So what did you eat tonight?

At three thirty, I'll put a pork loin with apple smoked bacon on top in the smoker for two hours, then let it rest for thirty minutes. I'm also making sourdough biscuits. There will be some kind of salad but it might not be green. It might be canned apricots with sour cream, pecans and dried cranberries. And a bottle of Seven Deadly Zins.
 
At three thirty, I'll put a pork loin with apple smoked bacon on top in the smoker for two hours, then let it rest for thirty minutes. I'm also making sourdough biscuits. There will be some kind of salad but it might not be green. It might be canned apricots with sour cream, pecans and dried cranberries. And a bottle of Seven Deadly Zins.

I hope you have enough Zinfandel for everyone. I'm getting a little thirsty, and that's one.of.my favorites.
 
Made lasagna with homemade spinach noodles. Best thing to do with adult spinach, I think.

Unfortunately I made the noodles too thin, so it turned out to be heavy on the meat and cheese (since I could only fit about half the noodles in the pan). Mr. Midwest said it was great, but I was really looking forward to those noodles. Oh well. I cut the remaining noodles into strips so I'll have some fresh pasta tomorrow for lunch or something.

I suppose it's nothing a dessert of "pumpkin" (aka long island cheese squash) pie won't fix. ;)
 
Last edited:
In the inimitable words of Sir Terry Pratchett, " . . . a pork sandwich . . . with mustard!" Ooooerrrrrrrrrr . . .


And I think I'll fry some green apples to go with them.
 
I had leftover roast beef...so I cubed it...cubed two large potatoes and chopped a med onion..... in a large skillet ...melted 2tbsp of butter...added the beef, potatoes, onion... browned one side then turned....added 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of leftover beef gravy....stirred until smooth...brought it all to a boil ...then turned down the heat to simmer til the potatoes were done and liquids absorbed....about 20 minutes...

This is total comfort food....served with eggs over easy.....and buttered toast....yummm
 
I had a green salad with diced tomatoes, toasted almonds, real bacon bits and cucumber, shredded carrot with homemade cilantro-avocado dressing...and margaritas:)
 
Tonight was NY strip steaks, pan broiled with a sauce made of the drippings, fried taters and onions, and sauteed zucchini with mini sweet peppers and dressed in a tasty homemade salad dressing.
 
A dozen or so deep fried dill pickles with ranch dressing.
(The fair is in town.)
 
chicken and bok choy stir fry
baked purple sweet potatoes
butternut squash scones

I'd never had purple sweet potatoes before tonight (I bought them at the farmers' market because I'd never seen them before). Can't say I'll be buying any in the future. Blech.

A dozen or so deep fried dill pickles with ranch dressing.
(The fair is in town.)

A local restaurant serves these. I made fun of them for years before I finally had one. *swoons* I can't go back to that restaurant, ever.
 
A lentil dish and raw broccoli salad, Im vegetarian.

And before anyone says it yes I do bend this rule sometimes because I do adore one a particular piece of meat.lol
 
I made chicken and noodles in the crock pot, and a sour cream bread with poppy seeds in the breadmaker. Even took some of the chicken dish to my neighbor's kid, who came down with strep throat today, poor guy.
 
Dinner was full of boring leftovers. Blech.

But dessert was a still-warm, apple-blackberry pie with a cornmeal crust. A la mode, of course. Yum!

(As an aside, do people really put cheese on their apple pies? I had cheese in my basket when I bought the apples, and the clerk asked if it was for the top of the pie. Surely, normal people don't actually do this, do they?)
 
Left over rabbit in sour cream gravy, brown rice and lima beans. No dessert tonight but Sunday will be a key lime pie.
 
Back
Top