Savage Warrior, Native Lands

She loved watching him. He was so wiled. A part of this land that was to be part of her new home. The way he was so open and free about how he moved. He moved in the water as if he were a part of it. Men back home always tried to tame the land they were one, becoming it's master. He moved as if he was an equal to it and it was fascinating to watch.

She let her body relax a bit as she continued to let her hands play in the water, keeping her eyes on him. He came to sit not far from her. She watched him cup his hands in the water and lift some out as if he were going to take a drink, before letting it flow though his fingers

“Kuuyi.” He did it again.

She mouth the word trying to understand. "Kuuyi?" But before she could ask, he threw the water at her.

She was shocked, it had splashed her in the face. Cora stopped to look back at him as he sat there with a grin on his face.

"What was that for" She hit the water quickly sending a large splash of water his way.
 
The large splash got him right in the face, and Ahote rolled about in his seated position playfully. Pressing his lips together, and breathing spit water through them as if she swamped him. Yet he couldn’t help to grin.

“Cora!” he spoke trying to sound angry, even if his face told a completely different story.

He flipped the water around him in his hands and got an idea to help with his suggestion for her. Still seated with his legs crossed underwater in front of her, he reached down and cupped his hands. A pool of the cool spring water formed there.

“Ahote, Kuuyi” he said, repeating his name and his word for water for her. Then he lifted his hands over his head and let the water pour over his wet hair, across his face, past his closed eyes and down his naked torso. He shook his head to clear the droplets and smiled giving an exaggerated “aaaaahhhhhhh” of relief.

He then again scooped his hands down to pick up the water but held it towards her.

“Kuuyi?” he asked. “Kuuyi, Cora?” He presented it as an offering, but then tilted his head with a smirk, “or Waapa Tavo” as if he was going to have to throw it at her.

Then with a smile he offered kindly again. “Kuuyi”. In hopes he could show her how refreshing the water was, or let the shy girl find out by throwing it at her.
 
She giggled a bit as she watched him get angry with her. The tone was there but there was such a light in his eyes she could tell he was joking around and not serious at all. She loved the way he said her name. It was hesitant as if it were foreign.

He cupped his hands again and she sat back to try to avoid being splashed again. He lifted the water and poured it over his face. It looked refreshing. The sun was becoming stronger in the sky and the day was warming up. Even the horses were a bit upstream happily playing in the water.
Again he offered up his cupped hands full of water.

“No, I can’t come in” she reached down into the cool water though, letting her wrists cool down from the heat. She longed to be free and bathe in the refreshing waters, but it would not be decent for her to do so. Maybe later she would be able to if she could convince James to come down and guard the stream and her dignity.
 
“Ahh, Waapa Tavo,” he said with a teasing tone.

He laid back and allowed himself to float just for an instant before turning over onto his stomach and began swimming out to deeper. He moved like an otter, sliding up to the surface and under until coming to a stop in the deep point. He no doubt continued to expose himself to the white woman, but it was her that was protecting herself under cloths, not he. Head just above water he shook the water out of his hair.

He looked at her on the shore and smiled. The little woman was having an effect on him, more than he should allow one of her kind to do so. Yet she seemed more scared of the water than he should be of her.

Yet he still enjoyed his spring. Dunking his head under the water, then coming back up again.

She was a curiosity to him. Surely not of this land. Surely not like his people. Yet still here, still some great ways of where her people come from - that alone is something of strength. Whether by firesticks or spirit.
 
Cora was so wrapped up in the sight of this man, swimming effortlessly in the water she had almost forgotten where her horses were. One had come up behind her and playfully nudged her. She reached back and pet her muzzle. The beast whinnied softly at the attention.

"Just relax old girl" she spoke softly to the beast. "You worked hard. We will spend the day taking it easy. Besides, James is probably still sleeping, or trying to figure out how to rebuild the tent." She laugh at the thought of her brother, tangled up in the cans from the wagon.

The beast whinnied louder, more playfully, nudging Cora harder. "Hey, stop that." She urged the animal to stop, only to lose he balance and hand in the shallows of the stream, drenching herself over her hips.

The shock of landing in the water made her gasp as she stared back at the beast who had just pushed her in. The horse seemed to be laughing as she whinnied loud, pounding a hoof into the soft ground.

"Oh, now you have done it." she stopped and though how absurd she must sound and look as she sat fully clothed in the water
 
Ahote watched smiling at first as the horse continued to nudge the girl to the water. When she fell in, he did his best to contain himself, but it faltered quickly. He began to laugh heartedly. He fell back into the water, slapped the surface with a splash, and watched her happily. He seemed genuinely humored, not in a hateful way, but amused by the situation.

He swum over to Cora, kneeled in the shallowness, and offered a hand.

“Kuuyi” he said again, using the word for water to her. His thought, she was wet now so she might as well enjoy it.

“Cora kuuyi”
 
Cora sat for a moment as the shock of landing in the water passed. She could hear his full laughter behind her and it came closer.

“Cora kuuyi” He offered her hand out. She could not tell if he wanted to help her or pull her farther into the water.

she tried pushing herself up to standing. The water made her clothing heavy, weighing her down.

"I need to get dry" As she started to make her way to the bank. Again she lost her balance. This time it was the weight of her skirts pulling her down into the water. "this is no use." She sighed as she gave into the cooling water which she not sat waist deep in.

Cora reached down and unlaced her boots. Slowly she pulled each one off and tossed them up onto the bank to dry out. Next she unrolled her stockings and tossed them up to the bank. Her legs felt free in the water.

the rest of her was soaked and her stays held snug, almost too heavy in the water. It was too much. she stripped her petticoat from under her dress and wadded it up, pushing it up onto the bank
 
Ahote watched as the woman removed covers and cloths. At first the process was curious, as it seemed she removed things that were hidden underneath things other things. They appeared like parts of her removed from out of the layers of other parts. Like what looked to be skin peeled right off of her legs that she simply rolled down and off her feet. Then it seemed great bolts of cloth nestled down from under the top layer and came out wet to be tossed to the side.

To Ahote, she seemed eager to break free of these things that hinder her. So he believed she now just took him up on the his offer join him in the water; and of course to him meant she was removing her clothing to do so … all her clothing.

As she struggled with the clothes, he decided to help. He rose up out of the water, moved naked and wet until he stood in front of her. Water rolled in long lines across his skin. The light from the moisture accented the firm strong muscles and toned body. Unashamed, he stood before the girl, his flacid member inches from her. Casually, took her dress into his hands at her hips. “Ahote maqqa Cora”, he stated meaning that he was there to help her. And began to lift the dress.
 
For a moment she stopped as he came forward, his full body exposed to her. The water making trails along his tanned skin. She found her self for a moment mesmerized by the lines of his muscles ands the way they shone as the light reflected from the water on his body.

Before she knew it he was directly in front of her and full realization of how much of him was exposed hit her. She blushed as she tried to turn away. She felt his hands on her hips as they gripped the heavy wet fabric. She was shocked as he spoke. Even more shocked as he began to lift her dress.

"Stop" With that she backed up, pushing against his chest, making sure not to lose her balance. "Not that part"

Cora could feel the warmth come from him, even though the water was cool. She could smell the earth on him and feel the how he was grounded to this land. From where her hands lay, she could feel his heartbeat, the heartbeat of his people and the history they had here in this place. His very presence did something to her. Her very senses struggled to keep control with him around

She took a step back, pulling the fabric from his hands. "I just could not move with all my underpinnings soaking wet." She could not get mad. He must have though she was going to join him, as bare as he was.
 
Ahote felt confused by the white girl. Confused by his own emotions. No word she used connected with his own language, but she clearly reacted against his desire to help. Her eyes showed fear, she even tried to move away from him. Her hand on his chest though spoke a different language. In languished, and warmed his skin. He wanted that touch to last for ages.

Once again she stepped away, speaking, sounding more apologetic. The sound of a creature that wanted to be left, but in a way that drew him closer.

He closed the distance between them once more, but slowly to not scare the white rabbit away. He reached again for her hips, but instead of moving to the cloth of the dress, he took her hands. They were soft, warm, and tender. His darkened skin against the white of her fingers contrasted beautifully.

He now stepped back, towards the deeper water. She remained clothed, but he was sure she would still enjoy this place. He pulled her towards it to enjoy the spring with him. The pool with it’s warm spring water would still reach her and make her feel what he does in it; it will keep her warm, and if it doesn’t he would keep her warm.
 
She did not flinch this time as he took her hands. The contrast of their skin mimicked the contrast of their worlds. Her skin was so pale in comparison to his. He could blend with the earth itself. She had been held inside most of her life. The sun and outdoors were no place for a lady according to her mother. Pale skin was the fashion where she had come from. Only on their journey out here had she let the heat of the sun warm her cheeks and add a little color to her face. Oh if mama could see her now.

She watched as he stepped back, farther into the water. Her arms extended as he began to try to lead her where he was going. His movements mesmerized her. The sinew of his muscles glistened with the beads of water. She found herself moving forward with him. The cool water rising as she moved deeper. Now unencumbered by her underclothes she was able to move better. The cool rocks in the pool felt good as they massaged her bare feet. The water seemed to wash away all the dirt from they journey to this place.

The water itself was nice. Cooler than she expected as finally it was up to her waist. She could feel a slight shiver run up her spine as the cold penetrated into her body a bit. She could feel the hem of her skirt try to float to the surface and entangle her once again.

Cora concentrated on him, his hands were warm as they held hers. There was a connection between them. This complete stranger was doing something to her and she could not explain it.
 
The water was up to their hips when he stopped moving. The feel of her hands never wavered -- tense as if she was nervous, but still warm to the touch. He never let his stare move away from her eyes. Up close he saw the grey color in her eyes that seemed like light burning through soft clouds. None had eyes like her that he had seen, none of his kind ever would, and it was there he let his gaze stay locked.

“Cora,” he spoke softly.

He let go of her hands, slowly moving it up her arms. A gentled move made cautiously and without the sense of malace. He noticed the arms of one that may not be as strong as the women of his tribe but far from frail. Hidden beneath the strange cloths that did so much to hide, he was aware that the white rabbit underneath was still firm. His hands stopped when they were on each side of her shoulders, the tough strong enough to hold her still.

“Cora” he said again, as if asking for her trust.

Then a playful smile grew on his face. With a quick pull, he fell side-wards, attempting to bring her down with him into the water. Attempting to bring her fully into the pool with him.
 
His eyes were wide as his touch moved up her arms. A touch that was both firma and gentle at the same time. A touch connecting them in the moment. She was focused on him. Mesmerized by his movements. His hands were warm on her shoulders even with the water being cool. Such contrast. Both in them there in the water together as well as the sensation on her flesh.

The water was up to their waist. It moved around her. The hem of her dress floated gently around her now bare ankles.

He spoke her name. It was gentle. Her name sounded good coming from him. She liked the richness of it. It sounded different than when her family or friends called her by it. It was warmer and more of the land. She liked it and smiled.

With a fluid movement he pulled at her, his eyes full of joy and laughter. It was quick. She felt her balance fail as she fell with him to the side. The water washed over her, and covered her completely.
 
He couldn’t help but laugh at her surprised by his little trick to get her underwater. Now that she was there, Ahote was sure she would enjoy the spring like he did. “Lolma pwe paahu,” he laughed enjoying the outcome.

Ahote reached for her hands as she brought herself to the surface. Smiling he repeated her name, hoping he could now bring her to where they could swim. “Cora. Cora,” he repeated.

Her hands were soft, like moss. Tender. Yet white like a flower, as gentle too. He moved backwards starting to reach where the depth was low enough to swim. “Cora, kuuyi,” he smiled. Hoping now she would find the enjoyment in the spring that he did.
 
Cora made her way to the surface. The coolness of the water kissing and enveloping her skin completely. It held her and cradled her until she made her way to the surface. The cool water made her feel fresh. The dirt and grit from the long journey cascaded from her and was washed down the stream.

She opened her eyes as she emerged from below the surface, reaching for something, and found a hand, his hand. They were large and encased her hands as he led her further out. The depth increased as she tread lightly on the bottom of the soft sand and dirt. She held on tight as she felt her body begin to float.

"Cora?" A voice in the distance called out

"Oh No!" She exclaimed. The morning had been passing quickly and James must have been looking for her.

"Cora!" The voice moved closer and closer though the woods.
 
Back
Top