Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he thinks it's so strange when I dance around the kitchen Flashdance style. If you sing the song you're going to get the moves, my friend.

Maybe he isn't old enough to be acquainted with Flashdance ;) :p

I could use your vibes, voodoo, crossed fingers, etc. I applied for a job with my current employer that would be a great fit for me--it's full-time, as opposed to the part-time work that I've been doing. I've worked closely with every member of the search committee in some capacity, which makes things, um, interesting, but honestly, I think I'm a great fit for this job.

If I don't get it, that's fine, because I still have my current job no matter what. :)

I could use your vibes, voodoo, crossed fingers, etc. I applied for a job with my current employer that would be a great fit for me--it's full-time, as opposed to the part-time work that I've been doing. I've worked closely with every member of the search committee in some capacity, which makes things, um, interesting, but honestly, I think I'm a great fit for this job.

If I don't get it, that's fine, because I still have my current job no matter what. :)

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Good luck!

Thanks, folks! :)

Rainshine, I submitted my résumé and cover letter electronically last night. My employer is currently on its summer schedule, which means offices are closed today, so Monday would be the absolute earliest that I'd hear anything. They're accepting applications until the position is filled, so I suppose I could hear from them next week.

Last night I had dinner with a friend (and co-worker) and an acquaintance with whom I've worked on a couple of projects. I was planning to ask both of them if they thought I should apply when the acquaintance lamented that she didn't think she'd find anyone for the position. Turns out that she's the head of the search committee, and if I were hired, I'd also report to her. She encouraged me to apply.

Some good vibes your way Eilan.

Good luck with the application process and I hope you land the job.

Last edited:
I'm at peace.

A fine, fine place to be.

Hey Beach Lady! :D

tumblr_majaqaWXA11ry0d5qo2_250.gif

Howz it goin'?

Thanks Em and Rainy!

Everything is going great. I'm getting settled in, working a little overtime, and trying to stay out of trouble. The cardiologist gave me a new nickname today - "job security". He said we'll try to start weaning off cardiac meds in a month or two if all goes well! Woot!

What's going on in your corners of the world?

Just realised I've displaced my libido into ice cream and pizza.

If only I could displace it into hoovering and ironing.

If the word "functionality" was being used as a drinking game during this meeting, we would all be puking by noon.

Glad you remove your photo and email addresses. :rose:

Bicurious, are we now? Is that what marriage does? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back