Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little one is watching Norad's Santa Tracker right now! Every two minutes, "He's in Slovakia. He's headed to Czech Republic!"

Oh, now he's headed to Poland in 2 minutes 5 seconds!

My little one is watching Norad's Santa Tracker right now! Every two minutes, "He's in Slovakia. He's headed to Czech Republic!"

Oh, now he's headed to Poland in 2 minutes 5 seconds!

They just showed that on the news. I love how the graphics have been the same for the past 10 years.

You like the heat?!?! Oh my. Interesting. If I didn't have family here and it wasn't such a cheap state to live, I'd move somewhere more moderate like Death Valley.

I'll take my 28 degrees over 98 degrees any day (unless we are talking about the band and that lovable Nick Lachey).
CHEAP?!? We must live in two different Floridas. This one isn't anywhere near cheap!

I figure that I have a one-way, express ticket to hell - all expenses paid. When I get there, I'll already be accustomed to the heat, so it won't be that big a deal. I'll be able to just join the party. :D Besides, if you look at the rest of the country in the summer, Florida temps are more stable. While everyone else is suffering through >100 degree temps, we enjoy nice, balmy 91-93 degrees - and we get the added benefit of the cool breezes off of the Gulf (or Atlantic in your case). The only cool breezes back home were from tornadoes going through.

CHEAP?!? We must live in two different Floridas. This one isn't anywhere near cheap!

I figure that I have a one-way, express ticket to hell - all expenses paid. When I get there, I'll already be accustomed to the heat, so it won't be that big a deal. I'll be able to just join the party. :D Besides, if you look at the rest of the country in the summer, Florida temps are more stable. While everyone else is suffering through >100 degree temps, we enjoy nice, balmy 91-93 degrees - and we get the added benefit of the cool breezes off of the Gulf (or Atlantic in your case). The only cool breezes back home were from tornadoes going through.

My Florida is pretty cheap. No state tax. Relatively low gas prices. Cheap housing (right now).

I don't know about you guys, but I get those upper 90s and 100 degree temps. It's a blast. And when it's 95 degrees, it's not a cool breeze. Except in August-November when we get those "cool breezes" that knock over houses and buildings. :)

My Florida is pretty cheap. No state tax. Relatively low gas prices. Cheap housing (right now).

I don't know about you guys, but I get those upper 90s and 100 degree temps. It's a blast. And when it's 95 degrees, it's not a cool breeze. Except in August-November when we get those "cool breezes" that knock over houses and buildings. :)
Hubby (who is has lived here since childhood) says you aren't, in fact, in Florida. You're in South Georgia. LOL Apparently the people in south FL consider anything panhandle level to be part of the states north of them.

No state tax, but I wouldn't say gas prices are low. Gas prices are higher in this vicinity than even in the neighboring towns. I guess that's part of the price we pay for living in a "resort area" though. Housing - cheap? A few of my friends have been looking for apartments recently. It seems that $1200/mo is "cheap" for a one/one that's <800 sq. ft.

And while I can't speak for your profession, I can tell you with certainty that Registered Nursesin FL get among the lowest pay in the nation for RNs. I don't know how people making minimum wage - or close to it - can survive here.

I kinda like those cool breezes of which you speak; I'm an adrenaline junkie, and they do create quite the adrenaline rush. If you'd asked me in 2004, I wouldn't have been as complimentary, but the summers since haven't been so bad. '04 sucked ass. Between Charley, Dennis, Wilma, and Rita, I spent more time locked down at the hospital than I did at home.

Oh I'll be sending something better than a vest.

No, we don't have Walmart. I've seen photos of the people that go to Walmart, on this thing called the internet, it looks like a place I would not go.

No Walmart, No greeters.

Maybe I'll send you one of those to wear. *squint*

Ok fine, send me whatever you want then. :p

Just spent Xmas day alone for the first time. Had a long lie in, a nice walk, good food, watched what I wanted, and caught up with the folks on Skype. Has been very pleasant.

Not very festive but overall I'd dare to say a better Christmas than a lot of people have had. So why do I still feel embarrassed to admit to the people at work tomorrow that I've spent today on my own? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back