The last person to post here wins again . . .

And Chanel No.5 isn't made from aldehydes.

Now there you go; spoiling my illusion that an expensive perfume is made in the old traditional way, using some leaf or petal laid on refined Beef Fat for a year first.
Then it's distilled a time or two.

Oh well, back to the dreams. . .

Now there you go; spoiling my illusion that an expensive perfume is made in the old traditional way, using some leaf or petal laid on refined Beef Fat for a year first.
Then it's distilled a time or two.

Oh well, back to the dreams. . .

WAKE UP
The world is synthetic
Jell-o, just a part of it

I love Jello.
I love pudding.
I love ice cream.

:eek:

Now I have to make a trip to the store.

I've been forced into retreat. My youngest daughter and a niece are visiting and my two older daughters are here to see them. Between the girls (all ~30) and my wife, the cackling has become too much.

I've been forced into retreat. My youngest daughter and a niece are visiting and my two older daughters are here to see them. Between the girls (all ~30) and my wife, the cackling has become too much.

Prince Berhard of the Netherlands had an ashtray upon which was written:
"Four daughters and their Mother make hell for poor Father".

Is there a decent pub nearby ?

Is there a decent pub nearby ?

Nope.

But the younger set went to get their nails done and the wife decided to vacuum. My wife's best friend will come over soon and then once the nails are done it will be me and six women at dinner. After that the wife and friend go to see Lion King (again) and at some point the oldest daughter will leave to see her husband and take the cousin along, which will leave me with the two younger daughters. I can handle that.

Tomorrow is to be no quieter. I may be glad to get back to work.

City guys have man caves. Us country boys have a shop. The shop works better at giving you alone time because it is more remote and usually it'd dirty and has a few spiders. :D

Nope.

But the younger set went to get their nails done and the wife decided to vacuum. My wife's best friend will come over soon and then once the nails are done it will be me and six women at dinner. After that the wife and friend go to see Lion King (again) and at some point the oldest daughter will leave to see her husband and take the cousin along, which will leave me with the two younger daughters. I can handle that.

Tomorrow is to be no quieter. I may be glad to get back to work.

*hmm . . . daughters visiting and have a good time or kids who are too busy to stop in*

I'll trade whenever you want to, NW. :rose:

City guys have man caves. Us country boys have a shop. The shop works better at giving you alone time because it is more remote and usually it'd dirty and has a few spiders. :D

I tried going to the shop. I have a project, but the project requires that I move between the shop and the kitchen. I would have come and gone through the mob.

I think later I will just go to the patio and light a fire in the chiminea, put my feet up, and sip some wine. My youngest might join me with her gin and tonic.

Round here it's not so much a 'shop (maybe a workshop), or better yet, The Shed.
The Shed, often with power, if not all facilities, is a building providing respite from the stresses of the day.
It does not (usually) feature doilies, flower vases or things of like kind. Obviously it has tools; sometime power tools. In my own shed it's a load of soldering irons and small screwdrivers.

I tried going to the shop. I have a project, but the project requires that I move between the shop and the kitchen. I would have come and gone through the mob.

I think later I will just go to the patio and light a fire in the chiminea, put my feet up, and sip some wine. My youngest might join me with her gin and tonic.

How very civilised.

Round here it's not so much a 'shop (maybe a workshop), or better yet, The Shed.
The Shed, often with power, if not all facilities, is a building providing respite from the stresses of the day.
It does not (usually) feature doilies, flower vases or things of like kind. Obviously it has tools; sometime power tools. In my own shed it's a load of soldering irons and small screwdrivers.

A workshop/shed is what I had in mind but it can also be part of the garage or even basement. Mine at present is 20x20 feet. Back when I raced cars, I had a 30x40 that grew over the years to 70x40 with a clean air conditioned engine/transmission/rear end assembly room. By then it was part business instead of just personal.

Ok, now that that is clarified.

The coffee is read for those in near bright and early on Sinday.

A workshop/shed is what I had in mind but it can also be part of the garage or even basement. Mine at present is 20x20 feet. Back when I raced cars, I had a 30x40 that grew over the years to 70x40 with a clean air conditioned engine/transmission/rear end assembly room. By then it was part business instead of just personal.

Ok, now that that is clarified.

The coffee is read for those in near bright and early on Sinday.

Drool . . . .
A coffee would be more than welcome, thanks.
My ole' Dad's shed was an extension to the back of his garage. It had a workbench and storage space and that was about it. I spent a good time down there!

Drool . . . .
A coffee would be more than welcome, thanks.
My ole' Dad's shed was an extension to the back of his garage. It had a workbench and storage space and that was about it. I spent a good time down there!

My dad's was the same way.

Mine is on a slab with an overhead garage door and a walk in door. Across the back is my old 10x20 foot storage building. I have one heavy homemade table with a grinder and bench vice, a 8x4 foot table saw table with a router table inset in the opposite end from the saw. A 4x8 work table that my boat jig can be mounted on. A drill press in one corner and an air compressor in the other. The work table is on lockable wheels so it can be rolled outside when needed.

Not quite enough room but I hadn't planned on building boats when i built it.

Odd thing about the old storage building. The whole thing is wrapped in wire screen between the framing and the outer wood. I think a ham radio operator probably built it.

Last edited:
My dad's was the same way.

Mine is on a slab with an overhead garage door and a walk in door. Across the back is my old 10x20 foot storage building. I have one heavy homemade table with a grinder and bench vice, a 8x4 foot table saw table with a router table inset in the opposite end from the saw. A 4x8 work table that my boat jig can be mounted on. A drill press in one corner and an air compressor in the other. The work table is on lockable wheels so it can be rolled outside when needed.

Not quite enough room but I hadn't planned on building boats when i built it.

Odd thing about the old storage building. The whole thing is wrapped in wire screen between the framing and the outer wood. I think a ham radio operator probably built it.

Is the wire screen connected to a ground spike ?

Back