When the wheels come off...(Closed: EKlectikChik)

Quinn’s eyes opened slowly, he gazed over at her and noticed she had gotten dressed “Hey… you didn’t have to get all dressed up for me.. I thought you looked rather cute in my robe, much better than me. And now I feel a little under dressed..” He finished with a chuckle and broad grin had crossed is face followed by a bit of a grimace. “Sorry Lucy.. the meds have finally kicked in, so I’m a little off.” He tilted his head off to the side dramatically “Kinda like I forgot to take a V8. And I’m sorry, you weren’t supposed to see me like this.” Quinn genuinely felt horrible about it. He’s supposed to be helping her right now… not needing help himself.. The docs all told him, accept help from those who offer… and ask when you need it. People don’t need to always receive anything as a thanks, and they feel useful when they can help others. Funny, he was thinking those exact words when he looked at how he looked at Lucy, help her, don’t expect anything in return. A post card? Maybe a hug and a kiss? Maybe a kiss?

As the medication continued to work he could feel the worst of the pain subside, his shoulder no longer felt like it was going to explode, instead it had a dull ache that radiated from deep inside. “Just could you massage my shoulder? My right shoulder where my arm reaches the joint… just be careful not to tickle me ok.. cause I’m really ticklish…”Quinn finished with a loopy smile.. watching Lucy as she got closer to him..

"Of course...no problem." She told him, wanting to help ease his discomfort. His loppy, goofy grin made her giggle. Her heart melted. She'd thought him handsome before, but now he was almost like the boy next door, sweet and adorable. She couldn't help but want to help him.

Climbing onto the bed, she hustled up near his shoulder. "Just tell me how hard...more or less pressure."

"Mmm hmmmm." He mumbled, turning his head away to give her better access to the dull throbbing ache.

With unsure fingers, she gently squeezed, testing his pain level and began to knee and massage in slow circles around the area he indicated. Her delicate fingers soon warmed against his flesh and smoothed over his muscle smoothly. "That feel good?" She asked softly.

Quinn sighed, and just enjoyed her touch, "Are you sure you weren't a masseuse in a previous occupation?? because you have a wonderful touch... " He could feel her working her fingers across his bicep, fingers curling underneath to work the muscle in his arm to relax.. "He asked her politely... Could you work the shoulder too??" He pointed more toward where his deltoid came out oat the edge of his shoulder, simply trying to relax and enjoy the work she was doing on him, with what was sure to be an accident, Lucy moved her fingers up toward Quinn's arm pit.. and he giggled a bit while almost pullig his arm back.

"Hey no fair picking on the cripple.. I'm a little ticklish there... so unless you want me to tickle back..." He finished with a playful smile...

At this distance Quinn couldn't help but smell Lucy. it was a sweet mixture of body sweat and her body lotion.. and like usual it was simply intoxicating. He closed his eyes again and pictured kissing her, simply resting his head back focusing on how wonderful of a job Lucy was doing..

Lucy smiled, feeling his muscles finally give under her fingers until he was putty. She gladly worked his shoulder as well until her fingers were a little sore. She was happy to help in any little way for he had done so much for her.

He looked a lot more relaxed, sighing softly as he closed his eyes and let the tension flow out of his body. She studied his face as his eyes were closed. The classic, handsome lines made her itch to trace her fingers over his jaw and smooth them over his slightly larger lower lip. His lips looked soft and she wondered suddenly what it would feel like to kiss him. Would he be gentle? Passionate? Rough?

She inwardly shuddered, remembering Kyle in that moment. The way his mouth always mashed against hers, bruising her lips and grinding against her teeth. The memory was like an ice cold bucket of water being dumped over her.

She sighed softly and slowly removed her hands, ruffling the top of his head gently. "How is that?"

Quinn's shoulder was now a giant glob of loose flesh just hanging on to his body, Lucy had done so well that he'd found himself extraordinarily relaxed with her. He was so profoundly proud of her for coming out of her shell to him, and he wasn't going to push her back into her shell. If he could help it, he'd hand her the controls to the wrecking ball, and gleefully watch her destroy it. *

Relaxing there he found himself just watching Lucy's eyes, they were expressive, and there was so much going on behind them that he wish he knew. But all in good time, she'd tell him when she was ready. Quinn found it funny that Lucy would ruffle his hair, he wanted to reach out and tickle her for it, just to see how she'd react. And the more he thought about it that's exactly what he did.

Without saying anything, he reached up quickly with his good left hand and tried to tickle her at just the spot pot half way up her side, just below where her bra would be. . *

Lucy let out a startled squeak of laughter and jerked away from his fingers. "Hey! That's not fair!"

When he raised innocent eyebrows and grinned, she laughed again. "Don't give me that look. You know it's not...you're helpless on the bed and I promised not to tickle you."

His chuckle was sweet and warmed her. "Why don't you just stay here and I'll get your some breakfast. Fill that belly up so you don't feel sick after taking your happy pills."

With a soft smile and on impulse, she leaned down and gave his forehead a tender kiss, her chest brushing dangerously close to his face before she quickly drew away. Her cheeks had turned a pretty shade of pink and she seemed just as surprised as him. "I'll um...be right back."

Scooting away, she stumbled off the bed and hurried for the door.

Quinn was giggling when he felt Lucy kiss his forehead and then suddenly had a goofy grin on his face.... He nodded to her as she skipped off his bed and ran out the door. He called after her just once, hoping she'd hear him, but she was probably out of ear shot as fast as she was moving.

She kissed him... he realized... yes on the forehead silly... but she kissed him. the goofy grin turned into an incredibly satisfied one, as he felt his right arm completely numb start to return to normal.. it'd be a while before the fog cleared.. but thankfully the pain was fading. Talking to himself now.. outloud due to the happy pill he'd taken he started having a conversation with himself.

"I just want to tell her thanks, thanks for taking care of me, thanks for brightening my boring life, thanks for coming home with me... I just want to tell her that the piece of shit never deserved her, and that a woman like her, as beautiful as she is deserves to be treated like the woman she is.... " Quinn pushed his head back into his pillow, looking up at the ceiling.. "But I don't want to scare her off.. ya know.. She deserves to hear how beautiful she is." Quinn closed his eyes and daydreamed again. he'd gotten 'that' close to her. She had kissed him.. and he didn't think he was going to wash his forehead for a week.

In Quinn's kitchen, Lucy tried to familiarize herself with where everything and quickly as she searched for things to make him for breakfast. They would have to go grocery shopping and soon. Inspecting the inside of his fridge, she pulled out a carton of eggs, then foraged for some bread. In the crisper drawers, she found some fruit that still looked good and put that to good use too.

Before long, she'd scrambled up some eggs and toasted the bread. She buttered the slices and made a small fruit salad to go with the combo. With fresh coffee, Lucy found a tray and let it all up. It wasn't much, but it was something. '

Balancing everything, she slowly made her way back up, her pulse starting to pound again. She'd kissed him. Her mind wandered back to that moment. Okay, so it had been his forehead and not his lips, but still...she'd kissed another man. A man she barely knew at that!! She'd slept in his arms and felt safe in his presence, but could she truly trust herself!?

Shoving the thoughts aside, she re-entered his room with a smile. "Hey...still awake? I have your breakfast."

Quinn had been relaxed, sort of. He had one hell of a woman in his house, scars bruises and all. He'd been day dreaming again, but when he smelled the food coming up the stairs he knew it was Lucy coming back. Seeing her come in with a tray of food, that he couldn't imagine whipping up himself. Quinn was a bachelor, he did know how to cook, but this.. this was a full blown meal, he didn't expect anything, hell if it had been him he'd probably buttered some toast, scrambled a few eggs but he could tell with Lucy in the house he'd have to step it up a bit.

With a sheepish smile on his face, He watched Lucy come in and set the food down on the bed in front of him, he rubbed his fingers together and smiled with enthusiasm. Taking the fork in his hand, he dug into the eggs she'd scrambled. they were perfect, the smile on his face he chewed and took another bite. "They are fantastic Lucy... have a seat and have a bite. Please?" He raised a fork full of eggs with one hand, cupping underneath them with his other hand, he offered to feed her a bite.

Lucy was happy to see him smiling and happy. For one really horrible moment, she watched him take a bite of food, prepared for the back lash and insults, but instead, he seemed extremely pleased and offered her some as well. Still trembling inside, she slowly leaned forward and took his offered bite, trying to calm the raging emotions inside. It was just eggs!! She told herself, but she'd been so afraid in that split second that she'd hated herself for it. Quinn wouldn't hurt her, she repeated in her mind. Never hurt her. She KNEW that, deep inside.

"Mmmhmmm...thanks. Now you. You need to get your strength up." She teased. She saw a flash of concern cross is face and knew she'd been too transparent with her emotions. Snatching the fork from him, she went to offer him more eggs, only to have him capture the wrist gently, giving her pause.

She searched his gaze and smiled softly, "I'm okay...really. Now eat up so we can go get some real food in this house."

He finally relented and let her fill his belly, sharing bites back and forth and then letting him eat up the toast by himself. "I'm going to go fix myself up a little better. I'll try to be quick." She promised and slipped out of the bedroom to return to hers for a quick shower.

Quinn made his way off his bed as Lucy exited his room and shut the door to her own. He'd take his time getting things set up so he could take a shower after she was done, there was a good sized hot water tank in the house, but he'd never tested it with having two people take showers after one another. So today he'd test it. and it would be a good estimate as to if he'd need to turn up the temp on it after this morning.

He strolled through his bedroom, looking at his pictures, a couple of his old buddies from his unit, 1 year ago felt like a lifetime go, but he still kept in touch, as much as he could. Then his eyes wondered over to the adoptive family that took him in when he was 15. He was broken, a shell of a child who'd sent 8 months on the run living off what he could find and steal for himself. Then he got caught stealing and was turned over to the state. The case worker took extreme pity on him but he spent time moving between foster homes for a while. Most were ok, but he felt like a damaged toy, too fragile to play with and quick to snap. Then it all changed.

Amanda and Donnivan had visited the foster home he'd been living at, she'd been volunteering time at a day care that was in the home he was at and they'd striked up a conversation. Half the time he felt like he was hitting on her, Amanda was just flat out hot, like that grown up sister he never had, but she also carried an aura of authority to her, one that despite his best efforts to piss her off and push her away, it didn't work.
Her husband Donnivan was in the military, and when he'd come home on leave Quinn was fascinated by the medals on his uniform, and the order in which he lived his life. Amanda got permission for him to spend a weekend with them while Donnivan was on leave, they spent time together, and Quinn relived one of his worst nightmares at their home. But they weren't phased. They supported him and showed him something he hadn't seen in years. Love for someone that came unconditionally. They barely knew him.. but Amanda had a heart that could gobble you up and keep you warm for days.

It took time but eventually Quinn was released to them, he spent time in summer school, got his grades up and impressed his teachers with his studies. Amanda was amazing with him and when Donnivan was home he was his son.. They did father son things that Quinn still remembered doing to this day. His first football game and then he was addicted to the sport. With the Initials QB he would have figured to have pursued throwing the ball, instead he played defense, he was good at it and well, it was a good venue to release some of his aggression, safely. During his Senior year he had a couple prospects look at him for college, but nothing really came to be a reality, So, Quinn followed his idol and applied to get into the Army. Accepted and with Donnivan as his "guide" he got prepared for what he knew would be a future with goals in mind. Looking at that smiling face he had and his two adoptive parents who gave a shit about a broken kid, he made them proud. Hell they were still proud of him. He'd have to call them once Lucy got settled, They'd want to meet her. That he knew for sure.

Quinn heard the water stop running and it broke him out of his day dream. He gathered a change of clothes for the day, shorts, t-shirt, boxers and a pair of socks then wondered into his bathroom, leaving the door cracked a bit. Getting undressed he got in to the shower, the water felt REALLY good on his shoulder and with a full belly he was feeling better as well. stretching the shoulder did him good, and Lucy had a magic touch.

Lucy.. the girl was any man's dream. Quinn day dreamed about Lucy, she'd be there with him soaked in a tiny red thong, tight tiny nipples as she helped him soap up and get clean for the day. Her smile was infectious, and he thought of her "magic touch" working him and cleaning him that morning. Quinn had himself worked up enough that he stroked himself off thinking that it was Lucy and not him.. she'd be there next to him in the shower 'helping' him along. He moaned her name just once "Lucy.." then came, pointing himself down at the floor of the shower as best he could, watching his cum dissolve and circle the drain. Quinn felt better, relaxed and now he knew he'd be able to better contain himself around her, so he finished up his shower, just as the water started to turn cold. Hoping out he dried off, got changed, shaved and put himself together. Putting his socks in the side pocket of his cargo shorts he opened his bathroom door all the way walking into his bedroom. He collected his watch, wallet, keys, phone and challenge coin. he put everything on his person and opened his bedroom door, walking over to Lucy's room he knocked lightly calling out to her. "Hey.. you ready in there??"

Lucy was putting the finishing touches on what she hoped was a tasteful amount of makeup. She felt a little silly fussing over it, but she wanted to look nice. She wanted to look pretty. She'd managed to cover up some of the bruising around her neck and had put her jeans back on and her nice top. She'd towel dried her hair, but hadn't thought about getting a hair dryer, so she'd brushed it out and let it fall naturally around her shoulders.

When she heard Quinn call for her, she smiled. “Yeah, I'm set. Sorta. Let me get my shoes.”

Emerging from the bathroom, she quickly found her new sneakers, figuring that was probably the best choice for a casual shopping trip. She sat on the edge of the bed and slipped them on. “You can come in...” She said almost shyly.

When he pushed the door fully open, she gave him a smile. For a moment she busied herself tying her shoes and then slowly stood, wiping her hands against her thighs. “Do I look alright?” She asked him, wanting his honest opinion and feeling nervous as hell. It had been a long while since she'd bothered to apply makeup and look pretty for anyone unless forced to.

“I tried to cover up the neck bruises...I can't do much about the rest without using up gobs of makeup...”

Quinn walked in to Lucy’s bedroom and leaned his left shoulder against the door frame as she got herself ready. He’d noticed she’d put her jeans and top back on, which made perfect sense as they were still clean. He took all of her in as she nervously pressed her hands against her jeans, and he couldn’t help but smile at her.

“You look fantastic Lucy. Really, nobody’s gonna notice your bruises. Hell I can hardly see them.”

Quinn let her grab what stuff she needed as they walked out of her bedroom and headed down the stairs to the garage. Making sure to guide himself down by the railings his head was still a little foggy. One of those fun side effects of taking pain meds.. his head felt a little loopy and would for a few more hours. He let her walk in front of him and he couldn’t help but admire how the jeans she’d picked out hugged her hips and showed off her curves. They walked through the house which just by her presence felt much more warm, it was funny, her smile was infectious, and as he had told himself numerous times over the last few days he was looking forward to seeing her come out of the shell she’d been forced into.

Holding the door open for her, Quinn hit the garage door button hearing that familiar clank and mechanical before they took the short flight of stairs stepped down into the mostly empty 3 car garage. Quinn paused and handed over the key fob to the Jeep, holding her hand for a moment, he said,

“I hope you don’t mind driving us around this morning, I’m still a little too foggy. I’ll navigate us to where you wanna go. Don’t worry. “

Finishing with a smile he walked to the passenger side, as Lucy agreed and walked to the driver’s side getting in. Slipping the key fob into her pocket Lucy had watched Quinn start up the Jeep enough times to know it was a proximity key. She pushed the ignition button just to the right of the steering wheel and the Jeep hummed to life. Backing out of the garage down the driveway, Lucy got her first real view of his house in daylight, It was a good sized three story house, attractive in the front painted a natural off white, brown accents and a nice front porch, Quinn would surely show her around the house once they got back and settled in.

Lucy felt herself blushing at his compliment and all giddy inside as she led the way out of the house, surprising herself with how she'd easily remembered the floor plan. She'd been so tired the night before, but now felt refreshed and ready to face the day. Suddenly he worries didn't seem so bad. Even though in reality, she knew that eventually she would have to face off with Kyle. He wouldn't give up so easily and he'd be livid when he found out that she'd ditched the car.

Happy to drive, Lucy smiled and took direction from Quinn who seemed more than happy and relaxed in the driver's seat. Maybe it was the drugs. Kyle never allowed her to drive when they were together. He had to be in control of everything...everything. Swallowing back his memory, she focused on the beautiful day and scenery around them as he directed her to the nearest store.

The drive was pleasant one, with Quinn's gaze meeting her's frequently when she looked at him. Every time she smiled a little and felt her cheeks get warm. He seemed to get a kick out of that, grinning like a goof ball which in turn made her giggle. “Stop it.” She teased and nudged his leg as they pulled into the parking lot of the store a good 15 minutes later.

Getting out, she shoved the keys into her pocket after shutting the door and met him around the back of the Jeep. His hand instantly clasped hers and they fell into step together, naturally.

Quinn followed into step with Lucy, his fingers intertwining w/ hers as they walked in to the grocery store. It felt comfortable as he held her hand, one of the first times she'd initiated personal contact. While simple, it was public, and she was growing to be comfortable with him. Seeing that he could get her to giggle was even better.

He broke holding her hand as they walked in the door, moving off, grabbing a cart as she lead the way. Wondering through the store, he pretty much pushed the cart, watching her gather food of all sorts. Steak, fruit, veggies, breads, and as they moved from one isle to the next he kept making goofy faces at her. Lucy was doing a great job of ignoring him while he'd try and distract her shaking her head on occasion. They'd made it into an isle carrying pasta and sauces. Lucy was looking around shelf to shelf, looking for something specific. She spotted what she was looking for then looked at Quinn asked him back up a bit. He shook his head no, so she came over to push him out of the way, trying to get to a box of penne pasta. Finally she got fed up and tried to get around him.

"Will you stop acting like a dope and get outta my way.." Quinn folded his arms and simply said make "make me." Quickly reacting, Lucy poked Quinn in the side making him take two step away as Lucy grabbed the box of pasta she was looking for tossing it in the cart. Quinn responded and teased her.

"Hey...thought you weren't gonna tickle me."

Lucy quickly responded by sticking her tongue out at him replying "I said that at home, when you were in pain, not being a pain in my ass."

Quinn acted shocked and feigned being hurt. "OH!, That hurts Lucy, that's just mean.." Quinn closed the two step distance between them, putting his hands on her hip Quinn leaned in picked her up shocking Lucy a bit. Quinn then kissed her softly on the cheek, putting her down on her feet. quietly he said, "Thanks very much this morning Lucy, I mean it. And you have a cute butt Lucy, I'll work on not being such a pain but I make no guarantees."

They laughed, and Lucy patted him on his chest lightly pushing him back. Quinn stepped away letting her walk away and down the isle, he watched the subtle sway of her hips as he thought to himself "yes you do Lucy... you have a very cute ass at that." Pushing the cart on behind her they continued on.

Lucy was feeling a little flustered by Quinn's gentle kiss and touch. It also amazed her how he'd lifted her so easily. She knew she didn't weight much, but with his hurt shoulder, she should have demanded he not do that...instead, she'd melted inside like a pat of butter on a warm day. Her cheek still tingled and the butterflies in her stomach fluttered.

What on earth else did they need? She couldn't for the life of her remember. Instead she wondered what it would be like to feel his lips on her own. Would he be so soft? So sweet....her heart did a funny little flip and she almost tripped over her own feet.

“You alright?” Quinn's voice snapped her back to reality and she giggled and felt herself blush.

“Just clumsy!” Shaking off her romantic thoughts, she led the rest of the way through the store, picking up snacks and drinks and finally the two of them were out and loading up the jeep. She babied him a little, making sure he didn't over do it. Back in the driver's seat, she smiled at him. “So...all done or is there somewhere else you'd like to go?”

Quinn shook his head no and commented about getting the food home before anything perishable spoiled. Lucy agreed and headed out back home. Relaxing into letting Lucy drive let her know he trusted her, and it gave her the ability to get to know the area. He took her on a few different roads, through a few back areas where they could get a good view of the rocky mountains from where they were. It was good to see her comfortable and he felt his heart ache when he saw her smile. He'd said it many times over the last two days.. but he felt like finally she'd started to leave the shell behind. Hopefully not to fast.

They returned home and she backed the Jeep up the driveway, put it in park shutting off the engine and handed Quinn the key, shaking his head he waved her off "no keep the key, I'm kinda liking this chauffeur thing." He smiled and she smacked him lightly on the shoulder "Don't get too used to it, once I get my own car again you'll be on your own." Quinn laughed and agreed, "Well then I'll just milk it while I can." Lucy laughed him off as they both started unloading the Jeep, grabbing bags and carrying them into the kitchen.

Once the jeep was completely unloaded, the final bags brought in Quinn left Lucy to start putting things away while he closed the garage and shut the back of the Jeep. He was coming back into the kitchen as Lucy was putting a few steaks in the freezer. He admired her quick ability to make her way around his kitchen putting things away where she thought they should go just admiring her figure, the way her top accentuated her breasts, the jeans she wore were form fitting but not too tight. Quinn finally broke himself out of his day dream of watching her and opened a few bags starting to putting things away in the walk in pantry just as Lucy started to as well.

He'd be patient, let her step in, drop a couple things off and then turn around, He'd nearly bonked heads with her twice, each time stepping out of the way as she busied herself. They'd finally just about got everything put away save for a few boxes of dried pasta, by chance it was the same ones that he'd fought with her over in the grocery store. He was placing it on an upper shelf as Lucy got up from putting a few boxes of snacks below, she stood up right in front of him, nudging her butt accidentally into his crotch as he took a half step back. She turned, and squeaked out an apology just as their noses met. Looking Lucy in the eyes, what happened next felt natural, as if they'd been around each other for ages. He leaned forward resting the box of pasta on the shelf and lightly kissed Lucy on the lips.

He warmly kissed her, taking her by surprise, enjoying the sweet taste of her lips that matched her personality. Whatever it was, she tasted like he'd always hoped she would. He knew it was a bit sudden and almost out of character for him to do this so making the kiss linger too long or kiss her passionately would just freak her out. He made it last just a little longer, then sucked gently on her bottom lip as he pulled away. She didn't react, and Quinn instantly felt like he'd gone way to far. He quickly apologized and rushed out of the pantry cleaning up the plastic bags that were scattered across the kitchen. His face flush, he licked his lips, savoring the taste of her, wanting to go back in there and pick her up in his arms and kiss her again. This first kiss would be a memory that would remain etched on his brain forever.

Lucy stared after Quinn as he made a hasty retreat, feeling stunned. Her hand slowly came up to her mouth, touching her mouth where he'd kissed her. The kiss had caught her completely off guard, frozen her in place with shock and yet everything inside of her had melted.

Unsure of what to say, she slowly made her way out of the pantry and shut the door. Quinn was moving around the kitchen, shoving bags into the trash and trying to make himself busy, his face still flaming. She felt an odd ache in her chest, wanting to go to him and wrap her arms around him. She wanted him to hold her close and do that again, make her feel all melty, but her mind again said danger! Still she couldn't get the taste of him off her mouth as she swiped her lower lip with her tongue and inwardly sighed.

"Um...so...what should we erm...do...for the rest of the day?" She asked awkwardly.

Quinn slowly turned from his busy worked and regarded her, looking sheepish and a little worried. She smiled slowly and approached the kitchen island, her hands slipping the surface. She studied her fingers a moment. Her nails were void of any pretty colors, but were natural and clean, clipped and filled neatly. Her fingers long and slender, almost dainty looking.

"Quinn," she began slowly, trying to find her nerve, "the kiss was nice..." She told him, feeling her own cheeks heat up. "Very nice...thank you."

Quinn thought she was going to admonish him, or if anything sound confused... but to hear her compliment him.. can you say.... a touch of an ego boost??

Of course, his subconscious wrangled him in, trying to keep at least one foot planted on the ground. "Ok.. so she liked this kiss, this does not mean we get to go play TONSIL TAG. Ease into kissing the beautiful woman. Savor her lips, she deserves it. and so do you ya big dork."

Quinn smiled and moved around the island closing the distance to Lucy, resting one hand on her own, as he rested his other on her hip, slowly she turned to him, concentrating on him. "Your welcome..I was worried I pushed." He signed and looked back into her eyes where he found his soul laid bare. Instead of ruining the moment with words, he slowly pulled her hip to his own, encircling her hand in his, as he leaned in to kiss her again, this time with a bit more earnest behind it.

Lucy hadn't expected kiss number two, but she didn't shy away either. A small gasp escaped her lips as he pulled her close to him, their hips bumping. His kiss was just as sweet as before, but there was definitely more confidence behind it. She tentatively responded, relaxing against him and winding her arms around his neck slowly.

He didn't mash her mouth or try to slip his tongue into her unready mouth. Instead he let her lead a little and took what she gave. A small sigh escaped her mouth before she could stop it. She felt him smile as they continued to softly explore and smooch on each other's lips. It was warm and moist and oh so good. That tiny tug on her bottom lip made her body sway more fully against his and she teasingly nipped at his top lip, then pulled away, feeling flushed an warm all over.

Quinn relaxed his hold and let her slowly take a step back. Nerves suddenly flared that he would be angry she didn't go for more, but instead he had the silliest smile on his face and she couldn't help but giggle. Clearing her throat, she moved to the fridge to grab herself a soda, getting one for him as well. She wanted to talk to him about these feelings and growing desires...warn him that she had so many issues to deal with, but she figured he probably already knew. That's why he was giving her space.

Quinn took the can of soda from Lucy, he licked his lips as he opened it, nodding and thanking her. "Why don't I show you around the rest of the house? You've seen the kitchen and the bedrooms but that's about it."

Carrying their drinks with them he showed her the large TV room, 50" Plasma mounted on one wall with an entertainment system, a couple of xbox controllers and one large remote that looked like it controlled it all. Picking it up Quinn remarked "the guy who helped install it all said the remote looked like something you'd use to remote control a bomb... I don't see a big red shinny button anywhere on here. but it took forever programing the damn thing. It's simple to use, but I'll show you that later."

Walking further around he showed her the sparcely decorated front room which faced the front of the house, the dinning room, which had a simple small 4 chair table sitting in it, but the space was made for a much more impressive table. He walked her out to the deck, with grill and the modest sized back yard, Green for the weather, he remarked about the sprinkler system and that he needed to mow it here in the next few days. He pointed up behind them to a balcony which lead off his master bedroom. "I've been known to fall asleep in my deck chair up there.. the nights can get rather warm.. on occasion I've been reading and will just fall asleep.. wake up and it's 2 am."

Seeing her chuckle at his joke they went back inside, he guided her toward the kitchen to a closed door they hadn't opened yet. "This leads downstairs to the basement. I promise, no whips chains or cages down there." Opening the door he flipped the light on and started down in front of her. Reluctantly at least for the first few steps Lucy followed him down to the bottom of the staircase.

Pointing over to the corner of the room she noticed a larger vault like door which Quinn pointed to."Inside there is all of my gear... all the stuff I train with and that I got to keep when I got out of the service. It stays under lock and key unless I head out to the range.. that sort of thing.. So I don't mean to freak you out, or make you run for it. but guns are a part of my life. I hope you are ok with that." Moving on, giving Lucy time to process what he'd said, pointed to the other side of the room, "My small home gym is here, just a weight bench some weights and a pully system. It allows me the privacy of working out here, without going to some meat market 24 hr fitness." There wasn't much else to show down there, so Quinn guided her back up to the kitchen and shut the basement door behind them. He commented and said, "well, you've had the grand tour save for the garage, and there's not much to see out there.

Quinn stepped closer to Lucy one more time holding her hands in his, "My home is yours, I hope you like the place.."

Lucy felt herself drawn to Quinn as he stepped closer. She did like his home, very much. Sure, it was a little sparse, needing a woman's touch. He was after all, a bachelor. But he was neat and tidy and everything seemed clean. She had no room to complain. The home had good bones and was comfortable. It was the perfect place for her to stay and build herself back up. A safe place to heal and formulate a plan.

She smiled almost shyly and nodded, "I like it...I love it Quinn. It's very nice. I'm thankful that you're letting me stay." She gave his hand a squeeze and took a sip of her soda before pulling away. The urge to remain close to him was strong. She wanted to cozy up and have him wrap his arms around her and make all the bad memories go away, but she knew that was too much too soon and she had to rely on herself.

Circling the kitchen, leaned casually against one of the kitchen counters and gaze at him curiously. "So what's the plan exactly? I mean...I can't just hide out here forever. Kyle will eventually find me and I need to do something with myself. I don't want to be a burden on you or be a free loader. It's important to me that I'm...productive."

Quinn scratched his head, he hadn't honestly thought very far, he had a rough idea of what might keep her off the radar, but she'd have to be pretty open minded. Quinn took a long swig of his soda, resting it softly on the island counter top, then looking over at Lucy.

"Well I had a couple of ideas, kind of depends on you really. first I'd thought about us at least get you a car, the eight thousand you have is plenty for something newer but not incredibly new. however so long as you want to, you are free to drive the Jeep at any time. I had thought that I'd buy the car what ever you want, it would stay in my name versus having your name on the registration, and we'd have it insured under my name as well. I'm afraid if we get you insured here any time soon it'll raise a few flags."

Quinn took a deep sigh and looked at her with hope in his eyes as he started his next sentence. "I am part owner of a gun shop here in town, and we do a lot of internet work, phone calls. typing answering email taking in orders, that sort of stuff, I've been doing a lot of the ground work on it but I was hoping you might be interested in doing that. It would keep you busy, get you around a few people I know and trust, Also you wouldn't have to worry about money, I'd pay you in cash, it would be entirely off the books and we'd be able to get you re-established. I'd also thought about getting you a prepaid phone. Or get a second line on my existing account, that way you'd have a phone, and you'd have some privacy."

"And.. I suck at being a cook, so.. if I could bribe you with a daily foot massage, back massage or any other bribery you can think of, I'd be forever in your debt if you wouldn't mind feeding both of us? Maybe?. If you cooked, I'd clean up after both of us, and.. maybe could you help keep this monster of a house clean with me?"

Like I said Lucy, my house is yours and if you stay here for a while, I'd like to hope you'll make it your home too. I'm not requesting you do really anything, because I want you to have time to rebuild your life. And, if you want me to get in touch with your family, or if you want to call them feel free to do so."

Quinn finished his soda and walked over to the trash can tossing it in, which just happened to be closer to Lucy, shyly, he looked at her and got closer to her putting one hand on hers as she looked up at him. "So, that's really my plan Lucy, kinda loose in detail, and wide on possibilities. My only other plan, was... to ask if I could kiss you again."

Lucy was rather surprised by how much he'd thought things through. Sure, the details were not in place yet, but he was right, things were wide open for potential. She watched him intently as he talked and slowly made his way around the island to where she was at. When he finally reached her, she felt her body heat again, wanting to get that little bit closer. Just a little and her mind got a little foggy. “I...I...don't know what to say.” She finally said.

“Say yes...” He suggested sweetly, playfully as his fingers gentlly caressed her own.

She laughed nervously, “To the car, the job, the cooking or the kiss?” She asked in return.

His grin became boyish and maybe just a little mischievous. “All the above.”

She giggled and felt herself blush again, the added coloring to her cheeks making her glow. Moistening her lips with the tip of her tongue, she seemed to weight the pros and cons. He put up a good argument, solid suggestions and ideas. She couldn't possibly turn him down.. “Yes...okay...I want to help in any way and I don't mind cooking or cleaning.”

His brows rose in question over the rest and she grinned and nodded, “And yes to the last part too...”

She shy, sweet response was all he needed. Lucy watched him swoop in, but slowly. He cupped her cheek tenderly, smoothing over the soft skin and then lower along her jaw line to cup the back of her head. Her silky hair tickled the back of his hand as she slowly leaned in. Their lips met unhurriedly, but the heat was intimidate and stole her breath on contact.. Slender fingers slid over his solid chest and gripped his shirt again as she was pulled closer, molding her front to his. She let out a soft whimper and opened her mouth to his, lost in the swirl of sensations he was creating with just a kiss.

Quinn felt every nerve ending on his face was suddenly flush..he'd taken a chance by opening his mouth, slowly reaching his tongue to her's and she met his in kind. They danced, slowly, breaking their contact or only just a few seconds as their kiss grew a bit more passionate.. they kissed and he felt her mold into his chest as he pulled her head and body to his, he couldn't help but let his right hand move down her back to her butt, slipping his hand in her back pocket, keeping it there. They moaned lightly, then broke the kiss as he placed one sweet kiss on her nose, she smiled at him and he simply responded "Thank you Lucy."

He picked her up in a hug, not to squeeze the life out of her, but with every fiber in his being letting her know he was there for her, he buried his face in her hair and couldn't help but ask himself "Is this real? is she really here? with me?" He said nothing more but picked her up a bit more turned her around and placed her on the island, holding her close, resting his head against her stomach holding her for a few minutes, he broke the silence by whispering to her "Thank you for brightening up my life, by being here with me." He kissed her again with warm intent and then looked her in the eyes. "The guys at the shop are gonna fall on their asses when they meet you. I can't think of a better place for you to spread your wings again than there." With nervous urgency he spoke quickly, "I know that sounds silly, but the two other guys I work with at the shop are old service buddies, they got out before I did so I trust them more than anyone. You'll get a kick out of them too I'm sure."

Lucy nodded in agreement and he stepped back letting her hop off the island, as Quinn pulled open the fridge and grabbed a second soda cracking it open. "Did you have any thoughts on how to brighten up this place??"

Back