pretty planes

hqdefault.jpg


Watch out for the black airplanes.

How much of a runway do you really need?
 
Last edited:
BhcivukCUAEmntE.jpg


Dumbass hand props his 185 and doesn't jump in it. Plane self taxis and chews up two other planes. Story
 
Those Bush planes with the tundra tires are awesome. They like tail draggers so that the props are higher above the brush and gravel .

Now, shouldn't they have to load a dressed moose before they take off again?
 
lajitasairport.jpg


Airport Operations
Airport use: Private use. Permission required prior to landing

29122.jpg
 
I LOL'd.

IMG]http://airpigz.com/storage/large/2012/de-Havilland-Mosquito-Formation-1942.jpg[/IMG]

The wooden wonder.

Mozzies. Always had a soft spot for the flying matchbox. Most versatile plane in WW2.
 
The Spitfire, of course.
It might not be the nicest pink but it was painted thus by design and it worked perfectly.

supermarine_spitfire_aircraft_flight_1366x768_89739.jpg


Seafire.

There is nothing out there that compares to the sound of the Rolls Royce Merlin and Griffon engines, even the Mustang with the Packard built version doesn't sound the same.
I was fortunate enough a few years ago to witness a recreation of a "big wing" formation at a Duxford airshow, 20+ Spitfires and Hurricanes in the air at once, a truly glorious sight and sound.

Yep a most beautiful sight to the eyes and sound to the ears.

The only thing that comes close........4 merlin's in a line!

903336781.jpg


Woof!
 
I once had a client who has a Piaggio P180 Avanti II. Can't make it cross-country without refueling, but, what a lovely ride it was.

RTEmagicC_avanti.jpg.jpg
 
I once had a client who has a Piaggio P180 Avanti II. Can't make it cross-country without refueling, but, what a lovely ride it was.

RTEmagicC_avanti.jpg.jpg

Now thats a funky little bird.

Oooops, apologies for the screen stretch.
 
I always loved the F4U Corsair and if I were 20 years younger, I'd try to figure out a way to own one.

One for sale


I'm working on getting my private pilot license, but at my advanced age a 30 year old Cessna will be more than enough money to piss away.
 
Butters, I can't say I share your interest in planes but I do have to confess that the state of the art, high tech jets always give me wood....like oak.
 
I always loved the F4U Corsair and if I were 20 years younger, I'd try to figure out a way to own one.

One for sale


I'm working on getting my private pilot license, but at my advanced age a 30 year old Cessna will be more than enough money to piss away.


Okay. Awesome as that is... You just convinced me that this is in the yacht category. Something that you rent or lease when you have time to enjoy it, and leave the maintenance, insurance, storage and whatever other expenses to somebody else.
 
Oracle's Larry Ellison owns one of these, but he's not allowed to have it in the U.S.


Mikoyan_mig29.jpg
 
She is indeed lovely.

Can't say I've seen many Spitfires with contra-rotating propellers, but it would make sense for it to have them.

They are a rarity thats for sure, and yes, she is definitely lovely.

How to ruin a Spitfire.

supermarine-spitfire-mk-vb-floatplane-01.png
 
Back
Top