1,000 words is worth a picture?

THROBBS

I am Fauve
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Posts
19,286
What do you guys think?

...

I found, in the past, several people, though writers/authors, claimed to be unable to write about art. To me that is ridiculous. Perhaps, they are not familiar with some terminology, but is it not describing how one reacts to an image? What one "see" and feels about that image...what you are reminded of?


Perhaps!!!


ooooo..
maybe...that can be a WRITERS challenge!... Write a short (or long) story "to" the winner of the erotic illustration word challenges...or your fav piece!?

A piece of fiction (though could be a critique)... the 1,000 words that equal the picture's worth!


A thousand word challenge? Too many? Have no word limit?

ANY interest?
 
What do you guys think?




A thousand word challenge? Too many? Have no word limit?

ANY interest?

In my case, interest yes, and no word limit. It takes a thousand words to introduces the characters. :eek:

A lot of my stories come from a single photograph or drawing.
 
What do you guys think?




A thousand word challenge? Too many? Have no word limit?

ANY interest?

I like the concept, but for me right now, 1000 words is too many. No way I could fit that into my days.
 
Word limit is up to you guys.... 1,000 was only based on the idiom.

If there is enough interest I can start a challenge off.
But perhaps there should be SOME parameters given...?

Time frame?
Picture GIVEN.... or selected (from the pool of entries)?
 
I like the challenge presented. The winning picture of the contest is primarily a scene we have to write about. As Tx pointed out, it takes a thousand words to nicely describe the characters alone, so it should be a thousand words describing just the scene itself, using the same challenge word as the drawing for us to write about. A month, so everyone has time to do it, sounds fair. My thoughts about it anyway.
 
i would be very interested in this challenge. Im still new here but its something that i would love to jump in on. Let me know what happens.
 
Where's the picture?

I think it must be provided, or else it's possible to write the story, then taking, or finding a picture to illustrate it. That's still a challenge, but a different one...
 
I have the pictures. (the winners...or could be choose a pic from the entries to the erotic illustration word challenges).

you guys need to decide on time and word count parameters.


I have more pics than you can keep up with. :D
 
I say use the winner and start Feb.1. We have 28 days to write it in and submit. How's that? Post the winner and thread title and let's do it.
 
I have the pictures. (the winners...or could be choose a pic from the entries to the erotic illustration word challenges).

you guys need to decide on time and word count parameters.


I have more pics than you can keep up with. :D
Show us one!

I also endorse what Lance said.
 
From the 1st erotic illustration word challenges, the word was "pen"
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=680471

The winner, kinkikittyn's illustration was and is:
attachment.php
 
Great, Now, who's going to judge the stories?

My plot bunnies are running rampant already, so we need a go and let's get started.
 
Back
Top