Feedback please : Call My Bluff

Panthers70

Virgin
Rather than submit a simple story, I thought I'd invite Literotica readers to take part in a little game. Does anybody remember a TV show which was on many years ago called "Call my Bluff"? Probably not very many of you.

The show consisted of two teams of three. Each member from one of the teams would tell a little story, one of which was true and the other two were bluffs. Then the other team then had to guess which of the three stories was true.

I thought I'd try something similar here. I've written about three sexual experiences I may have had as a young man, all involving a much older woman. However, only one of the three is true and the other two are bluffs. Which one do you think is true?

Call My Bluff

I'd like registered Literotica readers to post their guess in the comments section at the end of the story, not on this thread, so that all guesses are in one place. If/when I get 50 replies I'll reveal which story is true and then post again describing my further experiences with the female in question.

Of course I would appreciate any feedback at all from registered users but anonymous posts will be ignored.

Fair warning: 50 comments would be a ton. Not many stories get that kind of feedback (none of mine). Good luck.

Edit: as a rule, you can expext to receive 1 comment per 1000-2000 views. It has less to do with your story and more to do with how few readers are comfortable speaking up. Some genre readerships are better than others, but that's a good baseline for expectations.

Last edited:
Fair warning: 50 comments would be a ton. Not many stories get that kind of feedback (none of mine). Good luck.

But he is trying a different approach to pull comments - vaguely interested to see if it works or backfires. Depends if you like party games, i guess.

Thank you both for your replies.

After 3.9K views I have eleven votes, six from registered members and five anonymous.

I know that the rate of viewing will slow down markedly once the story drops out of the "New story" category but I'm still hopeful that in a month or two I'll get up to the 50 votes I was asking for, even though I may have to backtrack and use anonymous ones.

At least the longer it takes the longer I will have to write the follow-up story about my further sexual experiences with the lady in question!

Thank you both for your replies.

After 3.9K views I have eleven votes, six from registered members and five anonymous.

I know that the rate of viewing will slow down markedly once the story drops out of the "New story" category but I'm still hopeful that in a month or two I'll get up to the 50 votes I was asking for, even though I may have to backtrack and use anonymous ones.

At least the longer it takes the longer I will have to write the follow-up story about my further sexual experiences with the lady in question!

So you've got folk playing the game, which is good, but are they just voting or commenting also?

Why do you consider anon votes differently? They're still playing the game you set them.

I'm curious as to what you get out of the exercise. Does it somehow prove you're a "better" writer if you bluff readers, or is it just idle curiosity on your part, just a game? This is genuine curiosity, btw, not having a shot at what you're doing (it would never occur to me to do something like this, so I'm looking for the point of it all).

So you've got folk playing the game, which is good, but are they just voting or commenting also?

Why do you consider anon votes differently? They're still playing the game you set them.

I'm curious as to what you get out of the exercise. Does it somehow prove you're a "better" writer if you bluff readers, or is it just idle curiosity on your part, just a game? This is genuine curiosity, btw, not having a shot at what you're doing (it would never occur to me to do something like this, so I'm looking for the point of it all).

Apart from one they are all just votes, which to be fair is all I expected/wanted. As AwkwardMD pointed out in a previous reply getting 50 comments would be pretty much impossible.

I get annoyed reading a good story and then seeing it pulled to pieces in the comments section by anon trolls I didn't want to see it happen here, but I realise now that there is a big difference between commenting on a story than just simply voting. I'm happy to include anon votes.

What to do I get out of the exercise? Well it certainly won't prove I'm a "better" writer! If anything it will prove just the opposite!… LOL. Basically, I had three ideas for stories floating around in my head but at my level of ability I didn't think I could develop two of them (the two made up ones) enough for them to stand alone. Rather than just throw them away I came up with the "Call my Bluff" idea.

I don't mind which story wins the vote, apart from hoping that result is quite close between all three, as that will at least show each of the sexual situations are believable.

You're using the word "vote" differently than everyone on the Lit forums expects. Voting is the 5 star rating system. Voting is understood by everyone else to impact your 0-5 rating.

You have, as of posting, 12 comments in which your readers have voted in your game.

I commend you on beating the average.

You're using the word "vote" differently than everyone on the Lit forums expects. Voting is the 5 star rating system. Voting is understood by everyone else to impact your 0-5 rating.

You have, as of posting, 12 comments in which your readers have voted in your game.

I commend you on beating the average.

Point taken and maybe I should have used a different word, e,g, poll, but I'm sure the Literotica readers are able to distinguish between what I'm asking them to vote on using the comments box and the vote for the overall star rating of the post.

15 votes in now for which of the 3 stories are true.

8 Annabelle (Party)
5 Jean (Cleaner)
2 Gaye (Teacher)

Please post your guess in the comments section at the end of the story, not on this thread, so that all the guesses are in one place.

If/when I get 50 replies I'll reveal which story is true and then post a follow-up story describing my further experiences with the female in question.

Back