Writing Goal for the Day?

I got a little yesterday myself. Uh, writing that is and today might be much the same.
 
I agree with most of what you say. I know a few cops who possess lotsa self-restraint, and insane martial artists definitely exist!

Our local SWAT Team recently saved an old man from his tv. The old man was watching a Rambo Marathon and fell asleep in his recliner. A neighbor heard the gunfire and screaming, and called 911. The badasses broke in and saved the guy.

Did they seal off the area while they deactivated his remote? That's just classic. Meanwhile some where in the city, some real crime was being committed.
 
Did they seal off the area while they deactivated his remote? That's just classic. Meanwhile some where in the city, some real crime was being committed.

I got better stories than that one! Some of it is surreal and beyond bizarre.
 
Well, now, you know better than that, Lovecraft. You peeked. Or do you want to lie about it?

I peeked at what you wanted me to peek at. Still means nothing to me. I spent years dealing with fraud and identity theft. The internet is a vast place and a shopping cart we can be anyone we want to be sweetie.

I'd say only God knows the truth, but case you haven;t heard I don't believe him either.
 
So I successfully bullied myself into finishing my sappy V-day story. I'll work on cleaning it up and submit tomorrow night. I almost skipped it, but don't plan on entering another contest until Halloween so figured better get in on this one.
 
SA PennLady, are you entering the V-Day contest? Miss you. :rose:

As I said in the other thread, unfortunately not. I'd written a story, and while some might have liked it, my beta reader pointed out some issues and he had good points. Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on that (or anything else, sigh).
 
The violence book includes some wonderful information about sexual differences. The author is a sociobiologist (evolution-psychologist) and doesnt know it. For example, every society requires a warrior class or risks extinction when the males best the females and kiddies, fleeing from the lions. Females prefer a man in uniform, and they dont like living alone.

Females are more aggressive than males, and very dangerous, but they arouse slowly, and when they finally smack a guy the guy responds to the provocation (even when he pisses her off) as if it were a threat from a predator. Her violence scares him, and he nukes her.
 
Finally I might be able to make a goal. I've been fortunate enough to write something every day, but I haven't had the time to really waste hours away writing, it's been short bursts and late at night. Today though it's back to normal (at least what I consider to be normal).

Finish Kismet Ch. 11

Edit a Exhib/Voy - Done and submitted. w00t!
Add more to three others
Make corrections on a "How to" - Done and off to be edited. w00t!
Begin an outline for a fourth (never have tried an outline - but there is a lot of research to muddle through)
Post on an SRP - Done for that day - w00t!

I guess my goal is that one of those things listed above will be accomplished!

Half of the things got done, so that is worth a naked :nana: dance. :D Now to work on the stuff in bold.
 
Got a little free time today, so.... If the Muse will settle down, I'm going to start on a couple of Earth day stories.

PS: Red, I'll also try to get around to reading those notes and making some in return. :kiss:
 
The final cover copy and the final proof text for a mainstream novel dropped on me today, so there's no question how my day will be spent.
 
Got a little free time today, so.... If the Muse will settle down, I'm going to start on a couple of Earth day stories.

PS: Red, I'll also try to get around to reading those notes and making some in return. :kiss:

No worries. :kiss: It'll keep until you have time. :)
 
I am still haunted by the Indiana Jones/Noir inspired story which popped into my head Saturday while I was trying to write a 300-word flash fiction piece using tent, train, and climb within it.

I tried writing other pieces yesterday, but the image of an early 30s educated man coming out of a tent and putting on a warn amber and green ball cap on popped into my head, followed by him seeing several students climb down a wildflower-speckled hillock covered in dirt, some excited...

Then the scene goes to a train where the man is riding down to NYC with a small chest at his feet, a sleeping brunette at his side....

Man, I read too many pulps when I was a kid!!!

I need to get the story out and on paper or on the 'puter!!!!
 
Going to submit my V-day story tonight had a huge debate on whether it would be mature or romance but a couple of the top dogs here insisted mature so I will go with their experience.

Interested to see how this makes out. Although it gets hardcore near the end this is a story. close to 5 pages before the nasty. we'll see what I can get away with in that category. But if I can pull 3-4 pages with no sex off in incest I think this should be okay.
 
Well, I got my Valentine's Day entry up - which sort of gives me a trifecta:

1) First contest entry
2) First incest story
3) First contest entry for the Survivors contest, too.

And I just submitted my second "Survivors" entry with a submission for the Anal category. Interesting how writing a simple anal scene felt strange. I'm so used to pushing the envelope with my characters that having them do something as simple as anal and making it read exciting was more of a challenge than I expected.

Not sure which category is up next for me, but that's for later tonight. Right now, I'm going to bask in the warm glow of feeling like I accomplished something.
 
Almost to the end of HOW TO WRITE VIOLENCE. The author goes into detail about weapons and what happens when youre stabbed or shot or hacked with an axe etc. He also talks about cops dying from non-lethal wounds. If you believe youre supposed to die you proberly will. On the otherhand plenny of crooks take 6-7 bullets and keep on truckin & tickin.

This reference book is a keeper.
 
Ahem. If the cop died from the wound, it was ipso facto lethal, wasn't it? :rolleyes:
 
Almost to the end of HOW TO WRITE VIOLENCE. The author goes into detail about weapons and what happens when youre stabbed or shot or hacked with an axe etc. He also talks about cops dying from non-lethal wounds. If you believe youre supposed to die you proberly will. On the otherhand plenny of crooks take 6-7 bullets and keep on truckin & tickin.

This reference book is a keeper.

I understand what you mean. Survival is in the will (and the crazy gene helps as well)

I read a study where down in South America in small villages that still believe heavily in voodoo, that if a medicine man casts a death spell on someone they will wither away and die, because they believe they will.
 
The dictionary is a writer's (a real writer's) friend: Websters: le-thal. adj. 1. of, relating to, or causing death.

fa-tal. adj. 4. causing death.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top