka? :D

Angeline said:
Your av is scary. Are you trying to put the muscle (fin?) on Rybbka? :D
You're lucky I chose the grouper AV instead of the ocean sunfish. It would make you fall off your chair!

Lauren Hynde said:
You're lucky I chose the grouper AV instead of the ocean sunfish. It would make you fall off your chair!

email it to me. knowing you, it's probably worth the bruise. :kiss:

Thanks for the mention, LeBroz. Yes, it's early, but the only other explosion or lights that tickles my sides that I could think of happens along the Vegas strip. But it's too hot there. So, early Christmas it is.

- Judo

Just for the record Angeline, it's not OK to copy poems out of magazines and post them here without the expressed permission from the author.

Why not quote a few lines and
refer the readers to the magazine?

It's hard enough for poets to become established enough to be
rewarded financially for their efforts without people copying their
art and pasting it all over the net.

I'm sure you meant well but, it's really not a cool thing to do.

andy

Helppppppp needed pleeeease ..... the site didnt want to know me this morning apparently I didnt exist and now the link to my submissions won't work where do I find it again .. sob?

Cub4ucme said:
Just for the record Angeline, it's not OK to copy poems out of magazines and post them here without the expressed permission from the author.

Why not quote a few lines and
refer the readers to the magazine?

It's hard enough for poets to become established enough to be
rewarded financially for their efforts without people copying their
art and pasting it all over the net.

I'm sure you meant well but, it's really not a cool thing to do.

andy

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=327618

This has been around for two years
you may have missed it
I think you should go tell them they aren't cool
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back