Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
The Minnesota Meltdown

A few years ago, we started hearing about the "Minnesota Miracle." Back then, certain indicators suggested that Minnesota had a stronger economy than the other Great Lakes states such as Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This was considered significant because several of those states, lead among them Wisconsin, had in 2010 or 2014, come under Republican control, while Democrats controlled Minnesota. In fact, the comparison was most often made with its next-door neighbor Wisconsin, where Republicans had recently lowered taxes and enacted a number of controversial regulatory reforms to make the state more business friendly. With Minnesota having an arguably better economy, the supposed lesson: Democrats better run economies.

Now look what has happened since:
Study finds Minnesota’s economy 'average' – with a dim future (August 15, 2016).

This article noted:
It goes on to point out that agencies of Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's own administration "also predict below-average economic performance" (emphasis added).
So much for the "Minnesota Miracle."

Now, with last November's elections, Republicans regained power in the Minnesota legislature (indicating that Minnesota voters recognize that the Democrats are mishandling things). Democrat Mark Dayton remains governor, however, and prevents any of the sort of economic and regulatory reform that has benefited many of its neighbors, like Wisconsin.

Also, remember that Wisconsin's prior governor, Democrat Jim Doyle, left behind for Scott Walker a >$3 billion deficit, even after Doyle and the Democrat controlled legislature ill-advisedly raided the state's allocated transportation fund (we're still paying for that) and illegally stole from a trust fund established to help victims of medical malpractice (how cruel)! The trust fund money the Democrats stole had to be paid back during the early years of the Walker administration. In other words, the Republicans had to dig themselves out of a nearly $4 billion dollar hole left by their Democrat immediate predecessors, so if it has taken a few years to catch up, that is certainly understandable.

Minnesota's neighboring Republican run states like Wisconsin and North Dakota are booming while Minnesota is starting to follow the downward spirals of Democrat controlled states like California and Illinois. The lesson learned: lower taxes and limiting regulation to reasonable levels are what governments must do for a healthy economy.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,244
Tim Pawlenty, Norm Coleman, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota has had some real winners in charge lately.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
Tim Pawlenty, Norm Coleman, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota has had some real winners in charge lately.
Thank you for helping to make my point (although weren't the latter two actually federal legislators, and thus not "in charge" in Minnesota).

The Republicans had Minnesota in good shape, which lasted a while after the Democrats took over, creating the illusory "Minnesota Miracle" under the Democrats. If I recall correctly, the Democrats gained full control of the Minnesota government in 2012. It only took them a few years to to turn a robust economy to "below average" performance.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru
 
dan_c00000 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,725
Here's an article that says everything isn't so bad (despite the headline).

Minnesota was recently ranked the 3rd best state. What was number 1? That evil liberal tax hellhole Massachusetts. Wisconsin? 16.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_c00000 View Post
16!

That's fantastic!

Back before Scott Walker and the Republicans came to power in Wisconsin, when the Democrats had the governor's office and legislature, we were in the 40s!

Under Walker and the Republicans, we advanced like 30 places!

Meanwhile, while Wisconsin booms, the article you site establishes what was predicted by the Democrats themselves last year: "Minnesota's economy grew slower than U.S. in 2016"

Thank you for finding this data for me. I'm preparing an article for my real blog and I'll be sure to use it. Thank you, too, for helping to prove my point.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
dan_c00000
Literotica Guru
 
dan_c00000 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnODay View Post
16!
Yup 16. I'd be proud of that too. Why do you have Minnesota too much? What'd they do to you?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_c00000 View Post
Yup 16. I'd be proud of that too. Why do you have Minnesota too much? What'd they do to you?

Indeed, I'm quite proud of our advance from 40-something under Jim Doyle and the Democrats to 16th economically under Scott Walker and the Republicans!


(I have nothing against Minnesota. I love the Twin Cities, and I really appreciate their football teams. The Vikings and the Gophers make it so easy for the Packers and Badgers to get Ws!)
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #8
PrincepsCyberius
Insert Witty Moniker Here
 
PrincepsCyberius's Avatar
 
PrincepsCyberius is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: America's Dairyland
Posts: 3,848
The fact that Wisconsin was starting to outperform Minnesota, at least in terms of growth and an improving economy, was already recognized by the summer of 2015:

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin Has Prospered

Surprisingly, the article was written by an Economics Professor from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, an institution well known for its general antipathy to the Walker administration. Apparently, this guy was so impressed by the numbers that he advised Walker during his presidential campaign.
__________________



"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."


--- "Elwood P. Dowd" in Harvey by Mary Chase.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincepsCyberius View Post
The fact that Wisconsin was starting to outperform Minnesota, at least in terms of growth and an improving economy, was already recognized by the summer of 2015:

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin Has Prospered

Surprisingly, the article was written by an Economics Professor from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, an institution well known for its general antipathy to the Walker administration. Apparently, this guy was so impressed by the numbers that he advised Walker during his presidential campaign.
Great article, thanks!

As more support, all can read here what Walker's policies are doing for Wisconsin, creating jobs in a region with some of our poorest inner cities, while Minnesota's economy remains, as its Democrat administration itself admits, "below average."
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
More bad news from Minnesota.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #11
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_c00000 View Post
Ranked by leftist on how left a state is, not actually how good it is.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
Carnal_Flower
Literotica Guru
 
Carnal_Flower's Avatar
 
Carnal_Flower is online now
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,055
Yes, that's probably true.

Leftists look at things like crime statistics, affordability of housing, access to health care.

Wing nutters, on the other hand, have different statistics.

--How many evangelical churches per capita

--How easy is it to get guns and ammo

--Number of pedophiles running for office

--How many women are deprived of access to abortion (See: #1)

--Lax domestic abuse laws

--Lack of access and means for the liberals to get educated

--Lack of unionization

--Bibles, bibles, and more bibles

And the winner is, Alabama!



Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Ranked by leftist on how left a state is, not actually how good it is.
__________________
My stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
Tim Pawlenty, Norm Coleman, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota has had some real winners in charge lately.
Why didn't you include Jesse Ventura?
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #14
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
Why didn't you include Jesse Ventura?
Why should I?
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 AM   #15
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
Why should I?
He was the gov. of MN, who made his rep. as a dirty pro wrestler.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 01:09 AM   #16
BotanyBoy
Fuck Your Safe Space
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnal_Flower View Post
Yes, that's probably true.

Leftists look at things like crime statistics, affordability of housing, access to health care.

LOL yea and to increase crime, increase the cost of living and to make HC the most astronomically over priced pile of shit ever.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #17
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnal_Flower View Post
Yes, that's probably true.

Leftists look at things like crime statistics, affordability of housing, access to health care.
Good, because a moment's reflection is all it takes to realize these things are worst in the cities run by Democrats, like today's Chicago. Compare that, for instance, to the great strides made in these areas under conservatives, like when Rudy Giuliani ran New York City.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 10:20 PM   #18
pickelrick
Really Experienced
 
pickelrick is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnODay View Post
A few years ago, we started hearing about the "Minnesota Miracle." Back then, certain indicators suggested that Minnesota had a stronger economy than the other Great Lakes states such as Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This was considered significant because several of those states, lead among them Wisconsin, had in 2010 or 2014, come under Republican control, while Democrats controlled Minnesota. In fact, the comparison was most often made with its next-door neighbor Wisconsin, where Republicans had recently lowered taxes and enacted a number of controversial regulatory reforms to make the state more business friendly. With Minnesota having an arguably better economy, the supposed lesson: Democrats better run economies.

Now look what has happened since:
Study finds Minnesota’s economy 'average' – with a dim future (August 15, 2016).

This article noted:
It goes on to point out that agencies of Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's own administration "also predict below-average economic performance" (emphasis added).
So much for the "Minnesota Miracle."

Now, with last November's elections, Republicans regained power in the Minnesota legislature (indicating that Minnesota voters recognize that the Democrats are mishandling things). Democrat Mark Dayton remains governor, however, and prevents any of the sort of economic and regulatory reform that has benefited many of its neighbors, like Wisconsin.

Also, remember that Wisconsin's prior governor, Democrat Jim Doyle, left behind for Scott Walker a >$3 billion deficit, even after Doyle and the Democrat controlled legislature ill-advisedly raided the state's allocated transportation fund (we're still paying for that) and illegally stole from a trust fund established to help victims of medical malpractice (how cruel)! The trust fund money the Democrats stole had to be paid back during the early years of the Walker administration. In other words, the Republicans had to dig themselves out of a nearly $4 billion dollar hole left by their Democrat immediate predecessors, so if it has taken a few years to catch up, that is certainly understandable.

Minnesota's neighboring Republican run states like Wisconsin and North Dakota are booming while Minnesota is starting to follow the downward spirals of Democrat controlled states like California and Illinois. The lesson learned: lower taxes and limiting regulation to reasonable levels are what governments must do for a healthy economy.
Well turning Minn. into a muslim refugee welfare state for the Dems was a really dumb thing but I love the new ICE illegal policy round up up and ship them to California as its a safe haven for illegals,terrorist and commie's.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
coachdb18
Loves Spam
 
coachdb18 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickelrick View Post
Well turning Minn. into a muslim refugee welfare state for the Dems was a really dumb thing but I love the new ICE illegal policy round up up and ship them to California as its a safe haven for illegals,terrorist and commie's.
Government is now, and always has been a necessary evil, strictly overhead on the productivity of the working public. Government doesn't produce anything, which is why taxes are necessary to support it. It's a parasitic relationship, and the less of it the better. There are only a minimal few functions for which we benefit from government, then it's a rapidly accelerating game of diminishing returns.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 11:55 PM   #20
Carnal_Flower
Literotica Guru
 
Carnal_Flower's Avatar
 
Carnal_Flower is online now
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,055
Learn to read, dumb ass

All that means, according to my post above, is that "conservative" leaders "like Giuliani" turned their cities into great left cities. Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnODay View Post
Good, because a moment's reflection is all it takes to realize these things are worst in the cities run by Democrats, like today's Chicago. Compare that, for instance, to the great strides made in these areas under conservatives, like when Rudy Giuliani ran New York City.
__________________
My stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 01:31 AM   #21
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,244
Yes, Minnesota is a thoroughly awful place, and Minneapolis especially so. None of you should ever consider moving here.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
Yes, Minnesota is a thoroughly awful place, and Minneapolis especially so. None of you should ever consider moving here.
I spent almost two years in Duluth, and I would never want to go back there.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 01:38 AM   #23
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 61,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
I spent almost two years in Duluth, and I would never want to go back there.
Good to hear.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #24
DawnODay
Literotica Guru
 
DawnODay's Avatar
 
DawnODay is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the East
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnal_Flower View Post
All that means, according to my post above, is that "conservative" leaders "like Giuliani" turned their cities into great left cities. Thanks!
And, under the leftist governments, poverty and crime have gotten worse.

No thanks!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #25
JackLuis
Literotica Guru
 
JackLuis's Avatar
 
JackLuis is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La La Calif
Posts: 13,931
Everybody in LA should move to Minnesota immediately!
__________________
JackLuis-

Here My Stories

Creative Copulation - Gods do it too!

My New Best Friend, for our VE's


Spreading Seeds Sagas- Can a young man find happiness in a world where there ten women for every man?

"Fiction writers are just liars with typing skills."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.