Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the comments at the end of articles found online make me lose ALL my faith in humanity.

Such language! Remember, it's just a game. And really, how long can his luck hold out? :)

I once had a horrible dream that ended up happening in reality. Now, every horrible dream I have gives me anxiety and panic.

I wish for no more dreams.

*punches* Sandman in the nose.

Warns him to smarten up.

Slow night at work tonight. At least I'm not working alone. Please let us see something interesting tonight. It doesn't need to be anything traumatic like partial amputations.....I'd be happy to see something silly like another vibrator stuck up somebody's arse.

Slow night at work tonight. At least I'm not working alone. Please let us see something interesting tonight. It doesn't need to be anything traumatic like partial amputations.....I'd be happy to see something silly like another vibrator stuck up somebody's arse.

*another* vibrator stuck up somebody's arse? How often does this happen?

*another* vibrator stuck up somebody's arse? How often does this happen?

Well, personally, I've only seen it once. But many of my co-workers have taken care of patients with "foreign bodies" stuck up their arse at one point or another.

So, more often than you'd think.

To be fair, my patient didn't have a whole vibrator stuck, just the tip of the vibe that had broken off. He was very non-chalant about it, leading me to believe this might not have been his first time.

So, if you're ever going to stick something up there, make sure it has a wide base, so it doesn't get lost up there....and be gentle, you don't want it to break like my patient's did.

Well, personally, I've only seen it once. But many of my co-workers have taken care of patients with "foreign bodies" stuck up their arse at one point or another.

So, more often than you'd think.

To be fair, my patient didn't have a whole vibrator stuck, just the tip of the vibe that had broken off. He was very non-chalant about it, leading me to believe this might not have been his first time.

So, if you're ever going to stick something up there, make sure it has a wide base, so it doesn't get lost up there....and be gentle, you don't want it to break like my patient's did.

Or you'll become, dare I say it, the butt of the joke?

LOL cute!

I spent a few years working in endoscopy; I've seen far more than my share of rectal foreign bodies. FAR more than my share!

Please, don't do that to your friendly endo call team. Don't wish a rectal FB on them!

The docs I worked with wouldn't remove rectal FBs that night; they made them wait and put them on the schedule for the next day. It helped provide a more memorable "learning experience." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back