Police Fatally Shoot * Security Guard Who Detained Shooting Suspect

No. The first thing the cop will do is disarm EVERYONE in order to gain control of the situation.

Training, safety, and protocol means that the cop orders everyone to disarm. Don't follow the cop's order, get shot.

Situation was already under control. All they had to do was cuff the suspect.

Too much training is coming from combat veterans who spent too much time in 'kill or be killed' situations. That needs to end.

Situation was already under control. All they had to do was cuff the suspect.

Too much training is coming from combat veterans who spent too much time in 'kill or be killed' situations. That needs to end.

The cop couldn't know that.

American police are out of control. Another reason why Canada is superior to the US in almost every way imaginable.

Too bad Mr. Thin-skin. No one here is going to hold your hand and make baby kisses in your direction. (Ok, some might, but they want something from you that I'm pretty sure you're too uptight to deliver.) If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, then you're in the WRONG PLACE and trying to sling your nonexistent weight around isn't going to win you any style points or friends.

As for the rest, you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to take a class in reading comprehension. Because you REALLY REALLY REALLY suck at it. NO ONE is talking about the race of the COP. The inference in the article is that the cop is white and he shot and killed the security guard JUST BECAUSE the guard was black.

That's your own article.

And then you come and say "no one mentioned it".

:rolleyes:

What a maroon.

You just admitted that no one mentioned race ( inference ) and then you accused me of reading comprehension problems? You're an intellectual dwarf who makes up for your lacking in the brain department by being a petulant child.

You just admitted that no one mentioned race ( inference ) and then you accused me of reading comprehension problems? You're an intellectual dwarf who makes up for your lacking in the brain department by being a petulant child.

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Eyes and witnesses .... situational awareness, not gun eyes.

When the cop shows up, he doesn't know who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. He needs to get control over the situation FIRST and then sort it out.

That means you put down your gun when he tells you to. Or else you get shot.

When the cop shows up, he doesn't know who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. He needs to get control over the situation FIRST and then sort it out.

That means you put down your gun when he tells you to. Or else you get shot.

JFC. Yes the cops need to get control of the situation, but that wasn't what happened here. Read the article. It said he didn't even finish his order to "get on the ground" before he fired. There is no excuse, at all, ever for a shooting like this. There was no reason for the cop to shoot and if it was accidental there's no reason for that either. In a situation like that, the one with the gun is suppose to keep his finger off the trigger until he's ready to shoot so as to minimize the possibility of an accidental discharge. Since you claim to be a firearms instructor you should know that. Anyone with half a brain that has handled weapons knows it.

And it doesn't matter if it was poor training, poor judgement, blatant racism or any other excuse. THERE WAS NO PLAUSIBLE REASON FOR THE COP TO SHOOT! If he was prone to panic in such a situation, he shouldn't have a badge. It's as simple as that.

The statement that,"With great power comes great responsibility" is applicable here. When you pin on a badge you are given power over those around you. Because of that you should also be held to a higher standard. An "Opps I'm sorry I killed you, my bad" doesn't cut it. And your cavalier attitude about it is both arrogant and insipidly slimy.

The saying that,"you can educate ignorance but you can't fix stupid" seems to apply here.

Comshaw

JFC. Yes the cops need to get control of the situation, but that wasn't what happened here. Read the article. It said he didn't even finish his order to "get on the ground" before he fired. There is no excuse, at all, ever for a shooting like this. There was no reason for the cop to shoot and if it was accidental there's no reason for that either. In a situation like that, the one with the gun is suppose to keep his finger off the trigger until he's ready to shoot so as to minimize the possibility of an accidental discharge. Since you claim to be a firearms instructor you should know that. Anyone with half a brain that has handled weapons knows it.

And it doesn't matter if it was poor training, poor judgement, blatant racism or any other excuse. THERE WAS NO PLAUSIBLE REASON FOR THE COP TO SHOOT! If he was prone to panic in such a situation, he shouldn't have a badge. It's as simple as that.

The statement that,"With great power comes great responsibility" is applicable here. When you pin on a badge you are given power over those around you. Because of that you should also be held to a higher standard. An "Opps I'm sorry I killed you, my bad" doesn't cut it. And your cavalier attitude about it is both arrogant and insipidly slimy.

The saying that,"you can educate ignorance but you can't fix stupid" seems to apply here.

Comshaw

This isn't the question. Tragedies happen all the time and this was 1 of them.

However, trying to score points by saying that the cop just shot the guy "because he's black" is stupid; that's not what happened here.

Nor is trying to say that the cop should have just walked up to the guy being detained and slapped on the cuffs because the situation was already "contained". It wasn't.

Maybe the cop fired too soon. Maybe he didn't. We weren't there and we KNOW that witnesses often create narratives which aren't true.

But, if he did shoot too soon it probably wasn't because he's racist. Nor was it because he just wanted to kill someone. He has a job to do. He want's to go home at night. That means he has to ensure that the ONLY person with a gun at the scene is himself or another cop. Until that happens, he is supposed to disarm EVERYONE. Don't disarm, get shot. Be the guy with the gun in his hand when the cop arrives, get shot. Do shit that makes the cop panic, get shot.

It doesn't matter what color your skin is: Follow orders, don't act like an idjit, put your hands up when told and submit - go home after it's all over.

Yes, very much. Thank you.

I see so you did understand that posts 4 and five alluded to, and began the discussion of, racism and racist cops and were simply being an Sgt Spidey level obtuse pedant when you asserted:

No one mentioned racism or racist cops until you guys did.

Literally true that no one said those particular words, but completely irrelevant to how the discussion about racism and racist cops that you actively participated in was begun.

To even suggest that this is not an ongoing, national open discussion on that very topic and was the only reason for this to be a news story and for you to start this thread is silly. You wouldn't know his name we wouldn't be having any discussion about him at all if he were not black.

This isn't the question. Tragedies happen all the time and this was 1 of them.

However, trying to score points by saying that the cop just shot the guy "because he's black" is stupid; that's not what happened here.

Nor is trying to say that the cop should have just walked up to the guy being detained and slapped on the cuffs because the situation was already "contained". It wasn't.

Maybe the cop fired too soon. Maybe he didn't. We weren't there and we KNOW that witnesses often create narratives which aren't true.

But, if he did shoot too soon it probably wasn't because he's racist. Nor was it because he just wanted to kill someone. He has a job to do. He want's to go home at night. That means he has to ensure that the ONLY person with a gun at the scene is himself or another cop. Until that happens, he is supposed to disarm EVERYONE. Don't disarm, get shot. Be the guy with the gun in his hand when the cop arrives, get shot. Do shit that makes the cop panic, get shot.

It doesn't matter what color your skin is: Follow orders, don't act like an idjit, put your hands up when told and submit - go home after it's all over.

Maybe
Are you speculating after admonishing others of jumping to conclusions without having all of the information?
Yes, yes you are.

I see so you did understand that posts 4 and five alluded to, and began the discussion of, racism and racist cops and were simply being an Sgt Spidey level obtuse pedant when you asserted:

Literally true that no one said those particular words, but completely irrelevant to how the discussion about racism and racist cops that you actively participated in was begun.

To even suggest that this is not an ongoing, national open discussion on that very topic and was the only reason for this to be a news story and for you to start this thread is silly. You wouldn't know his name we wouldn't be having any discussion about him at all if he were not black.

What word did I purposely leave out of the title? I knew it would come around to race and my posting was 100% factual about no one mentioned race.

Some of you need more constructive hobbies.

What word did I purposely leave out of the title? I knew it would come around to race and my posting was 100% factual about no one mentioned race.

Some of you need more constructive hobbies.

I see. You cleverly set a trap by not stating the obvious that this is a national news story because the guys shot was black and was going to set off another round of cops shoot black people because they are racist tropes, and you "won" when people foolishly engaged you in the topic obviously at hand with this story.

Got it.

Well done!

Maybe
Are you speculating after admonishing others of jumping to conclusions without having all of the information?
Yes, yes you are.

Are you sure you are not actually Sergeant Spidey?

That's pretty obtuse. You didn't bold the next maybes he indicated.

Outlining the various possibilities (all of which are unknown) is not speculating; it is outlining the various possibilities which are currently unknown.

I see. You cleverly set a trap by not stating the obvious that this is a national news story because the guys shot was black and was going to set off another round of cops shoot black people because they are racist tropes, and you "won" when people foolishly engaged you in the topic obviously at hand with this story.

Got it.

Well done!

You're another surly one. I'm sorry you feel trapped because you felt I was running some game. I was genuinely curious as to know where this would go and now I do.

At least it ain't one of BB's pubes.

Interesting. I was just wondering if DeluxeAuto was one of the three or four alts that you have mentioned in the past that you have.

Your turn to switch about the time that no one any longer response to your threads because you become tedious.

Back